Some unsettling news regarding Tourism (X Post)

Butch

7 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

How that ? If the retired dude stayed in Thailand where is the problem ?

Same for married guys. Now if they ran away from LOS at the first noise of Covid....well....

Same here, many expats chooce to go home and now complain they can't get back.... Their choice.

I stayed, it never even came to my mind to run, that would have been like a slap in the face of my companion and total disrespect.  

We are together, we go through it together. In a relax way.

I'm on a retirement visa, I came back mid Feb as the pandemic in UK was starting to affect my 93-year old mum, who couldn't get out. She passed away mid April.

Would I have come back to UK if my mum had been in good shape? No.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, roomark said:

Cheers Doctor Gump

Well they don't keep drilling into people's head how bad the 2nd wave of the Spanish flu 100 years ago was for no reason....

People seem to forget that that there are a few "people" (If they even deserve to be called this) at the very top who are benefiting from this whole shit show...

5 hours ago, Washedup said:

This winter in the the uk is going to be a bastard.

I'm dreading it too.

The young 'uns don't give a damn and won't take precautions, and then there's the huge chunks of UK society who think the rules (any rules) don't apply to them.

Word is the virus loves cold weather, so when temperatures drop, schools are compulsory again and the furlough is over we could be in the deep stuff and the last few months was just a rehearsal of what is to come.

Dangerous days ahead.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Knuckles said:

I'm dreading it too.

The young 'uns don't give a damn and won't take precautions, and then there's the huge chunks of UK society who think the rules (any rules) don't apply to them.

Word is the virus loves cold weather, so when temperatures drop, schools are compulsory again and the furlough is over we could be in the deep stuff and the last few months was just a rehearsal of what is to come.

Dangerous days ahead.

More scare mongering ? 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Knuckles said:

I'm dreading it too.

Dangerous days ahead.

at the beach yesterday...west coast US...no masks no worries...

20200815-IMG_3622.jpg

2 hours ago, lazarus said:

at the beach yesterday...west coast US...no masks no worries...

20200815-IMG_3622.jpg

Looks like a tatooed lady convention.

Whatever possessed that girl to cover her leg with such crappy looking tats?

Edited by Jambo
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Jambo said:

Looks like a tatooed lady convention.

Whatever possessed that girl to cover her leg with such crappy looking tats?

lol probably the same idiots that manage to entirely paint their arms in green and black sleeves totally forgetting the A4 sheet that looked good on paper is not remotely what any 3rd party actually sees

Edited by RR007
  • Like 2

Capture.JPG

Hmmm...wonder where he got it?

. . .

Malaysian visitor found infected after he returned home (from Thailand)

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1969727/malaysian-visitor-found-infected-after-he-returned-home

Health officials are investigating the case of a Malaysian visitor to Bangkok who tested positive for Covid-19 after he returned to his homeland.

Dr Tanarak Plipat, deputy director-general of the Disease Control Department, said on Monday that Malaysian authorities identified the patient as a man aged 46. He arrived back in Malaysia on Aug 5.

The man was asymptomatic and the infection was not detected by his first test. A second test on Saturday proved positive.

Dr Tanarak said the man had spent most of his time at his condominium...

Edited by lazarus

On 8/16/2020 at 1:33 PM, Steelers4Life said:

February 2021?? pom gloom jai maak maak 😞

I've had a quick scout round some of the Thai-based media (not exhaustive by any means) and I haven't spotted this "no tourism until Feb 2021" publicised anywhere.

Has anyone found it?

If not, I just wonder if this is pure scaremongering by "someone". When I played the video, at the time I did wonder how any country, with the current facts available, could say that they're "closed" to tourism for 6 months. That's a helluva long time, apart from the fact it wipes out all of Thailand's high season.

If it's fact, in my opinion, the Thai government are bonkers to make such a statement.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Britboy said:

I've had a quick scout round some of the Thai-based media (not exhaustive by any means) and I haven't spotted this "no tourism until Feb 2021" publicised anywhere.

