Phil's Funeral

Thinkingallowed

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Thinkingallowed said:

This is the eulogy to be read by the celebrant at the funeral. If anyone has anything to add please let me know.

EULOGY

Phil was born in Leeds on the 14th March 1970.  He was raised with his sister Louise and Brother Mark.  Happy times were had in the 1980’s when the family holidayed in Filey, spending time looking for crabs on Filey Brigg, fishing and building sandcastle fortresses.

Phil career was varied and living for a time in Lanzarote meant that he ran a bar but then turned his hand to building swimming pools, a job which he loved.   In 2006 Phil returned to the UK and began work fitting carpets for various establishments.  He was well known and every one liked him.  His friends expressed what a good friend he was and how he always wore a warm smile even on a dark day.  He was knowledgeable about a variety of things and was always happy to help at the drop of a hat.  Nothing was too much trouble for Phil and even if it was he was too polite to say so.  He will be remembered by his fellow tradesmen for his reaction when he hit his hand with a hammer as he would run up and down blowing on his fingers.

Phil had itchy feet and didn’t settle anywhere long. He made friends all over the world and in 2009 on a trip to Thailand he met his soulmate Puang.  In 2011 their relationship began and I am told they were perfectly matched from the beginning.  In 2013 Phil moved to Thailand to be with his wife to be.  Puang had her own business renting out Motorbikes and the couple began working together, adding the sale of Android TV Boxes to their empire.  In 2016 the couple moved to the UK. They were a couple built on great trust, shown especially when Puang sold her business and entrusted Phil with the money to set up a new life for them both in the UK.  In 2017 the couple returned to Thailand to get married. They have been totally devoted to each other for ten years.

There is a moment in time when the universe turns itself completely upside down and nothing makes sense anymore. 

It is a moment when facts become fiction and every truth you ever believed in instantly becomes a lie… 

It’s when the present becomes the past, your life story becomes a myth and your dreams become little more than childish fantasies… 

Your reality becomes an illusion as your anxieties transform into fear because somewhere inside you realize that this is the moment you are watching everything dissolve away into nothing… 

This is what it feels like to lose the love of your life - life can be so cruel.

I know that in the days and months a head Phil would want you to help Puang as much as you are able.

One of Phil's legacies is a forum he set up for mensimilar to himself who had a connection with Thailand. He was universally liked. Liked isn't a strong enough word, loved and admired would be more appropriate.Phil had over 15 000 followers and dedicated himself to the forum often spending all night on line helping people.

Phil loving created the family home in Middleton andon the 29th November 2018 he became a very proud Daddy to Thomas.  Sadly two years ago Phil was diagnosed with cancer.  Puang, Thomas and Phil have spent every waking moment together creating memories. The day Phil went home for the last timethere was delight in his eyes to be with Puang and Thomas.  Andy told me that as they were leaving Phil was helping him with good local information on how to get back to their homes the quickest and safest way. Literally helping others to the very end. Phil stayed strong for Thomas throughout his illness he wanted his life to be as normal as possible and for him to remember who his Daddy was.  We can help Thomas to remember his wonderful Daddy by always speaking about him and keeping his memory alive.

I hope today you can be comforted by this important last act of love and respect that you have shared in here today.  Phil’s life has been like a tapestry into which you are all woven to some extent.  The tapestry began on the 14th March 1970 and the threads were carefully knotted as Phil took to his final sleep surrounded by the love of his family; Puang, Thomas and Louise all holding his hand on 22nd August 2020.  Phil's tapestry is made up of many threads of memories which, no matter how time passes, will always remain somewhere in your hearts, safely stored to be accessed when you need them.  

That is beautifully written and very moving. Well done Andy I'm sure from us all. Done him proud mate.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

one of the mates mother passed over lastweek-end,

her funeral was this day but I had one of those bad turns us old farts can get sometimes,

and I could not go,so iwas listening to some music and come across this,and don't know why but I thought of Phils wife Puang and young Thomas

regards

grayray

Edited by grayray
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, john luke said:

I was glad that I was able to attend,  pay my respects and offer my condolences to Puang.  

The service was non secular but very appropriate and professionally delivered by the celebrator.

My particlar thanks go to Andy for the practical help and support that he has been able to give to Puang and Thomas.  It was also good to meet Andy for a catch up chat.  

Was lovely to catch up with you and thanks for the lift 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Might I ask, " Is there any interest amongst those of us here in Pattaya, in holding a Wake for Phil ?"

The other Phil ( Mr Egg @ LePub ) has intimated that he is happy to host the event, and with the assistance of a BM, even provide catering.

If there is interest, I'm happy to set it up. If I was clever ( HELP ! ) I'd set up a poll asking :-

Are you interested ?

If you are, what evening of the week would suit you best ?

I'll say no more . . . . .

Cheers

Proffesor

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Proffesor said:

If I was clever ( HELP ! ) I'd set up a poll asking :-

For that I usually use BOOTZ poll creator, unfortunately for you it is in Dutch, so I'll give it a try:

Poll: Would you be interested in joining a wake for Phil?

Results so far:
results.cgi?pid=402946&layout=1&sort=prc
Also create a poll? Click here

Poll: What evening would best suit you?

Results so far:
results.cgi?pid=402947&layout=1&sort=prc
Also create a poll? Click here

EDIT:

Come on people, this is a working poll, vote.

Edited by Freee!!
  • Like 3
  • Great Info 1