Condo purchase / realtor

Sea-Hawks

So, in past condo purchases, I had my own real estate agent find me a condo. 

This time, I found my own place. 

Should I just use the seller’s agent to handle all the paperwork for both “buyer & seller”?  I believe the seller usually pays the realtor commissions?

Or, should I get my own realtor to handle the paperwork on my behalf or get someone like Magna Carta Lawyers to review all my paperwork?

...btw, should I be asking in anyway for 1/2 the seller agent’s commissions to be kicked back to me???

Without doubt, talk to Tony at MagnaCarta; . their job is to protect your interests. The realtor works for the seller - his job is to get the seller the best possible deal.

If the realtor offers to "process" the paperwork for you, I would be highly dubious of his intent. If he offers you a portion of his Commission . . . . ask yourself " Why is he so desperate that he needs to bribe me to buy this property ? ".

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, 1canbrian said:

just my 2p, the sellers agent is acting for the best interest for the seller, not you

It's not uncommon here for the same lawyer to act for both parties, I've seen it several times. Maybe they give a discount if you do it that way, lol.

25 minutes ago, Toy Boy said:

It's not uncommon here for the same lawyer to act for both parties, I've seen it several times. Maybe they give a discount if you do it that way, lol.

Thats standard practice where I'm from. 

The lawyer/notary ensures both parties stick to their end of the agreement, all paperwork is in order and distributes the sums. 

17 hours ago, Esco said:

Thats standard practice where I'm from. 

The lawyer/notary ensures both parties stick to their end of the agreement, all paperwork is in order and distributes the sums. 

In the US, that's called escrow, which is independent of either party and legally neutral.

• 1 month later...
On 8/11/2020 at 4:48 PM, tommy dee said:

magna carta for sure, a sdmall fee and they will give you a guaranteed report on the staus of the deed etc,  ( ie no mortgage no loan)  and prove it, to show that its all legit.  they will make sure all papers are in order AND UP TO DATE

well worth the few quid to know what you are buying is yours

t

...went with Magna Carta and Tony!

thxs Guys!

• Thumbs Up 2

On 8/11/2020 at 6:56 PM, Proffesor said:

Without doubt, talk to Tony at MagnaCarta; . their job is to protect your interests. The realtor works for the seller - his job is to get the seller the best possible deal.

If the realtor offers to "process" the paperwork for you, I would be highly dubious of his intent. If he offers you a portion of his Commission . . . . ask yourself " Why is he so desperate that he needs to bribe me to buy this property ? ".

Happy Anniversary Professor!

Hope you have a great day tomorrow!