Richard Barrow does this guy ever work??

fforest

I have been following Richard Barrow on twitter since this March......He say he works in some school as a IT person.....But Since I have been following him it seems like the number of trips he takes is endless....Week after week month after month one trip after another after another.....Not just a one day trip to see XXX waterfalls but 3-4-5-6-7-8 day trips........

Hey I got nothing against the guy or his trips....I could really care less how many trips he takes.....But if you have his twitter feed the trip count is unbelievable..

My question is has he be going non stop like this for years or is this a new thing?

Here is a example.....

That’s a wrap on my mega #IsaanTrip to all twenty provinces in Northeastern Thailand. I hope you enjoyed my photos and I’ve inspired you to visit this often neglected region of Thailand. Here’s a google map list of all the places we visited:

3 hours ago, Freee!! said:

How about Papeete?

Been based there 2 years in the 70's.  Not cheap at that time, so I guess its bloody expensive now. If not I would have retired there. 

Large Chinese community, and believe me a 50/50 Polynesian/Chinese girl ... 

Mama mia !

3 hours ago, galenkia said:

I'd choose Spain, it's like England with more sun. 😀

Forget it, mate.  Brexit and all that..... hahahaha

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/13/2020 at 9:56 PM, fforest said:

I have been following Richard Barrow on twitter since this March......He say he works in some school as a IT person.....But Since I have been following him it seems like the number of trips he takes is endless....Week after week month after month one trip after another after another.....Not just a one day trip to see XXX waterfalls but 3-4-5-6-7-8 day trips........

Hey I got nothing against the guy or his trips....I could really care less how many trips he takes.....But if you have his twitter feed the trip count is unbelievable..

My question is has he be going non stop like this for years or is this a new thing?

Here is a example.....

That’s a wrap on my mega #IsaanTrip to all twenty provinces in Northeastern Thailand. I hope you enjoyed my photos and I’ve inspired you to visit this often neglected region of Thailand. Here’s a google map list of all the places we visited:

For an "Information" Technology guy I find it kind of funny that he lists both Surin and Buriram as "Surin."   I noticed because I lived in Buriram a few years.

EDIT:  BTW I had the same thoughts about his extensive travel versus his claimed job.  He was a great source of info at the height of the pandemic, though.

Edited by tko

I’d always assumed his trips were financed and/or organised by TAT....... as an IT guy at a load of schools I can’t see how he could afford all his trips.......

if I’m right it’s a very astute investment from TAT (which probably means I am wrong!!)

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

Following him for years. Taught then moved to admin/IT I believe. Gets a lot of free travel from gov tourism interests and for-profit travel organizations. Did us a great service with mostly accurate info during the height of the current plague. And his stories and photos of mostly obscure areas of the country are enjoyable. Nice to have him around. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 4

Well Richard is off on yet another trip today.....

Good morning from Don Mueang airport. Today, I’m flying down to Surat Thani in Southern Thailand to visit the Lee Led community. This area is apparently called the “Amazon of Thailand” due to the mangrove forest. I’m looking forward to exploring a new area for me

I hate selfie sticks, but even I have to admit this is an impressive use of one. A very well done video by Barrow.

Edited to add: The video appears to have lost some resolution when it's viewed through the embedded post. The video quality is much better if you click through to his FB page and watch it there.

Edited by forcebwithu
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/19/2020 at 1:22 PM, forcebwithu said:

I hate selfie sticks, but even I have to admit this is an impressive use of one. A very well done video by Barrow.

Edited to add: The video appears to have lost some resolution when it's viewed through the embedded post. The video quality is much better if you click through to his FB page and watch it there.

Pretty impressive,ive been watchin some youtube stuff in the mountains, guys with the same gear,invisible sticks 360 cameras,gotta admit the footage looks great,why not,good on him mr barrow that is,not to long ago he thought they were gonna kick him out.