Hua Hin

Krapow

Been a handful of times and always liked it.

First time would of been mid 2000's, went to a wedding with my ex partner and another couple of expat owners/ managers (late TJ from Coyotee's), we stayed in a basic hotel, didn't see much but had a few beers down the "strip".

Had afternoon tea and cakes in  the Sofitel on one trip, lovely hotel.

Last time I went was probably 2006, we always had lunch or a night there on the bike trips. Always liked it there and even mentioned it to the wife about seeing if it was somewhere we could spend some time.

:)

23 minutes ago, Lanzalad said:

The thing is with the software Blog, Clubs and the standard forum core system is more or less three of the same core programs running side by side..

Now for that reason alone for them running side by side. its running in a sense of three different languages and rules so they don't clash.

So this makes it incompatible to each other... 

The only way its done is to manually import your own post.

Shambles 9_9

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, thegrogmonster said:

I read somewhere that there is a night market in Hua Hin where you can have a few beers and a good feed. Could anyone provide details to its location.

Apologies if it has already been mentioned on this thread.

I think there's more than one. 

Our hotel is near one called Hua Him night market, though when looking at the map it gives more than one night market. Be interested myself, we arrive Friday.

4 hours ago, thegrogmonster said:

I read somewhere that there is a night market in Hua Hin where you can have a few beers and a good feed. Could anyone provide details to its location.

Apologies if it has already been mentioned on this thread.

Easy walk from Buffalo Bills Wayne, straight up Hua Hin 55 which is the road at the side entrance to BB`S. when you get to the main rd (Phetkasem rd) which is a dual carriageway do a left and walk about 2/3 hundred metres, the Night Market with all the Seafood restaurants will be on the other side of the dual carriageway.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@12.5725193,99.955789,18.11z?hl=en

• Great Info 1

4 minutes ago, Binlid said:

Easy walk from Buffalo Bills Wayne, straight up Hua Hin 55 which is the road at the side entrance to BB`S. when you get to the main rd (Phetkasem rd) which is a dual carriageway do a left and walk about 2/3 hundred metres, the Night Market with all the Seafood restaurants will be on the other side of the dual carriageway.

Mark Wein eating lobster at this Night market.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQlWzIpZIFM

51 minutes ago, Binlid said:

Loved this market, some great food stalls and well laid out with plenty of tables for you to eat at. After we had seen everything we went to the Amphitheatre and were entertained by a great band for 3 hours drinking jugs of beer at 200 bht a throw.

Yup, on the main road about 5km south of Buffalo Bills. Might just be open at weekends.

4 hours ago, Krapow said:

Our hotel is near one called Hua Him night market, though when looking at the map it gives more than one night market. Be interested myself, we arrive Friday.

3 hours ago, Thinkingallowed said:

1 hour ago, Binlid said:

1 hour ago, Binlid said:

Mark Wein eating lobster at this Night market.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQlWzIpZIFM

1 hour ago, Binlid said:

Loved this market, some great food stalls and well laid out with plenty of tables for you to eat at. After we had seen everything we went to the Amphitheatre and were entertained by a great band for 3 hours drinking jugs of beer at 200 bht a throw.

45 minutes ago, Thinkingallowed said:

Yup, on the main road about 5km south of Buffalo Bills. Might just be open at weekends.

Thank you Gentlemen.

10 hours ago, Krapow said:

Night market is worth a look as many stalls etc but not cheap for seafood although great atmosphere. Very close to the Clock Tower but on other side of road.

Cicada is ok although a little way out in Khao Takiab.

Got to get to the Food Court over the railway at Soi 88, really worth a good night there, loads of food stalls for all tastes (Indian, Italian etc) and bands at weekends, Beer is plentiful and large beers about 60 baht.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

17 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Night market is worth a look as many stalls etc but not cheap for seafood although great atmosphere. Very close to the Clock Tower but on other side of road.

Got to get to the Food Court over the railway at Soi 88, really worth a good night there, loads of food stalls for all tastes (Indian, Italian etc) and bands at weekends, Beer is plentiful and large beers about 60 baht.

Our Hotel is on the Clock Tower side of the road, little bit closer to the beach. 

Never been before, so looking forward to it. 

@Binlid and Wie have already recommended the Swiss Sheep farm, which looks great for our daughter, so will definitely go there. 

8 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Food Court is fun, get there before 7.30pm as it gets full. As Dave says, loads of different food, beers and some decent bands. There was one backing singer there we watched with huge bouncy boobs which I was fixated with back in the Summer 

On 1/24/2019 at 11:22 AM, thegrogmonster said:

Thanks all for the great information.

