14th September 2006

mrcharliemofo

2 hours ago, Esco said:

Where could one live on that side of Thailand other than Phuket which is imo much worse than any other tourist town in Thailand and Bkk? 

No problem ... just go about 2 about hours South ... I live semi-close to Pak Bara .. look it up on a map .. super good Thai people down here .. and the seas an beaches are fucking really beautiful

If you need help in finding a beautiful Thai gal with long legs , a great ass, and who is honest ... Beach gal will help you if I tell her to do ...and Beach gal is a super honest gal with no bad words or drama .. plus, she is fucking beautiful ..

Believe me . I know .. I am back in BKK 1 week every month ... makes me boring in BKK .. and I lived in BKK for about ( Not sure ) maybe 18 - 20 years

The gals down south are night and day different from BKK or Isaan gals ... for sure ....

If you come here .. watch your step .. keep your head and heart balanced ..... yea, I understand ... don't let your dick do all of the thinking for you ... easy to do ... don't do .. and please don't wai .....walk strong ...

Just let everything come to you ... below outside of my bedroom in the deep South

beach4_n.jpg

Edited by code_slayer_bkk
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

48 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

No problem ... just go about 2 about hours South ... I live semi-close to Pak Bara .. look it up on a map .. super good Thai people down here .. and the seas an beaches are fucking really beautiful

If you need help in finding a beautiful Thai gal with long legs , a great ass, and who is honest ... Beach gal will help you if I tell her to do ...and Beach gal is a super honest gal with no bad words or drama .. plus, she is fucking beautiful ..

Believe me . I know .. I am back in BKK 1 week every month ... makes me boring in BKK .. and I lived in BKK for about ( Not sure ) maybe 18 - 20 years

The gals down south are night and day different from BKK or Isaan gals ... for sure ....

If you come here .. watch your step .. keep your head and heart balanced ..... yea, I understand ... don't let your dick do all of the thinking for you ... easy to do ... don't do .. and please don't wai .....walk strong ...

Just let everything come to you ... below outside of my bedroom in the deep South

beach4_n.jpg

I've been happily married to an Isaan gal for over 7 years now (together for 12) but thanks for the offer. 

I'll have a look at Pak Bara, cheers. 

17 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

FFS, at your prime age you need the help of an old pensioner ?

Hahahaha....

It's ok to admit you haven't got a fucking clue mate. 

Nobody expects you to be the Oracle of everything but you. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 2

First time i've read this thread, must have been when i was on holiday, refreshingly honest, and some great replies.

@mrcharliemofo it's been clear to to me for a while you're not happy mate, judging by your posts and any conversations we have had. And i'm speaking in general terms, not just about the Thai girl where you had a specific 'issue' a while ago. 

How's things now, thread was started about a month ago by you, is it pretty much the same, though hope not worse in regards to your unhappiness, frustration, situation, mental health, whatever you want to call it. 

As has been said, Thailand will always be there. And as you have said yourself, i can't see much changing in Thailand in regards to tourists in the next 6 months, at least not for people coming from Europe or the US. So you have to make that big decision, as scary as that may or may not be. Maybe it's not scary at all, maybe you've decided, i don't know.  I don't mean scary scary, just it's obviously a huge decision for you, something you are not sure about, hence this thread. But that's natural, a big move, completely changing your life, and moving back to the UK or anywhere during this shitstorm. 

If your general situation has not improved or gotten worse, whether that be financially, mentally or whatever, then i think you know yourself what you should do. But no one can do it for you, you have to decide and 'do it'. 

Personally, in regards to Thailand, my first plan was to sell up everything and retire there as a single man. Then that changed, changed for the better, and i wanted to sell up and retire there with my wife when financially feasible. Now it's changed again, though nothing to do with the current shitstorm, but i've decided i won't be selling up everything as any stage, i'll always keep a base in the UK for a few reasons, and do 'long trips' to not only Thailand, but other countries, most likely the winter months.  But as they, if you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans ....But that's just me, everyone's situation and views are different, and that's fine as well. 

I just wouldn't leave it too long if things are getting worse in whatever way, it's clear, to me anyway, you haven't been happy for a while. 

Good luck, and it's good you 'talked about' what's going on. Too many bottle it all up, then it can get worse, and worse ...

• Like 4

Very honest post by the OP.  Environment can help sometimes, and meeting a nice lady also but deep down you have to be content  if not happy. ( Nobody can be happy all the time ) I am a great believer in gut reaction and like you I see Thailand now as a visitor nothing else. The way many Thais view Farang, especially in Pattaya can get to you over a period of time.

