UK hitting record temperatures

Butch

It was stifling here today, even the wife was moaning about it and it hit 36 at one point, possibly higher in other places such as London. Here's a pic I took in the car, in the shade at 5 pm!

Glad I'm not at work , I do have some stuff to do but the finishing of the Garden will just have to wait until it cools down a bit. Chose a good week to have a holiday I think 🙂

thumbnail_IMG_20200807_165950.jpg

Edited by Butch

It was hot but not as hot as last Friday where I was. We hit 25 in seaton ( Devon) on the beach two fridays in a row but come 1pm it clouded over and rained. Back in Bristol 6pm was probably same temp but bright sunshine 

5 minutes ago, AJSP said:

It was hot but not as hot as last Friday where I was. We hit 25 in seaton ( Devon) on the beach two fridays in a row but come 1pm it clouded over and rained. Back in Bristol 6pm was probably same temp but bright sunshine 

We were promised 30 degrees 😎

We went to Bluewater today ( A massive shopping Mall near to Dartford) Saturday, early August, the place was pretty much deserted. We had a few deals, a lot (most) of places offering 50% off, and a lot of the shops had a handful of customers. Never seen it so quiet, even mid week when the kids are at school. Sunglass hut are offering 50% off the 2020 line of Ray Bans, plus if you buy 2 pairs you then get an extra 30% off on top of that!.

It was still hot, over 30 most of the day.

Just curious about what constitutes miserable hot weather in the UK. Is it the humidity or temps/or both. Here on the eastern shore of the US 40 to 42c is no problem when the humidity is low. But it can get to be unbearable and unsafe when the humidity kicks in. 

Edited by Steelers4Life
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Steelers4Life said:

Just curious about what constitutes miserable hot weather in the UK. Is it the humidity or temps/or both. Here on the eastern shore of the US 40 to 42c is no problem when the humidity is low. But it can get to be unbearable and unsafe when the humidity kicks in. 

I think the biggest problem for most people in the UK is that they're just not used to it.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Steelers4Life said:

hardly anyone here has any air conditioning.. not required 95% of the time .. I love the heat during the daytime . But it's a bugger trying to sleep when it's this warm , my pillow was soaked with sweat when I woke up this morning, I had a fan going all night 

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

I think the biggest problem for most people in the UK is that they're just not used to it.

Very few people in the UK have air conditioning so night time can be very uncomfortable when you can't get away from the heat.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stillearly said:

hardly anyone here has any air conditioning.. not required 95% of the time .. I love the heat during the daytime . But it's a bugger trying to sleep when it's this warm , my pillow was soaked with sweat when I woke up this morning, I had a fan going all night 

Just now, bexwell said:

Very few people in the UK have air conditioning so night time can be very uncomfortable when you can't get away from the heat.

Snap 555

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

Ditto from me too, I love the heat but need a fan running all night and still wake up in a pool of sweat.

39 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Love the heat but it's been really humid lately. 

As said before, lack of air conditioning don't help. 

Gal,

I will swap you,

no AC, well mate you only get a few very hot days in UK.

it is down to 7c and pissing down rain here where iam in OZ

regards

grayray

• Surprised 1