Unfortunately I ended up watching the cricket for nearly 8 hours at El Murphy pub. The wife has decided on some Thai takeaway and we have just got back to the room.

In the past had some great nights at El Murphy. I remember being there the night Man City won the premier league, when Aguero scored that last minute goal against QPR. Great atmosphere and such a noise when that goal went in, especially as the Man U game was being shown alongside it.

I mainly used to go there to see the Stonehead Band as I got to know the lead singer/guitarist Cartoon very well. Unfortunately they fell out with the management and moved on, though they're still playing at El Toro Roco, which is on Soi 94. They primarily play 70's and 80's cover rock songs and they're pretty good. Well worth a tuk tuk ride to go see them.

• Great Info 2

6 hours ago, Britboy said:

In the past had some great nights at El Murphy. I remember being there the night Man City won the premier league, when Aguero scored that last minute goal against QPR. Great atmosphere and such a noise when that goal went in, especially as the Man U game was being shown alongside it.

I mainly used to go there to see the Stonehead Band as I got to know the lead singer/guitarist Cartoon very well. Unfortunately they fell out with the management and moved on, though they're still playing at El Toro Roco, which is on Soi 94. They primarily play 70's and 80's cover rock songs and they're pretty good. Well worth a tuk tuk ride to go see them.

Preferred El Toro Loco when it was in Bintibaht, the location at Soi 94 is ok but the atmosphere not as good and they don't get as many tourists coming in.

On 1/31/2019 at 9:37 PM, Horizondave said:

Preferred El Toro Loco when it was in Bintibaht, the location at Soi 94 is ok but the atmosphere not as good and they don't get as many tourists coming in.

Quite agree, it's a bit of a drag to get there, though easy enough from the town centre as plenty of tuk tuk's around. The pain is getting back, as there's none.

The place itself is a great venue for a band, but as you say, they don't get many tourists as it's off the beaten track. I keep telling Cartoon he needs to do some marketing, get some awareness out there. Do some deals with a hotel or hotels to get flyers put up or cards given out to guests - first drink free, or something similar. No-one is going to come across the place by accident.

5 hours ago, Britboy said:

Quite agree, it's a bit of a drag to get there, though easy enough from the town centre as plenty of tuk tuk's around. The pain is getting back, as there's none.

The place itself is a great venue for a band, but as you say, they don't get many tourists as it's off the beaten track. I keep telling Cartoon he needs to do some marketing, get some awareness out there. Do some deals with a hotel or hotels to get flyers put up or cards given out to guests - first drink free, or something similar. No-one is going to come across the place by accident.

First saw the band when they were playing in Soi Selekam almost opposite the Jings Hotel before they moved to Bintibaht.  Used to go quite often to see the band in Bintibaht and they were always friendly during their interval.  Loved the cool dude on base, always in his own world. Lead is awesome and quite a funny guy. I think he misses mixing it with all the tourists especially all the Scandy women who end up dancing in front of him.

The 94 area is really good but not many tourists are going to know about it but if they do it is just a little bit off the beaten track. Love that area at it was near to where I was living up 88.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Horizondave said:

First saw the band when they were playing in Soi Selekam almost opposite the Jings Hotel before they moved to Bintibaht.  Used to go quite often to see the band in Bintibaht and they were always friendly during their interval.  Loved the cool dude on base, always in his own world. Lead is awesome and quite a funny guy. I think he misses mixing it with all the tourists especially all the Scandy women who end up dancing in front of him.

The 94 area is really good but not many tourists are going to know about it but if they do it is just a little bit off the beaten track. Love that area at it was near to where I was living up 88.  

They've certainly done the circuit as far as the bars they've played in. I started to go to HH around 15 years ago and they were playing in Genie pub then. It's changed now, just a regular bar, which is about 50 yards on the left as you walk down Bintabaht from Hilton end.

Yeah, the bass player is a great guy, though after all these years he's still not confident with his English. Excellent musician.

The keyboard player, Lom, left about a year ago to become a monk!! Cartoon goes to visit him and showed me some pics. He sure looks different with no hair. Lom's a really nice guy, Cartoon really misses him both personally and professionally. His keyboard still sits on stage with no-one playing it, kind of a tribute.

The drummer's a great guy too. After their gig finishes he shoots off to a bar behind the Hilton, where he's a DJ until the sun comes up (or when the police raid the area, which happened twice during my last visit in October 2018.

When the gig finishes for the evening often Cartoon will take me on the back of his Harley to some Thai bar. He's really well connected and some of the personalities in these Thai bars I wouldn't want to argue with. But I'm accepted well because I'm with him. I've had some pretty hairy rides back to the Hilton at 5 am I can tell you. Scares me to death, especially as he doesn't have a spare crash helmet.

• Great Info 1