Do the expats like it better in Pattaya at the moment?

monkey_omelette

2 minutes ago, Britboy said:

Probably impossible but be good to take a few days off and go somewhere for a few days and chill out. Maybe go to the "source", like Kohn Kaen, Buriram, Nakhon Nowhere, etc. and catch one before she may even think of heading to Pattaya.

Plenty of TGs up in the temporary wife's village in Sida/Bua Yai who have never stepped foot in a red light district enthusiastic to meet a farang. I personally would look for an orphan with no kids who has her own home. 555 Good pickins upcountry if you are lucky.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, misteregg said:

She was a nice lady BB.
Don’t really have the time to take off. Not had a day off this week, just too quiet to leave the bar.
Have done the Issan thing before and found that it’s hopeless there. No eye contact with girls. They don’t want to know “farang” They will get labeled as hookers.
To be honest, feeling down this week, I might feel better soon.
See you soon.

Thanks - yes, she's deffo a keeper and looking forward to hooking up with her when I get back.

In the meantime, keep that chin up Phil and look on the bright side. You have a great bar, a lovely set of ladies and it's only a matter of time before us reprobates stuck in UK, USA, Europe, etc. will be back drinking your beer and in my case red wine too.

Add to that West Brom v Leicester on Sept 12th to start off your Premier League campaign.

On Isaan, I'd give it another go. Just seen Steelers reply, he's quite right, there is definitely opportunity there. When I do return I'll be going up to see Mark in Buriram, he's got a few lined up for me already . . . 😁

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 8/20/2020 at 11:51 PM, misteregg said:

I’m not really enjoying life at the moment, nothing to do with the virus, although it doesn’t help.
Wish I could look after my kids on my own without having to deal with their Mum.
Don’t really enjoy being single, but not really connecting with any potential partner at the moment.
Need some luck.

Bro ... just take your time and "let" it come to you ... no need to rush into anything ... it is better to be alone than be in a f***d up relationship ( I think ) .. I know you know what I am saying!

It will happen for you ..... for sure!

That has always been my attitude ... just let it come to you ... because I know deep down inside of me I am a good guy ... a person just has to take their time and get through all of the complicated layers I use as a defense to protect my heart ....

Before Beach gal .. I just f***d them and left them .. because I didn't want to waste to much time on a gal .. regardless of her attributes ...

• Thumbs Up 2

On 8/21/2020 at 8:53 PM, Britboy said:

Thanks - yes, she's deffo a keeper and looking forward to hooking up with her when I get back.

In the meantime, keep that chin up Phil and look on the bright side. You have a great bar, a lovely set of ladies and it's only a matter of time before us reprobates stuck in UK, USA, Europe, etc. will be back drinking your beer and in my case red wine too.

Add to that West Brom v Leicester on Sept 12th to start off your Premier League campaign.

On Isaan, I'd give it another go. Just seen Steelers reply, he's quite right, there is definitely opportunity there. When I do return I'll be going up to see Mark in Buriram, he's got a few lined up for me already . . . 😁

I also think you should check out the women in the South of Thailand .... you will be happily surprised ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Bro ... just take your time and "let" it come to you ... no need to rush into anything ... it is better to be alone than be in a f***d up relationship ( I think ) .. I know you know what I am saying!

That has always been my attitude ... just let it come to you ... because I know deep down inside of me I am a good guy ... a person just has to take their time and get through all of the complicated layers I use as a defense to protect my heart ....

Before Beach gal .. I just f***d them and left them .. because I didn't want to waste to much time on a gal .. regardless of her attributes ...

Agreed, no need to "hunt" . 

Never did it, there comes always one now and then (every xx years) that, for an unknown reason, you click a bit better with.

And then it takes a few more years to confirm this feeling.

Bodies are available around everywhere, anytime. A heart / mind that you can bear, and (more difficult) who can bear you, is something rare.

But maybe, I am too picky or simply a real pain in the arse ... (ask the Miss, she'll confirm I am even worse).

