Wildfires!!!

Kathmandu

That is not good at all.

For at least a month every year the north west of Thailand is covered in a perpetual smoke haze but this is from the deliberate burning of the old crops in the fields. It is really unpleasant but not life threatening I imagine unless you suffer from very severe asthma.

I walked outside my backyard patio Monday night after midnight to watch the lightning strikes and thunder to the west into the Sacramento Valley. The lightning was being blamed and thousands of acres so far have burned up. Latest news reports was nearly 10,000 people evacuated, a couple hundred homes and structures all gone.

Ash is heavy in the air and the sky is a brownish yellow haze hovering over the valley making it tough to breathe. Having to endure many days in a row with over 100 degree temperatures, Tuesday got up to 112 in Sacramento, has made it very challenging.

I wish my fellow Californians on the board to stay safe and out of harm's way. And prayers for the firefighters trying to get control of the flames.

Still a hard road yet to go.

• Like 3
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

We're expecting more dry lightning strikes Sun-Tue. Better hold fast.🙂 Keeping my fingers crossed.

Air quality is bad and lots of ash. 

The state is stretched thin in terms of resources. Just too many incidents to deal with. f**k me!!!!

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, Kathmandu said:

Just before leaving work Monday night, I caught a bit of the local 11 pm news and it is estimated that the fire now in the northern part of the Napa Valley, thanks to the winds, was burning up to 5 acres every minute, having gone from an estimated 10,000 acres Monday morning to over 36,000 by 9 pm.

Calistoga, in the northern Napa Valley was under mandatory evacuation as well as parts of Santa Rosa and Sonoma.

And as of the latest reports I saw at midnight, this fire was still at 0% containment.

This is a rolling inferno. GTFO if you need to.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

15 hours ago, Mr. Smooth said:

Just before leaving work Monday night, I caught a bit of the local 11 pm news and it is estimated that the fire now in the northern part of the Napa Valley, thanks to the winds, was burning up to 5 acres every minute, having gone from an estimated 10,000 acres Monday morning to over 36,000 by 9 pm.

Calistoga, in the northern Napa Valley was under mandatory evacuation as well as parts of Santa Rosa and Sonoma.

And as of the latest reports I saw at midnight, this fire was still at 0% containment.

This is a rolling inferno. GTFO if you need to.

What a difference a day makes. 

Wind shifting, pushing the fire away from Santa Rosa. The on shore breeze is pushing the fire to previous burn areas. 

Early morning fog is keeping the overnight humidity high. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, thumper63 said:

Our thoughts and prayers are with all of you in harms way. And GOD Bless all the firefighters and their support crews. They are true Heroes in my book.

I can't even start to believe how frightening these wildfires must be with something you can do virtually nothing about, its like a turkey waiting for Christmas for some.

• Like 2