Podcasts - Any suggestions and recommendations

Butch

I've recently taken to listening to podcasts as a bit of background noise when I'm working, easy to plug in and despite a few adverts which can be scanned through, there is a massive range of subjects and things to tune into. The beauty of a podcast is that one moment you can listen to comedy, the next to conspiracy theories and after that, opnions on current affairs.

I tend to listen on my phone rather than the PC with the google podcast player it had installed, Joe Rogan has some decent stuff, plus literally thousands of hours of content, but there's also a few learn thai / tagalog ones there, and the BBC also has some good Historical ones as well.

Any of you gents have a suggestion which I might like or feel like sharing, be interested to hear.

On 8/30/2020 at 1:51 PM, Butch said:

I've recently taken to listening to podcasts as a bit of background noise when I'm working, easy to plug in and despite a few adverts which can be scanned through, there is a massive range of subjects and things to tune into. The beauty of a podcast is that one moment you can listen to comedy, the next to conspiracy theories and after that, opnions on current affairs.

I tend to listen on my phone rather than the PC with the google podcast player it had installed, Joe Rogan has some decent stuff, plus literally thousands of hours of content, but there's also a few learn thai / tagalog ones there, and the BBC also has some good Historical ones as well.

Any of you gents have a suggestion which I might like or feel like sharing, be interested to hear.

Joe Rogan Experience best podcast in the world by a  mile. He had Miley Cyrus on the other night and David Blaine before that.

Other times has scientists, comedians, politicians, activists, right and left and every shade of opinion and colour ....... superb cannot recommend enough.

• Like 4

Joe Rogan Experience best podcast in the world by a  mile. He had Miley Cyrus on the other night and David Blaine before that.

Other times has scientists, comedians, politicians, activists, right and left and every shade of opinion and colour ....... superb cannot recommend enough.

Nambs mate, can’t stand Rogan. Far too alpha male for me.

Just reminds me of every single knucklehead steroid freak with a bottle in ibar

And possibly the most unfunny comedian ever

Just not for me.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, misteregg said:

Nambs mate, can’t stand Rogan. Far too alpha male for me.

Just reminds me of every single knucklehead steroid freak with a bottle in ibar

And possibly the most unfunny comedian ever

Just not for me.

Agree about an unfunny comedian, sadly but the rest really? He's a socially liberal, highly intelligent, well read, great listener who has such a wide fascinatingrange of guests and is a pothead who drinks wine and whisky. Said he was going to vote for Bernie Sanders if he could. OK Tae Kwondo champion (really one of the best kickers I have ever seen) black belt judo and into hunting and fishing but also big on parenting, looking after kids, justice for the poor and wrongly convicted and championing free speech and diversity of opinion.

Have you ever actually watched one of his podcasts on YouTube ???  Great interview with Miley Cyrus the other night.  

I met Frank Skinner once he lives in a posh mansion in Hampstead. He's from the Midlands but I could still understand most of what he was saying .:default_268213:......

PS can we have Grady Diangana back please he's good and we trained him up from the youth academy. :default_friends:

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, nampla69 said:

Agree about an unfunny comedian, sadly but the rest really? He's a socially liberal, highly intelligent, well read, great listener who has such a wide fascinatingrange of guests and is a pothead who drinks wine and whisky. Said he was going to vote for Bernie Sanders if he could. OK Tae Kwondo champion (really one of the best kickers I have ever seen) black belt judo and into hunting and fishing but also big on parenting, looking after kids, justice for the poor and wrongly convicted and championing free speech and diversity of opinion.

Have you ever actually watched one of his podcasts on YouTube ???  Great interview with Miley Cyrus the other night.  

I met Frank Skinner once he lives in a posh mansion in Hampstead. He's from the Midlands but I could still understand most of what he was saying .:default_268213:......

PS can we have Grady Diangana back please he's good and we trained him up from the youth academy. :default_friends:

Rogan is the least steroid type Ibar guy out there.

Not sure what Eggs on about.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Nambs, yes, I have seen several of his podcasts on YouTube. No fun in his podcasts. Just goes on about himself. I don’t feel any warmth towards him at all.
Anyway, Skinner, not so nice in real life but very funny on the podcast. So are his co-presenters.
Dinagana, can’t see the superstar in him to be honest. Can sell him back when we go down, so don’t miss him too much!

I respect Namb and Skally, so I thought I’d re-visit a Rogan podcast and started watching the Miley Cirus one.
I think it’s just me. I just can’t get on with this guy, his personality. He’s clearly very popular.
I had a friend in the bar tonight who loves Joe Rogan and he agrees with all of you. He recons I just hate anyone with flair.
So, I’m in a minority of one but I hope you enjoy my podcast recommendations.
By the way, I went to ibar last night, first time in years and absolutely hated that as well, so it’s just me.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, misteregg said:

I respect Namb and Skally, so I thought I’d re-visit a Rogan podcast and started watching the Miley Cirus one.
I think it’s just me. I just can’t get on with this guy, his personality. He’s clearly very popular.
I had a friend in the bar tonight who loves Joe Rogan and he agrees with all of you. He recons I just hate anyone with flair.
By the way, I went to ibar last night, first time in years and absolutely hated that as well, so it’s just me.

We're all different that's not a bad thing at all..

Some people liked Black Lace (Agadoo) I could never understand that 🤣🤣

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, misteregg said:

Takes all sorts to make a good dumpling. Old Chinese Proverb ......

No its not I just made it up but made some amazing stilton, mustard and chive dumplings with added suet on Sunday baked golden brown.

Anyway I too cannot bear the iBar of Lucifers (is it still there?). I'm more of a Le Bar patron (said with a French accent).

You should look at that recent Rogan one I posted about The Justice Project. Rogan starts crying after hearing the story of a wrongful arrest and imprisonment of a Honduran deeply moving. I didn't like Skinner by the way Phil ....wealthy arrogant snob.

• Like 1

Takes all sorts to make a good dumpling. Old Chinese Proverb ......
No its not I just made it up but made some amazing stilton, mustard and chive dumplings with added suet on Sunday baked golden brown.
Anyway I too cannot bear the iBar of Lucifers (is it still there?). I'm more of a Le Bar patron (said with a French accent).
You should look at that recent Rogan one I posted about The Justice Project. Rogan starts crying after hearing the story of a wrongful arrest and imprisonment of a Honduran deeply moving. I didn't like Skinner by the way Phil ....wealthy arrogant snob.

Agree with Skinner and he’s not popular with Albion fans, either . But at least he’s funny.

10 hours ago, misteregg said:

The Miley Cyrus one was a 6 out of 10.

Check out the Sam Harris,Eric Weinstein ones.

The Jimmy Dore one was outstanding and also every Mike Tyson podcast.

hes hit and miss Egg.Do three or four a week and you’re bound to have a dud.

Thats why I go between Carolla,Rogan,Weinstein.

Bound to get quality out of those three.