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, misteregg said:

I agree that hunting is not the way, so I don’t hunt. I don’t do the online thing and don’t go out.
I’m starting to sound really stupid these days.
Anyway, bar was good last few days, just knackered. 14 hour day yesterday.

Never mind Bro !

It will happen ..

1 minute ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

I have only been to Isaan 1 time in all of the years I have lived here ... so,  I have never met an regular non-P4P Isaan gal ... maybe they are ok ....

But, the Southen Thai gals are something else ....

So where's the best place to go find them Code? Isn't it dangerous "down south"?

17 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

I have only been to Isaan 1 time in all of the years I have lived here ... so,  I have never met an regular non-P4P Isaan gal ... maybe they are ok ....

But, the Southen Thai gals are something else ....

Sorry - just listen to the first 10 seconds as the rest is equally appalling.

Edited by Jambo
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Britboy said:

So where's the best place to go find them Code? Isn't it dangerous "down south"?

No .. not dangerous in the South .... not anymore than in BKK ... a couple of years ago there were some bombings in and around Pattani, Yala and Narathawit .... 

Where to find .. jeez .. everywhere ... Hat Yai, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Railay, Phi Phi, Krabi, Pak Bara .. the list is pretty endless ...

Plus, the sea and beaches on the Adaman sea side of Thailand in incredible ....

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

No .. not dangerous in the South .... not anymore than in BKK ... a couple of years ago there were some bombings in and around Pattani, Yala and Narathawit .... 

Where to find .. jeez .. everywhere ... Hat Yai, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Railay, Phi Phi, Krabi, Pak Bara .. the list is pretty endless ...

Plus, the sea and beaches on the Adaman sea side of Thailand in incredible ....

Ok, thanks.

I hadn't considered Phi Phi and Krabi as down south, was thinking more of the mainland. Not been to either, but the restaurant waitress (now working in a Pharmacy) is going to come with me for a few days in Krabi when I get back.

Furthest south I've been is Hua Hin . . . 

On 8/23/2020 at 2:15 PM, Britboy said:

Ok, thanks.

I hadn't considered Phi Phi and Krabi as down south, was thinking more of the mainland. Not been to either, but the restaurant waitress (now working in a Pharmacy) is going to come with me for a few days in Krabi when I get back.

Furthest south I've been is Hua Hin . . . 

If you drive from Hua Hin to Pak Bara ( I live close to Pak Bara in the South ) it is between a 9 and 11 hour drive ... maybe a little more or a little less .. depends on traffic and Pak Bara is about 4 1/2 to 5  hours further south from Phi Phi

There are so many women down there it makes me shake my head at times ... mixed with a bunch of Thai Muslims .. seems they all ( not all ) speak pretty good English down that way ... I am not sure why ... but, maybe because they are so close to Malaysia .... 

The South Thai women are different from the northern and north eastern Thai women .. pretty big differences ...

But, for sure, the beaches and the sea that far South on the Andaman Sea are just incredible

index.jpg

boat.jpg

Edited by code_slayer_bkk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

Thailand is quite a big country with a population made up of different ethnic and cultural groups, there is going to be quite a lot of differences between someone from Nong Khai, and someone from Narathiwat.

There is quite a big difference with folk from Bangkok and Kanchanaburi but some here seem to think the whole of Thailand that interacts with foreigners come from a place called Isaan. Any other possibility does not sit well with their need for negativity in their lives.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

There is quite a big difference with folk from Bangkok and Kanchanaburi but some here seem to think the whole of Thailand that interacts with foreigners come from a place called Isaan. Any other possibility does not sit well with their need for negativity in their lives.

