Street Photographs From Pattaya Area

john luke

The Dorian Fruit Festival is being held on the frontage of Central Festival today and over the next few days.  In practice is is little more than an open air market selling dorian and other fruits.  I have never tried the fruit.  I am told it tastes great and smells awful.

IMG_0735.jpg

IMG_0736.jpg

IMG_0737.jpg

IMG_0738.jpg

IMG_0739.jpg

IMG_0740.jpg

IMG_0741.jpg

IMG_0742.jpg

IMG_0743.jpg

IMG_0744.jpg

IMG_0745.jpg

IMG_0746.jpg

IMG_0747.jpg

IMG_0748.jpg

IMG_0749.jpg

IMG_0750-Edit.jpg

IMG_0751.jpg

IMG_0752.jpg

IMG_0753.jpg

IMG_0755.jpg

IMG_0756.jpg

IMG_0757.jpg

IMG_0758.jpg

IMG_0759.jpg

IMG_0760.jpg

IMG_0767.jpg

IMG_0763.jpg

IMG_0764.jpg

IMG_0765.jpg

IMG_0766.jpg

IMG_0768.jpg

IMG_0769.jpg

IMG_0770.jpg

IMG_0771.jpg

• Like 1

Easy R-Con, slow going open sewer project. They are certainly taking their sweet time completing this project. On the 14th I snapped a pic of concrete forms going in on the rear half. Yesterday I noticed a cement truck on site, so a little more than a week to get around to the cement pour. Today, not exactly a beehive of activity.

P5230017.jpg

Easy R-Con open sewer, never ending project update. Concrete forms going in, so probably another week before they get around to pouring concrete.

On a side note: Grabbed a bite to eat at Easy R-Con yesterday evening when I heard the pumps kick in. Short time later I was getting good whiffs of the stench from the open sewer. Enough so I had to move to the far side of the bar for fresh air.

P5290001.jpg

Over on 2nd Rd we see typical Thai lack of forethought at work. The trench that was dug to bury the overhead cables was filled in, then cemented over. But now they're back, breaking up the concrete cover to gain access to something they forgot to do.
P5290005.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 5/29/2019 at 12:55 PM, forcebwithu said:

Easy R-Con open sewer, never ending project update. Concrete forms going in, so probably another week before they get around to pouring concrete.

One day short of a week since they had the forms in and the concrete truck shows up.
P6040001.jpg

P6040006.jpg

To my uneducated eye it seems odd they would start the concrete pour at the end of the form rather than in the middle. Not easy to see in the pic below but there's a "hill" in the concrete about a 1/3 of the way down which is preventing the new concrete from flowing to the farthest end. Wonder if any of the workers will notice before they send the truck away.
P6040011.jpg

I'm also wondering what they hope to accomplish with this project, other than lining someone's pocket. It's basically a big box with a storm water drain entering at one end, but no discernable outflow at the other end. If they intend to install a pump, where are they going to pump the water to?
P6040008.jpg

Edited by forcebwithu

Another update for the Easy R-Con open sewer project. I couldn't see it when the forms were in place, but there are outflows from the concrete box. Best guess now is the box is going to serve as a settling area for all the muck that gets washed down from farther upstream. Easier to clean the muck out in one place rather than the length of the storm sewers.

P6090002.jpg

P6090004.jpg

• Great Info 1

8 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Another update for the Easy R-Con open sewer project. I couldn't see it when the forms were in place, but there are outflows from the concrete box. Best guess now is the box is going to serve as a settling area for all the muck that gets washed down from farther upstream. Easier to clean the muck out in one place rather than the length of the storm sewers.

P6090002.jpg

P6090004.jpg

I suppose it makes sense putting whatever it’s meant to be at the end of the Soi.

At least it makes for easier access to the shite carts or sewer flushing machines. 

Not sure they’ve got their levels right, if that sump is meant to eventually be below street level when they’ve finished. Difficult to tell at this stage, but that applies to most construction work in Thailand. 🤔

8 hours ago, KhunDon said:

I suppose it makes sense putting whatever it’s meant to be at the end of the Soi.

At least it makes for easier access to the shite carts or sewer flushing machines. 

Not sure they’ve got their levels right, if that sump is meant to eventually be below street level when they’ve finished. Difficult to tell at this stage, but that applies to most construction work in Thailand. 🤔

A BM on another forum made the same comment about the height of the box. I was at Easy R-Con last night so snapped another pic from the other end. Once they put the cap on the box and bring the road grade up to that level, the new top of the road is going to be higher than the base of the shop on the right. It'll be interesting to see the finished product and its impact on the surrounding businesses after the first heavy rain.

P6090001.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1