Totally Shocked

code_slayer_bkk

On 9/8/2020 at 6:05 PM, forcebwithu said:

There will probably be a line item on the 2020 return for the stimulus payment. So expect next tax filing season you'll have to give the extra payment back at that time.

Nope.  Not taxable income.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jenniferbarrett/2020/05/17/will-i-owe-taxes-on-my-stimulus-payment-plus-other-tax-related-questions/#48913be23dfc

Numerous other sources, I just picked one.

16 minutes ago, Khun Ling said:

As per usual I got f**k all. Not a cent. Oh..I have been allowed to continue paying taxes

I didn't deserve what I got Bro .. a waste of money they sent to me ... cause I don't need .... I pay a shit load of taxes .. a shit load ... and I tale every measure possible even bordering on the illegal ...or illegal ... f**k it .... 

6 hours ago, tko said:

Not taxable, but I expect there will be a line item for the stimulus payment so those that did not get one, for whatever reason, will be able to file for the payment on their 2020 tax form. I also expect the form will also allow those that received more than one payment to declare the over payment and return the excess money via the tax payment system.

1 hour ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

I didn't deserve what I got Bro .. a waste of money they sent to me ... cause I don't need .... I pay a shit load of taxes .. a shit load ... and I tale every measure possible even bordering on the illegal ...or illegal ... f**k it .... 

And there are some that deserve the payment but are denied for the sole reason they're married to a non-US citizen that doesn't have a Soc Sec number. A friend of mine is in that situation. Can't even collect the $1200 for himself because he's married to a Laos lady who has a TIN, but not a Soc Sec number.

^^^^  Sorry for your friend ... I didn't know this type of shit happened ...

Seems to me he should have filed with the IRS that he is single .... that is what I would have done if I ever moved back to the USA with Beach gal ....  why file as a married couple when she has no SSN ?

Surprised his marriage is even recognized by the US Government ....

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

^^^^  Sorry for your friend ... I didn't know this type of shit happened ...

Seems to me he should have filed with the IRS that he is single .... that is what I would have done if I ever moved back to the USA with Beach gal ....  why file as a married couple when she has no SSN ?

Surprised his marriage is even recognized by the US Government ....

Marriage is recognized, and as he is legally married he needed a TIN for her to file his tax returns. She doesn't meet the criteria for getting a Soc Sec number, thus the TIN.

They married a couple of years ago so she would be eligible for survivor benefits from his military pension. In the scheme of things not getting the $1200 is small potatoes, but it is still a kick in the teeth from the govt he served to protect.

• Thumbs Up 2

27 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Marriage is recognized, and as he is legally married he needed a TIN for her to file his tax returns. She doesn't meet the criteria for getting a Soc Sec number, thus the TIN.

They married a couple of years ago so she would be eligible for survivor benefits from his military pension. In the scheme of things not getting the $1200 is small potatoes, but it is still a kick in the teeth from the govt he served to protect.

Sorry Bro ... that is bullshit and both you and I know it .... he needs nothing from her to file HIS tax returns ...

No if is not a "kick in the teeth from the govt he served to protect" .. that is a bullshit statement ...

A 1200 USD payment is a kick in the teeth .. LOL  Aren't they together living a life and loving each other ?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Sorry Bro ... that is bullshit and both you and I know it .... he needs nothing from her to file HIS tax returns ...

You're wrong about that. If you're legally married and have income that requires filing a tax return, you must file as married filing jointly or married filing separately.