Snooker

coxyhog

23 minutes ago, Britboy said:

Fortunately he got 2 back at the end of the session, but as Hendry has said, Ronnie is there for the taking if Kieron plays it right. Won't take a lot to get Ronnie really frustrated.

Ronnie is winning playing his C game at the moment, Kyren is playing awful too, if only he can lift his game to where he was yesterday, then it will get interesting.

• Like 1

Wilson was unlucky to lose that last frame.

The table does seem to be playing difficult - Hendry, Parrot and Docherty have all commented, but I get the impression they're not saying what they really think, i.e. it's bad. Certainly one shot that was heading for one of the balk pockets curved off-line. Reminds me of playing pool on some of the tables in Pattaya . . . 😉

24 minutes ago, Britboy said:

Wilson was unlucky to lose that last frame.

The table does seem to be playing difficult - Hendry, Parrot and Docherty have all commented, but I get the impression they're not saying what they really think, i.e. it's bad. Certainly one shot that was heading for one of the balk pockets curved off-line. Reminds me of playing pool on some of the tables in Pattaya . . . 😉

What they want to say is that both players are playing crap, end of.

12 minutes ago, boydeste said:

What they want to say is that both players are playing crap, end of.

That's true as well.

Hard to tell where Ronnie's head's at. He kind of seems in the mood to just walk off and concede as he's obviously really unhappy with his cue action. Very odd - never seen him in this frame of mind before (on the table that is).

4 minutes ago, Britboy said:

That's true as well.

Hard to tell where Ronnie's head's at. He kind of seems in the mood to just walk off and concede as he's obviously really unhappy with his cue action. Very odd - never seen him in this frame of mind before (on the table that is).

Ronnie has always been a wild cannon, unreal when he is on but so wild when he is not. Kyren is in his 1st world final and is jaded from the previous matches. If he can settle down and play his normal game then he has a chance. If Ronnie wakes up then he has no chance.

On todays performance it is any ones game.

Ronnie is Ronnie. Ronnie is the best player the game has ever seen. He still says that he was best when he was in his mid-teens. No pressure.

I've met him a cpl times in a totally non-snooker setting and he is a very decent lad. Both times he (nor I) did not mention snooker at all. 

16 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Well done Ronnie , finished it off in time for me to watch the footy  🙂 

Yup, he turned up today and did what he does.

Great result and 6 times world champ is fitting for the best player to ever lift a cue.

• Thumbs Up 5

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Pinoydave said:

Ronnie seems to be like the majority of the rest of the country........ he hates this new normal..... and can’t work properly at the moment 

His problem is that he isn't practicing right now and with getting older the game doesn't get any easier. As he has struggled with his long game recently, it wouldn't surprise me if his eyes are starting to deteriate.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/19/2020 at 11:47 AM, Nightcrawler said:

I found it painful to watch O'sullivan get a 6-1 thrashing by Trump last night but he wasn't playing his A game and Trump outplayed him at every opportunity at the table. 

Trump is playing at his very best at the moment and extremely hard to beat. 

I agree, Trump is as solid as he has ever been.

Looks to be running away with the final now too!