Has anyone found it?

No, because it isn't based on an official announcement or government policy, just the opinion of a British vlogger with a YouTube channel. He tries to project an air of authority by including TAT logos and slogans in the background, but it's just a gimmick to impress viewers. 

That guy's opinion and $1.85 will get me a cup of coffee at Starbucks. He has no more insight into the future than any of the dozens of other farang vloggers in Thailand.

Evil

• Great Info 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

30 minutes ago, Evil Penevil said:

No, because it isn't based on an official announcement or government policy, just the opinion of a British vlogger with a YouTube channel. He tries to project an air of authority by including TAT logos and slogans in the background, but it's just a gimmick to impress viewers. 

That guy's opinion and $1.85 will get me a cup of coffee at Starbucks. He has no more insight into the future than any of the dozens of other farang vloggers in Thailand.

Evil

Good, that's what I thought.

Honestly, I can't stand vloggers who love the sound of their own voice and are so verbose it actually does make me angry. Sure, they're not professional presenters, but f**k me the times I really do shout at my laptop "for fucks sake, get on with it" or "for fucks sake spit it out".

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Britboy said:

Has anyone found it?

If not, I just wonder if this is pure scaremongering by "someone". When I played the video, at the time I did wonder how any country, with the current facts available, could say that they're "closed" to tourism for 6 months. That's a helluva long time, apart from the fact it wipes out all of Thailand's high season.

If it's fact, in my opinion, the Thai government are bonkers to make such a statement.

That's good that you cannot find another source confirming his claims. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Steelers4Life said:

That's good that you cannot find another source confirming his claims. 

Like I said though, it wasn't exhaustive.

But if Bangkok Post, The Nation, Pattaya One and Pattaya Mail aren't featuring it, then I call bullshit.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Britboy said:

Like I said though, it wasn't exhaustive.

But if Bangkok Post, The Nation, Pattaya One and Pattaya Mail aren't featuring it, then I call bullshit.

And talking of bullshit, just had a look at the World Coronavirus "worldometer" (https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/).

Scary stuff in some cases, bullshit in others.

India had 880 deaths today, making a total of 51,255. Just as scary is 54,288 new cases today. But looking at deaths per capita, it's only 38, compared to UK's 609.

I believe the bullshit element is China. Zero new deaths today, 22 new cases and a total death count of only 4,634.

I wonder if Thailand will believe those Chinese figures and start letting them in first as tourists based on that?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Evil Penevil said:

Evil

Why would a flu related pandemic end at the height of the flu season?......Answer.......It wont......

Evil....Critical thinking has no need for Official government policy.....

Edited by fforest

33 minutes ago, fforest said:

Why would a flu related pandemic end at the height of the flu season?......Answer.......It wont......

This thing is here to stay. Same as the flu and plenty other things.

So, or we shrug it off and live with it or we continue this masquerade and destruction of social life forever. .

Vaccin or not ... 

In a few year, this will just be another thing in history books, and on Wiki.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, fforest said:

It does when the aim of the thinking is to be critical of official government policy. If the thinking isn't grounded in reality, it's not critical but merely speculative.

In any case, I couldn't see any critical thinking at all in that video.  He just offered his opinion.

Evil

• Thanks 1

On 8/16/2020 at 4:10 PM, Thai Spice said:

Agreed, there are a few of those cases around. But if they considered Thailand "home" they should have returned as soon things started to go south ? But then again, who could have predicted that human madness would have gone to the point we are now ?

a lot of expats here work abroad offshore.

7 hours ago, Britboy said:

Although that was just an individual sounding off realistically would anybody be surprised if it turned out to be true?

It will be September soon and there does not look like there will be any likelyhood at all of general tourism returning this year now does there?

As for high season - what high season?

It is all too easy to forget that prior to Covid19 the last couple of years or so as far as Pattaya is concerned high season was barely a couple of weeks either side of the New Year. The strength of the baht and economic uncertainty in the "western world"  was largely responsible and that has not changed at all.

• Like 4