Mt.Lassen/Lake Almanor, One Last "KISS", few Guitar pics...

Yessongs

My brother is in the Dept of Corrections and was assigned to the Susanville prison several years ago. When I drove up to visit, I drove through that area on Highway 32 from the Chico area up toward Lassen and through Chester into Susanville. Just a gorgeous part of the state.

Those alpine lakes would be much too tempting to pass up without dropping a line in search of a few frying pan sized trout. Another lake not far from there and has a reputation for it's trophy fishing, though not as scenic as Almanor, is Eagle Lake, just north of Susanville.

Your wife looked like she was having to time of her life.

Was never a fan of KISS, but I bet they put on a great live show.

Appreciate the pics, thanks for posting.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Steelers4Life said:

I was expecting you to appear in the vid like Hetfield and provide the vocals. 🙂 

Yeah Hetfield can still sing some amazing vocals still after all of these years, I wish I had his money too LOL! 

23 hours ago, lazarus said:

Great pics. Beautiful swan. 😉

Thanks Matt.....every camera guys dream being out of the city like this in the Sierra Nevada's. 

21 hours ago, galenkia said:

Great scenery shots Mike, just stunning, and we even got treated to some bikini shots. 😀

Love Kiss myself,been a fan 40 years and seen them twice live. 

Destroyer is my favourite album. 

Alan, Kiss brought it one last time, you should have seen some of the women there at the show...seriously. 

19 hours ago, Skalliwag said:

Wow,that’s the best thing I’ve read all week.

awesome.Love the Les Paul.....droooool.

Yeah, The Gibson is nice and a good collection piece for sure. 

19 hours ago, Mr. Smooth said:

My brother is in the Dept of Corrections and was assigned to the Susanville prison several years ago. When I drove up to visit, I drove through that area on Highway 32 from the Chico area up toward Lassen and through Chester into Susanville. Just a gorgeous part of the state.

Those alpine lakes would be much too tempting to pass up without dropping a line in search of a few frying pan sized trout. Another lake not far from there and has a reputation for it's trophy fishing, though not as scenic as Almanor, is Eagle Lake, just north of Susanville.

Your wife looked like she was having to time of her life.

Was never a fan of KISS, but I bet they put on a great live show.

Appreciate the pics, thanks for posting.

For sure, that area is nice up there and sorry I waited so long to get up there. Yep Highway 32 is the way we came and left out of town into Chico....just beautiful.  Yeah those lakes are beautiful for sure and was amazed not one person in the whole week we were there was fishing! I wondered why?  @boydeste He would have had a field day there with no competition.

Yeah Rachanee is just ecstatic at being in the mountains here ( Sierra Nevada's) she just loves it and the lake was a great time too. 

Hey need to tell you, it's official, my Son bought a home in Elk Grove and is moving up there the 2nd week of October. Got a place up off Laguna Blvd, saw it on the way home and he will be the 2nd owner, 15 year old home and I am really happy for him.  The GF landed a job there at Sutter General Hospital. If you see him up at "Centerfolds" let me know.....I know you have a few regulars there LOL! 

18 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Great set of pics, you and the wife are staying very fit

Thanks buddy, yeah I am not getting any younger that's for sure. Rachanee is closer to 50 then 40, and she too takes her health very seriously, works out 6 days a week. 

• Like 1

Elk Grove is a very desirable area. I heard a few years back that it was the fastest growing school district in the state and number #3 in the country. Must be the nice salaries teachers make from all the property taxes being paid by those $400 thousand dollar and up home owners!

He'll be about a 30 minute drive from my area, I'm up toward Roseville. Lots of nice places in Elk Grove to go for a drink and meal, at least once the closures are done with. Who knows when that will be?

I'm sure they will love living here as Bay Area transplants. A ton of people from there have relocated here over the last 25 years for the cheaper housing and less traffic, although that has gotten bad as the population has increased. I work a swing shift, 3-11:30 pm, so it's seldom been a problem for me.

Tell him congrats from me and welcome to the Valley. He'll need to get used to the heat though. Could get up to 109 this weekend. I ain't leaving the house!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Mr. Smooth said:

Elk Grove is a very desirable area. I heard a few years back that it was the fastest growing school district in the state and number #3 in the country. Must be the nice salaries teachers make from all the property taxes being paid by those $400 thousand dollar and up home owners!

