planning japan trip maybe

me and friend and his thai wife may take a trip to tokyo and few other places in japan before we can get back to pattaya for a trip so she can see her family while he stays in town for the stay.was wondering what hotels to stay at and prices.im also after goign to the famous gadget alley in tokyo so see what they have and maybe get something u can not get in uk.also like info on other places to vist in japan  and round tokyo to.we would be willign to travel to other cities as we know the rail service is so good there.would love to go for japan grand prix but its a bit late in year really.id go to mount fuji music festival to but not sure when that is.any info on night life to be welcome even meetign the odd jap girl for drinks andfun if possible.ill be looking to see if a band i like from japan will be doign gigs to anytime maybe try see them to if they not been to uk before hand.

Been a couple of times, plenty of accommodation in Tokyo for £100 or less, I like the APA chain, small but functional modern rooms. In fact quite a lot of hotels in Tokyo have small rooms.

I stayed in Shinjuku and Asakusa, both were decent but you have more going on in Shinjuku. Akihabara or gaget alley as you refer it is worth a stroll, would suggest staying until it goes dark as all the street is lit us with the famous signs.

Cant recommend going to Kyoto for a few days enough, the nicest place I visited in Japan with a lot more ‘old school’ Japanese culture evident and more old buildings etc.

Japan, visited once on business trip.

Definitively a place where I would accept a job for a few months, as long it pays very well. Live ain't cheap there.

And maybe a Japanese companion / wife in a next life ? 

• Like 1