Not looking very good for Thai Airways

Butch

• 2 months later...

Nothing wrong in trying to sell stock that isn't being used, these planes only make money when they are in the air and they haven't been seeing a lot of air time. Not a sensational video, in fact it is just showing what a smart airline would be doing.  Some of those aircraft were manufactured in 1993, the newest was 2008 so still 12 years old.

They have their restructure approved and they are trying to make cost savings. Even the loss of 5000 staff is not a big drop considering what some of the other global airlines have initiated. 

7 hours ago, Jambo said:

Different scale of things but Nok Air is in big trouble as well.

Feel for them..

It's Air Asia that are the fucking criminals 6 month i've been chasing refunds off them , you only have to oook at their social media (AA) to see how many people they have pissed off.

1 hour ago, roomark said:

It's Air Asia that are the fucking criminals 6 month i've been chasing refunds off them , you only have to oook at their social media (AA) to see how many people they have pissed off.

People who for years have been boasting about how cheap they travelled..... This time they just ran out of luck.

Thai has been in trouble since many years. Covid is just the last nail in the coffin.

• Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

People who for years have been boasting about how cheap they travelled..... This time they just ran out of luck.

Thai has been in trouble since many years. Covid is just the last nail in the coffin.

Air Asia owe me £140 small change compared to some and i've written it off really , but still if they do that a 100,000 times...that's some money.

As for Thai Airwaya i've only ever flown with them once and nwver thought they were that good (took a shuttle down to London ) there are too many good choices to bother with them (well there was 🙈)

Edited by roomark

Only flew Thai once or twice. Too expensive considering all the other options.

The only advantage in the past decade was that they operated out of Swampy. Easier to fly into there domestically if you had a quick connecting International flight.

Have flown Air Asia many times. Only lost money back when the 'yellow shirts' took over the airport. Could not get in touch with them to even discuss a refund. That was before their website was up and running properly.

Last couple of years have flown Thai Lion, Nok, Scoot, etc., along with Air Asia. 

Travel is a pain in the ass now with Covid -- cannot even get into most countries (as a US passport holder). Probably won't travel until 2022 at this rate. 

Will probably just buy my own plane by then. 😉

20150806-20150806-IMG_1562.jpg

My first ever flight to Thailand was on Thai Airways and I immediately fell hopelessly for a Thai trolley dolly. Eyes glued to her as they were doing the demonstration video.

Forgot about her 2 minutes after walking into Soi Cowboy the following night.

Never flew Thai Airways again as too expensive if one was repeat visiting 3 times a year.

I am worried about Nok Air as that is the daily airline flying Bangkok/Mae Sot.

My last few flights with Thai have been Ok, my UK -Thailand flights being on the A380 and upstairs in the back economy section.  Really comfortable seats and good service; I wasn't paying a full fare though, I was on a concession.

I did pay full fare for a flight on Thai to Philippines from Bangkok back in December 2019 and it was a most enjoyable flight, mainly because it was taking me to one of my favourite destinations but also to see my older daughter.

I think they have always been more expensive than the competition but I have always found their inflight service acceptable.