Hua Hin

Krapow

16 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Khao Sam Roi, national park.

Had to cut this trip down to 4 hours (had to meet my friend living permanently at Hua Hin for lunch), left our apartment 7am, back 1pm.

Khao Sam Roi Yod National park.

Some 1 hour drive from Hua Hin, to the south.

2018samroi00.jpg

2018samroi01.jpg

There are eight attractions, we did only two. One can spend a day there, I wish we could. 

2018samroi02.jpg

The first one, a viewpoint

2018samroi03.jpg

In different seasons, different time of a day, what can be seen from up there

2018samroi04.jpg

Always loved to see the fields

2018samroi05.jpg

To climb up, the warning is not for nothing. A terrible and demanding climb

2018samroi06.jpg

No climbing after 15:30, an officer there to turn you back

2018samroi07.jpg

To climb up, it is a horror. No wonder travel agencies do not have that in their schedules. 

2018samroi08.jpg

My daughter and myself are fit, we can do that. Even in the heat

2018samroi09.jpg

Takes 30 minutes to climb up 395m, the track is more suitable for the goats rather than for the humans

2018samroi10.jpg

Then, the prize. A fantastic view, albeit the weather was not great

2018samroi11.jpg

The pics on the net are from different seasons, different time of the days, we have what we have. There is a river/canal, later we will go for a cruise

2018samroi12.jpg

After tis, we go for the cruise, almost to kiss the drager boat 

2018samroi13.jpg

The view to the other side

2018samroi14.jpg

2018samroi15.jpg

The panel at the starting point, likely an old picture, shows something like Play Boy theme park

2018samroi16.jpg

It is not there now. If anyone knows what it was, please tell me

2018samroi17.jpg

Bye bye our view point. Descend comes next

2018samroi18.jpg

A boat for the tourists, 500THB per ride, . A couple (Philipinos) were waiting there for someone to show up. It worked out 100THB per person.

2018samroi21.jpg

The rock we conquired.

2018samroi22.jpg

2018samroi23.jpg

Thre women hunting for shells (when it comes on your plate, you think a little where and how the shells came from)

2018samroi24.jpg

Fishing village

2018samroi25.jpg

2018samroi26.jpg

Until th eriver mouth, there is the sand drencher boat, moving the sands

2018samroi27.jpg

Look back where we have started

2018samroi28.jpg

Will go again, to see the caves. Xmas this year or next year.

Excellent @Colonel Kurtz

Thanks for posting.

3 minutes ago, DumbDucker said:

Yes. There is also an Israeli restaurant called Ogen, great and fresh food.IMG_20180822_212509.jpg

Yea, the humus in the Israeli place off Soi Baukhao is lovely as well. Some regional variations I find quite bland, like Iranian. But the Israeli and Turkish I love. 

Spoilt where I live, big Turkish community, loads of proper Turkish places, not big standard kebab shops. 

Have to give both places you recommend a go in January.

11 minutes ago, Krapow said:

No, and it keeps me awake at night.

What's your opinion, Central or Southern?

Well I think Hua Hin is more Central like Cha Am and Phetchaburi. But I think Pranburi should be included also but that is as far south as it should go.

It would be not good to have Cha Am and Hua Hin in two different sections. 

Edited by Captain Richard M. Colby
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Richard M. Colby said:

Well I think Hua Hin is more Central like Cha Am and Phetchaburi. But I think Pranburi should be included also but that is as far south as it should go.

It would be not good to have Cha Am and Hua Hin in two different sections. 

You'll start a whole row here, the earlier consensus was South :D

6 minutes ago, Krapow said:

You'll start a whole row here, the earlier consensus was South :D

well as  example something going on in Cha Am would be of IMMEDIATE interest to people in Hua Hin.

But if Hua Hin people looked at the South section they would not see that topic. And some of the cities (areas) in that section are 500 plus kilometers away. So anything say like weather would be of no interest. If someone posted something about the weather in Cha Am it is only 20 minutes away from Hua Hin.    

On 9/13/2018 at 10:08 PM, Horizondave said:

I would recommend Hua Hin to anybody, the coastline from Cha Am down south past Khao Takiab south of Hua Hin contains many great hotels. Life doesn't all revolve around the Hilton although for single guys I doubt they would need anywhere else.  So much to do around the city.

I did a Hua Hin blog on another forum, maybe I will get Phil to lift it.  A lot of good info and links, some may be out of date but pertinent details for those traveling in the area.

Horizondave would love you to start a blogg on HH. 

We tended to use the Anantara and Marriott to put up overspill (couldn’t fit them all in when they turned up mob handed) relations and once used The Hilton. 

Problem now is Fri-Mon, the hotels north of The Royal Palace are gridlocked with the weekend traffic.

Marriot looks a lot better since they had a makeover a few years ago and as you say, night market just across the road and some good bars within walking distance.

Kao Tao has grown beyond recognition, back then it was just a dirt track down to a couple of ramshackle wooden fish restaurants. Then the City Council extended the road and now large condos and expensive hotels have sprung up. The Chiva Som probably the most expensive one.

Hua Hin is still a good place for a visit, because everything is within reach, as long as you pick the right time to get where you’re going. 😊

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, KhunDon said:

Horizondave would love you to start a blogg on HH. 

We tended to use the Anantara and Marriott to put up overspill (couldn’t fit them all in when they turned up mob handed) relations and once used The Hilton. 

Problem now is Fri-Mon, the hotels north of The Royal Palace are gridlocked with the weekend traffic.

Marriot looks a lot better since they had a makeover a few years ago and as you say, night market just across the road and some good bars within walking distance.

Kao Tao has grown beyond recognition, back then it was just a dirt track down to a couple of ramshackle wooden fish restaurants. Then the City Council extended the road and now large condos and expensive hotels have sprung up. The Chiva Som probably the most expensive one.

Hua Hin is still a good place for a visit, because everything is within reach, as long as you pick the right time to get where you’re going. 😊

Now living in UK so a blog would be difficult. 

I did do a thread on Hua Hin on another forum which had a lot of links etc, not sure if that can be placed here.

I will certainly add info in reply here when I can though

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Horizondave said:

Now living in UK so a blog would be difficult. 

I did do a thread on Hua Hin on another forum which had a lot of links etc, not sure if that can be placed here.

I will certainly add info in reply here when I can though

@Lanzalad could maybe bring it here as you posted it and are asking for it to be brought here if possible?

• Thumbs Up 2

The thing is with the software Blog, Clubs and the standard forum core system is more or less three of the same core programs running side by side..

Now for that reason alone for them running side by side. its running in a sense of three different languages and rules so they don't clash.

So this makes it incompatible to each other... 

The only way its done is to manually import your own post.