He'll be about a 30 minute drive from my area, I'm up toward Roseville. Lots of nice places in Elk Grove to go for a drink and meal, at least once the closures are done with. Who knows when that will be?

I'm sure they will love living here as Bay Area transplants. A ton of people from there have relocated here over the last 25 years for the cheaper housing and less traffic, although that has gotten bad as the population has increased. I work a swing shift, 3-11:30 pm, so it's seldom been a problem for me.

Tell him congrats from me and welcome to the Valley. He'll need to get used to the heat though. Could get up to 109 this weekend. I ain't leaving the house!

Just like you said, Elk Grove is alot nice then I thought once I got farther into the city and just just stopping off for gas off Hwy 5. Oh yeah it is alot warmer up there in the summer for sure. Appreciate your inputs. Now I am in a "pickle" as to what to do with my home here in San Jose. I got lucky in that he stayed here after college to save up for a down payment and kept an eye on my place here while in Thailand. I don't want to sell it, or rent it out as I like having a home here in USA. 

16 hours ago, Shaksey said:

Awesome, awesome, awesome!!!

Thanks alot...

16 hours ago, KhunDon said:

As always @Yessongs a great story and fantastic pictures. 
Thanks to you both. 🤗

Appreciate that Don, trying all things possible to stay sane with all the crap going on in the world you know. So nice for a full week to get away from it all. Hope you and your family are safe and well. I got to make it "across the pond"  one time before it's too late. Would really like to meet some of you all. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, CalEden said:

Buy a home in Tahoe.

For sure...

21 hours ago, lazarus said:

Only if you like shoveling snow in the (big) winter(s)...5555.

Of course, Mike's wife will do it as a fun "workout."

Wifey is pretty adaptable, she's likes everything, that helps alot. 

IMG_9791.jpg

IMG_9823.jpg

IMG_9974.jpg

• Like 2

22 hours ago, CalEden said:

Buy a home in Tahoe.

I just sold one 15 days ago in Homewood and never again!!

The bureaucracy is unbearable - It takes years to cut down a tree!

Plus when times are normal, the traffic is unbearable. 4th of July weekend it's impossible to go anywhere as hiwy 89 is stop and go the entire perimeter of the lake. 

• Like 1

On 8/15/2020 at 8:49 AM, Mrmango said:

I just sold one 15 days ago in Homewood and never again!!

The bureaucracy is unbearable - It takes years to cut down a tree!

Plus when times are normal, the traffic is unbearable. 4th of July weekend it's impossible to go anywhere as hiwy 89 is stop and go the entire perimeter of the lake. 

Sounds like the Bay Area/Southern California commute traffic. How about Donnor Lake up the road? I did see on the news that since the virus the San Francisco Bay area people are buying up all the property in Tahoe. Maybe it's time to leave the Cali Bureaucracy Stalog. I'm loving the Pacific Northwest and would never go back.

6 hours ago, CalEden said:

Sounds like the Bay Area/Southern California commute traffic. How about Donnor Lake up the road? I did see on the news that since the virus the San Francisco Bay area people are buying up all the property in Tahoe. Maybe it's time to leave the Cali Bureaucracy Stalog. I'm loving the Pacific Northwest and would never go back.

Actually Tahoe traffic is worse than the bay area, as it is stop and go (mostly stop) at all times during the busy season.

I almost bought a house on Donner lake Road (The South side) and the traffic was much better than Tahoe with far less building restrictions but a much smaller lake.

As for the sale time, it was literally sold within a few hours after the listing with several offers above the listing price. 

@CalEden @Mrmango

Well, can say no traffic in the Lake Almanor area for sure.....some nice places over there, lot less people then Tahoe year around. No skiing or snowboarding, but snowmobiling seems to be the locals favorite. 

9 hours ago, roomark said:

Very nice pictures ..

Enjoying life that's what it's all about you're lucky in these times.

Both looking fit too , good too see 🍻👍

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-search/Lake-Almanor_CA

@roomark   I asked Rachanee if she would f**k me on the boat and we could videotape it, kind of like Tommy Lee and Pamela Anderson a few years back? She didn't think that was a good idea!  She's no fun, I am going to get rid of her LOL! 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Yessongs said:

@CalEden 

@roomark   I asked Rachanee if she would f**k me on the boat and we could videotape it, kind of like Tommy Lee and Pamela Anderson a few years back? She didn't think that was a good idea!  She's no fun, I am going to get rid of her LOL! 

I thought you said Tommy DEE for a minute 😱🙈🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1