Street Photographs From Pattaya Area

john luke

On 10/6/2018 at 9:13 AM, thegrogmonster said:

Hi John luke,

My brother-in-law owned Cheers bar in Soi Pattayaland 2 for 29 years and sold it last December. Just wondering if you are in the area if you could take a photo of what is there now. Not sure if it is even a bar anymore.

If you don't know where it was, in this Soi's heyday it was opposite Palmer's bar and restaurant and in between Cafe New Orleans and Bubbles go-go.

Cheers Groggy.

Hi John Luke,

No biggie but if you are in the area just wondering if you could take a photo of what now is at the location of the old Cheers bar.

Thanks Groggy.

11 minutes ago, thegrogmonster said:

Hi John Luke,

No biggie but if you are in the area just wondering if you could take a photo of what now is at the location of the old Cheers bar.

Thanks Groggy.

Soi Pattayaland 2 (Soi 13/4) also has access points from Beach Road and Pattaya Second Road. Of the three sois, this is the one with the most girlie bars, where you can watch Pattaya bar girls dancing and try to get one of them to be your girlfriend for the night by paying the bar fine. However, it does have a couple of ladyboy bars and gay bars. This street also has numerous beer bars where you can enjoy the evening drinking or scouting around for pretty Thai girls to spend the night with. 

Should be on this one.  This afternoon I am hoping to catch the jet ski competition in Jontien, but will visit there over next couple of days.

7 minutes ago, john luke said:

Soi Pattayaland 2 (Soi 13/4) also has access points from Beach Road and Pattaya Second Road. Of the three sois, this is the one with the most girlie bars, where you can watch Pattaya bar girls dancing and try to get one of them to be your girlfriend for the night by paying the bar fine. However, it does have a couple of ladyboy bars and gay bars. This street also has numerous beer bars where you can enjoy the evening drinking or scouting around for pretty Thai girls to spend the night with. 

Should be on this one.  This afternoon I am hoping to catch the jet ski competition in Jontien, but will visit there over next couple of days.

Thanks that's the one. The bar was straight opposite the small lane that connects Sois Pattayaland 1 & 2.

322541398_Cheersbar.jpg.045eb0ff9ad598400b1699462a1843af.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

20181210-20181210-IMG_1912-Pano.jpg

@thegrogmonster

This is a panoramic of the street; Beach Road is on the right and Second Road on the left.  The premises you were looking for is just left of Taj Place.  There is some lens distortion as I took all shots from same point.  Can you see the Indian Tailor to the right of Taj Place; I approached him and he said that the place you were looking for was no longer there and its owner had left Thailand.  This corresponds to what you have said.

20181210-20181210-IMG_1913.jpg

This is what the place is now.

20181210-20181210-IMG_1915.jpg

Just up the Soi, towards Second Road are these two landmarks. (Above and below)

20181210-20181210-IMG_1914.jpg

Does this correspond to the location you were seeking?

Thanks very much john luke.

The second photo is the building that my brother-in-law owned and had Cheers bar for 29 years. I wonder what it is now with all that Chinese writing?

Yet again I appreciate the effort you went to, to answer my questions.

20181210-20181210-IMG_1907.jpg

To me it looks like cosmetics and shampoos etc.