What Would A Book About Your Life Be Entitled?

Steelers4Life

“I don’t know where this ride will end, but I know where to begin.”

(Read the chapters in any order)

I started this thread as I wanted to see what others would come up with. BTW, I am in the middle of a book. It's a collection of various experiences broken up into chapters. Been working on it for years. Flowers over at Addicts was writing a book and started a thread about it. He echoed what I have always thought. Several publishers in Thailand have put out some pretty average material- so hey why not? The only way for me to find out if I am writing garbage or something that would be of interest is to submit my collection of chapters to these publishers. 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Steelers4Life said:

I started this thread as I wanted to see what others would come up with. BTW, I am in the middle of a book. It's a collection of various experiences broken up into chapters. Been working on it for years. Flowers over at Addicts was writing a book and started a thread about it. He echoed what I have always thought. Several publishers in Thailand have put out some pretty average material- so hey why not? The only way for me to find out if I am writing garbage or something that would be of interest is to submit my collection of chapters to these publishers. 

Good for you Steelers . . . 

When I get back to Thailand that's exactly what I'm going to do. Been thinking about it and planning it in my head for a 2-3 years now.

Not about me - it'll be a crime fiction book, not set in Thailand. I watch a lot of the crime reality programmes and crime movies. I have some good ideas and I'm excited to get stuck into it. Just need all my affairs to be sorted out here, then relax time in Thailand with the time to do it. Can't wait.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Steelers4Life said:

“I don’t know where this ride will end, but I know where to begin.”

(Read the chapters in any order)

There are to many things in my life I still have to keep quiet about .... I could never write a book ...

Even though I put pen to paper many years ago and wrote about my experience with a Thai gal here in BKK ... just to reason out my feelings after she started smoking shit ... and we split up ... I keep private .. to myself ,,

LOL ,,, the things we went through .. we were both f**king wild ... but, after I look back on it .. I wouldn't change a thing ... learn and grow ....

But,  I know she has a good heart .... she has a huge monkey on her back .. until she "owns up" there is nothing I can do to help her ... not sure if I would now ...

So, when is this book going to be ready to read ?  I would like a copy ...

Edited by code_slayer_bkk
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/10/2020 at 12:50 PM, Steelers4Life said:

Think about your life thus far. If you wrote a book to encompass all your life's experiences, what would it be called? Would you use a song title, lyric, OR come up with something really original on your own?

Disclaimer: My title is a toss up between some ideas. 🙂

Getting back to your original question . . . 

I think mine would be "Crossroad Dilemmas".

In our lives we all face various decisions. Most are small and in relative terms insignificant. But we all have one, or some, major ones. I've had my fair share throughout my life - I'd say I've had 5 major, life-changing crossroads, all with 2 options.

If we get a choice when we pass on, I would love to relive those 5 crossroads, make the alternative choice and see what the outcome would have been. Bearing in mind I suppose that if I made the alternate choice with crossroads 1, then crossroads 2-5 probably wouldn't have happened. But you get my drift. Would love to know.

• Thumbs Up 2

32 minutes ago, Britboy said:

If we get a choice when we pass on, I would love to relive those 5 crossroads, make the alternative choice and see what the outcome would have been. Bearing in mind I suppose that if I made the alternate choice with crossroads 1, then crossroads 2-5 probably wouldn't have happened. But you get my drift. Would love to know.

Do we really make these conscientious decisions at the crossroads we face ? 

For me, no ... it has all been intuitive .... lol .. good or bad .. I am still standing strong with a smile on my face ...

Just think as yourself as lucky .. ending up where you are in your current situation ... close the door on the past .. keep a couple valuable memories .. but, just get on with each day .. and give each day hell .....

A profound question you ask .. but, no ....  I don't care to know because it will not change anything

• Thumbs Up 2

28 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Do we really make these conscientious decisions at the crossroads we face ? 

For me, no ... it has all been intuitive .... lol .. good or bad .. I am still standing strong with a smile on my face ...

Just think as yourself as lucky .. ending up where you are in your current situation ... close the door on the past .. keep a couple valuable memories .. but, just get on with each day .. and give each day hell .....

A profound question you ask .. but, no ....  I don't care to know because it will not change anything

Absolutely I made conscientious decisions when it came to life changing choices.

The majority of mine have been career decisions. I'll give one example. I'm a Brit and in the mid-80's I was headhunted by a US company to move and work there. I took that job. No regrets. My wife and I had an 18-month old daughter. We then had a son, who was born in the US. After about two years I'd gone through all the rigmarole, with the company's help, of being approved for a green card. I'd received the letter of approval for all the family (except my son, who was joint US/UK anyway). I was then head-hunted for a managing directors job with a big company in London. I was only 32, so to get such a top job offer was awesome. They flew me to London first class for a weekend to go through all the formalities and the official job offer.

So a massive dilemma. If I took the job I'd lose the green card. If I didn't take it I'd be turning down a massive opportunity.

I decided to take the job.

I'd love to know what would have happened if I'd stayed in the US. A whole different career. Plus my daughter, to this day, gives me stick that I didn't stay so she'd have a green card. Sibling rivalry cos my son was dual national anyway, so he can live and work in either place.

I absolutely get and agree with what you say as to counting my blessings and I have no regrets. I've had a great life, both my kids are happy and successful. So it's not a case of regretting the decision I made at that crossroads, I'd just love to know what would have happened if I'd turned the job down.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

25 minutes ago, Britboy said:

Absolutely I made conscientious decisions when it came to life changing choices.

I absolutely get and agree with what you say as to counting my blessings and I have no regrets. I've had a great life, both my kids are happy and successful. So it's not a case of regretting the decision I made at that crossroads, I'd just love to know what would have happened if I'd turned the job down.

I think career decisions are pretty clear cut ... I started at IBM as a programmer in Brussels ( and I am a Brooklyn boy ) and ended up as the Managing Director ( MQ Series) IBM Asia Pacific ... to many countries I have worked and lived in to even mention ...

This was after some serious shit I got myself into .... f**king serious .. young dumb but also pretty street smart ...

It is the nebulous decisions that you are confronted with ... that is all I am saying

Makes me happy .. seriously .. with your happiness ..

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1