Street Photographs From Pattaya Area

john luke

3 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Shame they don't make the breakwater accessible to walkers. Wonder why they don't.

I think it was to do with all the holes in the breakwater.......when it was completed,

that time of day there used to be quite a few Thai's up there fishing off it

hence they used to make temporary ladders to get up but as you can see no one

seems to both any more.....

• Thumbs Up 1

54 minutes ago, Blue Streak said:

I think it was to do with all the holes in the breakwater.......when it was completed,

that time of day there used to be quite a few Thai's up there fishing off it

hence they used to make temporary ladders to get up but as you can see no one

seems to both any more.....

I wandered around up there a few times until they pulled the makeshift stair for good a few years ago. Pic below is from Dec 2019.

The top of the breakwater was, and is in a good shape. The holes they tried repairing were along the waterline and didn't effect the structural integrity. Perhaps they closed off the top to walkers and fishermen because they didn't have safety ladders in place for those that might fall into the water.

image.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

@Yesitisdakid, your buddy in the brightly colored shorts commented on another forum the big brother pole in front of Tree Town had gone missing. Looks like it took a short hop to the north from it's previous location. My guess is the previous location left it too exposed to bumps from errant traffic.

Edited to add: Or it could be the new location is closer to a utility pole making it easier to hook up the video feed.

image.jpeg

Edited by forcebwithu
  • Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently from March the 1st all these tours have to go from Bali Hai.......

009.JPG

All these bars were cleared from this end of Soi 6 a few years ago for being illegal, I

wonder who runs them now...lol...

020.JPG

Be interesting to see what happens to this old girl and surrounding area....

022.JPG

025.JPG

And what becomes of this old girl on Pattaya Klang, Queen I believe......

031.JPG

Plenty of traffic late afternoon......

045.JPG

046.JPG

• Like 6
  • Thumbs Up 1

With no parking seaside having gone into effect today, traffic was moving much better on Beach Rd.
P3010002.JPG

I wasn't quick enough to stop and get my camera out, but they're sill holding up traffic to let the Chinese sheep cross the road to their self-loading cargo vessel.
P3010006.JPG

The no parking in front of Tree Town is a confusing. Only one sign and no clear indication of where the no parking ends. Result is a you get more than a few meters away from the lonely sign and it's parking as usual. IMHO, it's not the cars and bikes parked that is causing the congestion problems on Buakhao, it's the many vehicles that randomly stop to let off or take on passengers. Having a clear spot in front of Tree Town won't resolve that as from what I've seen, the cars stop closest to their passengers' destination, even if it happens to be the middle of an intersection.
P3010008.JPG

Edited by forcebwithu
  • Like 2
  • Great Info 2

Setting up for this...20230301_105346.jpg20230301_105026.jpg20230301_105309.jpg

More ruddy pointless decorations to annoy fforest

20230301_105215.jpg

There's even a smaller on crept in by soi 6

20230301_105935.jpg

No parking is working....

20230301_110246.jpg20230301_110556.jpg

2 minutes after she'd stopped she was surrounded by 3 police motorbikes. She left without fine but having had her registration photographed by all 3 officers...

Unlike this one.

20230301_105825.jpg

20230301_110323.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2