Collection for Phil's Wife & son

tommy dee

7 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Count me in for a remembrance get together. Any date is good for me.

I prefer to use bank transfer for a donation. If you don't mind, please post or send me a PM with bank account details.

For those of us outside of Thailand, it doesn't make too much sense to transfer money to Thailand, only for it then to be transferred out of Thailand.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Bazle said:

For those of us outside of Thailand, it doesn't make too much sense to transfer money to Thailand, only for it then to be transferred out of Thailand.

Point well made 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bazle said:

I don't use PayPal, thus my request for a bank account no. Plus doesn't PayPal charge a fee to for cash transfers?

Perhaps there's someone within the UK that could handle donations using the UK banking system.

• Like 1

I'd like to donate some funds to help, though as @Bazle has said it's costly to send money to Thailand from UK, or any other country outside of Thailand, then transfer it back out again.

A bank account would probably work better and no doubt prove more cost effective.

I'd be happy to assist by using one of my bank accounts if it would help.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I would make a big effort to get to a remembrance "do" at LePub, and would leave cash in the collection bucket for Phil's family.

And if Mr Egg agrees, I'll also make a sensible contribution to food for the occasion.

Would have thought that with the number of us that there are, a cash swap shouldn't be too difficult to arrange - funds collected here deposited into a members Thai Bank Account, for said member to then transfer from his U.K. account direct to Phil's missus, or whatever . . .

If arrangements are made, please let me know.

May he R.I.P

• Like 2

i would send it to my dasughter in the Uk who would transfer to Mrs. lanza I think.  we can collect at le pub on the night too, and i will sort out a bank account to use too.  but it will be thai bank as an option to paypal.  cant give out the sprogs account details

pp charges me 4%m, the exchange rate isnt terrible either.  but it also means its transparent which is a key issue for me and many nowadays

am now working on management of the account that handles rthis forum, phil gave me the details and at some poiunt i will get puang to send me the code they send to phils phone when i access.  it will all be ok inbt end but i really dont want to put any extra hassle on her, she will be seeing plenty of that, have also arranged a lawyer for her if and when she needs him, the son of a pal of mine in manchester.  nothign is ever easy

• Like 5

Anyone who wants to send money from the UK or to a UK bank account can ask Tommy for my details. I've got a dormant account that can be used.

Unfortunately Puang isn't in the best financial situation right now and is doing her best to keep it all together. Obviously this means claiming whatever benefits she is entitled to and is a little paranoid about accepting payments through the bank so I'll be taking all monies as cash to her.

There is a meeting this morning to set the date for the funeral. She's being helped by a neighbour to arrange this but without more help she'll be taking on a debt to pay for this.

I spent the day with Thomas and Puang yesterday and she is obviously suffering but holding it together. Thomas is just the loveliest boy in the world who can't understand where daddy has gone.

Anyone who has my phone, email, line I'D can get in touch directly for details of bank account or PayPal. Or PM @tommy dee

I will update the forum on amounts and the date of the funeral as soon as I can.

Edited by Thinkingallowed
  • Like 4
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Thinkingallowed said:

Anyone who wants to send money from the UK or to a UK bank account can ask Tommy for my details. I've got a dormant account that can be used.

Unfortunately Puang isn't in the best financial situation right now and is doing her best to keep it all together. Obviously this means claiming whatever benefits she is entitled to and is a little paranoid about accepting payments through the bank so I'll be taking all monies as cash to her.

There is a meeting this morning to set the date for the funeral. She's being helped by a neighbour to arrange this but without more help she'll be taking on a debt to pay for this.

I spent the day with Thomas and Puang yesterday and she is obviously suffering but holding it together. Thomas is just the loveliest boy in the world who can't understand where daddy has gone.

Anyone who has my phone, email, line I'D can get in touch directly for details of bank account or PayPal. Or PM @tommy dee

I will update the forum on amounts and the date of the funeral as soon as I can.

to make it easy, anyone wanting to transfer via bank pls PM Thingkingallowed as otherwise there will be a chain and delays.  excellent offer there, thanks as the logistics are a nightmare