Yes, pattaya is unique in that so many of the Thais there are from isaan, thus a lot of pattaya visitors get the impression that group is representative of Thai people. Even within isaan you have the isaan people that are more closer to Khmer, or Lao, than Thai. I was in a Bangkok restaurant with a bird from the city, when the waitress came over her attitude changed and she started getting shitty. I asked her what the problem was, she said that she couldnt understand the girl as she is from isaan and she doesn't like isaan people. It's a big country with a lot of different peoples and cultures. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, dcfc2007 said:

Yes, pattaya is unique in that so many of the Thais there are from isaan, thus a lot of pattaya visitors get the impression that group is representative of Thai people. Even within isaan you have the isaan people that are more closer to Khmer, or Lao, than Thai. I was in a Bangkok restaurant with a bird from the city, when the waitress came over her attitude changed and she started getting shitty. I asked her what the problem was, she said that she couldnt understand the girl as she is from isaan and she doesn't like isaan people. It's a big country with a lot of different peoples and cultures. 

When I lived in Hua Hin many of the girls from the bars came from the south, Bangkok and Kanchanaburi.

Many of the girls in Pattaya back in the 80's etc were transported in from Isaan by agents who had offered loans to their parents. Many of these girls worked in the Thai bars that featured around soi 17 off Theppisit and other smaller Thai bar areas. I used to visit there in the late 80's with my mates. We would go bar to bar with a bottle of Mekhong and just order mixers and ice. The girls would just sit there until you called mamasam to provide company. I only went as my mate spoke Thai as nearly all the customers were Thai.

The need for more girls ensured a steady influx of girls from the poorer parts of Isaan but in later years with the north east seeing more growth and diverse manufacturing the bus loads of girls reduced. 

As much as the Pattaya makeup is still predominantly trickling in from the north east there is now more diversity of demographics.

Hua Hin,  Kanchanaburi, Phuket, Koh Samui derives their flesh trade from a wider spectrum.

Disclaimer.....just an opinion from my experience over the years.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Yes, I have noticed that bad attitude many times ...

It sure goes against anything I believe in ....

6 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Hua Hin,  Kanchanaburi, Phuket, Koh Samui derives their flesh trade from a wider spectrum.

I get to Kanchanaburi 4 times a year .... my best friend in life lives there directly on the river ... he is from Corsica and I have known him about 30 years .... I really like Kancnahaburi ( except all of the cemeteries - - makes me sad ) ...

Some great fishing ... and a lot of girly action there .. not in your face like Patts ... more discrete ( I think )

• Like 1

On 8/23/2020 at 4:57 AM, code_slayer_bkk said:

Very true.

I have a friend who is very insecure on his own. Problem, he projects this when trying to engage with ladies both in Thailand and UK.

44 minutes ago, john1000 said:

Very true.

I have a friend who is very insecure on his own. Problem, he projects this when trying to engage with ladies both in Thailand and UK.

One thing I have always found difficult to understand is why anybody who could not maintain any long term relationship in their home country expects that is going to change after coming to Thailand. The answer is always blame the Thai lady and not personal shortcomings added to by the cultural and language differences which make any realtionship that more challenging.

Fortunately there are multiple opportunities available for short term relationships.

Edited by Jambo
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Jambo said:

One thing I have always found difficult to understand is why anybody who could not maintain any long term relationship in their home country expects that is going to change after coming to Thailand. The answer is always blame the Thai lady and not the cultural and language differences which make any realtionship that more challenging.

Fortunately there are multiple opportunities available for short term relationships.

Nothing really changes regardless where you are in the world ..  unless you change yourself ...

Edited by code_slayer_bkk
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Jambo said:

One thing I have always found difficult to understand is why anybody who could not maintain any long term relationship in their home country expects that is going to change after coming to Thailand. The answer is always blame the Thai lady and not personal shortcomings added to by the cultural and language differences which make any realtionship that more challenging.

I guess some just give up with UK women after one or more break up. Western women IMO can be really hard work.

The prospect of a younger and perceived agreeable woman, albeit often driven by demonstrating ability to take care ( money) is preferential.

^^^^^  A younger gal can be a lot of hard work also .... I always get rid of women that I perceive as being hard work .... being with another person should not be work at all ... it should just flow easy 95% of the time .. no harsh words, no temper tantrums, no cold shoulders, no bending over backwards to make another person happy, endless requests, etc.  

At least that is my view which I live by ....

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1