Totally Shocked

code_slayer_bkk

6 hours ago, Mr. Smooth said:

So thats close to $40,000 baht that was unexpected!

A nice surprise. Whatcha gonna do with all that newfound wealth?

Save it for your next time coming to Patts? Probably a bar or two who would welcome you with open arms! 😄

I don't know ... yea, a total surprise ...

Probably throw half into Ziggys bank account ... and the other half into Beach gals account ... cause I don't need anything ( seriously, I am not trying to sound arrogant ) 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

For Single Filers the max adjusted gross income is $75,000.

The amount of the rebate depends on family size. The payment is $1,200 for each adult individual ($2,400 for joint filers), and $500 per qualifying child under 17 years old. Rebates are reduced by $5 for every $100 of income to the extent a taxpayer’s income exceeds $150,000 for joint filers, $112,500 for a head of household filer, and $75,000 for single filers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thumper63 said:

There were a lot of us here in the US that were surprised that we got  the checks also. Never applied

Yea Bro .. plus ...  I am on the other side of the world ... same with me ... I never applied .. and I don't need ... I have never depended on the Government for anything in my life .. just let me be...  and be free .... I can make my own way ....

I won't say what I filed in US taxes last year ... as normal ... it was a lot .... not including the shit load of money I wrote off .. being as legal as I can be ... lol

Edited by code_slayer_bkk
  • Like 1

On 9/7/2020 at 1:57 PM, code_slayer_bkk said:

Today back in BKK for a couple of days  .... went to collect my mail ..

And to my f**king total surprise I received a check from the US Government ... for 1,200 USD .... I think for the Wuhan Virus ...

I never requested the money nor do I need ... but, I am still f**king amazed ....

I got a paper check very early when they started to give the stimulus payments out came to my son in Las Vegas he deposited into my account 45 days later I got another 1200 automatic deposit into my account where I get Social Security every month. It's their money I'm happy to give it back to them but they've got to come and get it. I have yet to hear a word from them

25 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

I got a paper check very early when they started to give the stimulus payments out came to my son in Las Vegas he deposited into my account 45 days later I got another 1200 automatic deposit into my account where I get Social Security every month. It's their money I'm happy to give it back to them but they've got to come and get it. I have yet to hear a word from them

Don't worry, you will. And it will probably be those guys from the Infernal Revenue Services.

49 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

There will probably be a line item on the 2020 return for the stimulus payment. So expect next tax filing season you'll have to give the extra payment back at that time.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

There will probably be a line item on the 2020 return for the stimulus payment. So expect next tax filing season you'll have to give the extra payment back at that time.

I was thinking the same ...

But, this check is worthless so far ... Thanachart , SCB or Kasikorn would not deposit for me ...

Guess - I need to open an account at Bangkok Bank

10 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

I was thinking the same ...

But, this check is worthless so far ... Thanachart , SCB or Kasikorn would not deposit for me ...

Guess - I need to open an account at Bangkok Bank

If you have a US bank account you can use their mobile banking app to take a picture of the check and make a virtual deposit it into your US account.

12 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

I don't have to file taxes I don't make enough money

You might have to for 2020 as you owe the IRS the extra $1,200 received. Perhaps before the tax filing season they'll have worked out a system for returning excess payments without the need for filing a return.

Governments went a bit loopy didn't they 🥴

I read today that in the UK, £3.5 billion of Covid Furlough Scheme payments were lost to fraud. Yet I had to step in and hold up friends businesses when the government would not. 

Crazy times for sure man. 

2 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

You might have to for 2020 as you owe the IRS the extra $1,200 received. Perhaps before the tax filing season they'll have worked out a system for returning excess payments without the need for filing a return.

It's their money but they've got to come and get it once I'm personally notified I'll return it no issues