You get the way it works after a time and for me, no amount of booze, women and sun ( Pinocchio's world ) is a genuine replacement for friends and family and the activities I enjoy in the UK.  

Now not a brilliant time in the UK but elsewhere much the same if not worse.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Krapow said:

First time i've read this thread, must have been when i was on holiday, refreshingly honest, and some great replies.

@mrcharliemofo it's been clear to to me for a while you're not happy mate, judging by your posts and any conversations we have had. And i'm speaking in general terms, not just about the Thai girl where you had a specific 'issue' a while ago. 

How's things now, thread was started about a month ago by you, is it pretty much the same, though hope not worse in regards to your unhappiness, frustration, situation, mental health, whatever you want to call it. 

As has been said, Thailand will always be there. And as you have said yourself, i can't see much changing in Thailand in regards to tourists in the next 6 months, at least not for people coming from Europe or the US. So you have to make that big decision, as scary as that may or may not be. Maybe it's not scary at all, maybe you've decided, i don't know.  I don't mean scary scary, just it's obviously a huge decision for you, something you are not sure about, hence this thread. But that's natural, a big move, completely changing your life, and moving back to the UK or anywhere during this shitstorm. 

If your general situation has not improved or gotten worse, whether that be financially, mentally or whatever, then i think you know yourself what you should do. But no one can do it for you, you have to decide and 'do it'. 

Personally, in regards to Thailand, my first plan was to sell up everything and retire there as a single man. Then that changed, changed for the better, and i wanted to sell up and retire there with my wife when financially feasible. Now it's changed again, though nothing to do with the current shitstorm, but i've decided i won't be selling up everything as any stage, i'll always keep a base in the UK for a few reasons, and do 'long trips' to not only Thailand, but other countries, most likely the winter months.  But as they, if you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans ....But that's just me, everyone's situation and views are different, and that's fine as well. 

I just wouldn't leave it too long if things are getting worse in whatever way, it's clear, to me anyway, you haven't been happy for a while. 

Good luck, and it's good you 'talked about' what's going on. Too many bottle it all up, then it can get worse, and worse ...

There's a lot been going on behind the scenes here since I started this thread and surprisingly for me anyway there's been some improvements. I was sending emails and talking with my ex boss in England, I asked my sister to check out various other options and also spoke with a couple of people who did the same sort of work that I did before ( HGV 1 driver ). The general consensus of opinion from them was to stay here as the work situation there was terrible now and no-one would guarantee work, the last time I had problems getting regualar work was I think the early 90's ??

In March when this shite kicked off people over there were saying yes there's work available so if I wanted to go back I would / should be ok. At that time no-one knew what would be happening with regards to lockdowns etc so I decided to try and ride the storm a bit. Now it's clear that there's going to be no tourists here for the foreseeable future which is a bastard but I have decided to knuckle down here as it's so much cheaper to live here than England.

Just a room in a house where I used to live would be in the region of 400 quid a month so approx 16,000bt and that's just a room, no food etc, here I'm renting a house and paying all the bills for less than 9000bt. +1 for here for starters.

Going back to England now as it's heading towards winter would be horrendous, it's 25c here now and I feel chilly, last night I woke up and had to wrap the quilt around me in bed because I felt cold, imagine how I'd feel in England ?

There's other things too, my boredom level here is high but if I want to go out for a drink I can do that and not spend a great deal, that would be out of the question back home again due to costs. Same with the gym here, I'm going 5-6 times a week so it's keeping me occupied. Little chance of that in England. So another + for this place and my mental health.

So basically I'm sticking it out here, my visa finishes in June next year so I reckon by then I'll either be sold up here and ready to hop on a plane or the lunatics that are fucking up the world will have been found out and locked up themselves and tourism will be on the go again, I sound as crazy as they are now by thinking that !

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 4

8 hours ago, mrcharliemofo said:

There's a lot been going on behind the scenes here since I started this thread and surprisingly for me anyway there's been some improvements. I was sending emails and talking with my ex boss in England, I asked my sister to check out various other options and also spoke with a couple of people who did the same sort of work that I did before ( HGV 1 driver ). The general consensus of opinion from them was to stay here as the work situation there was terrible now and no-one would guarantee work, the last time I had problems getting regualar work was I think the early 90's ??

In March when this shite kicked off people over there were saying yes there's work available so if I wanted to go back I would / should be ok. At that time no-one knew what would be happening with regards to lockdowns etc so I decided to try and ride the storm a bit. Now it's clear that there's going to be no tourists here for the foreseeable future which is a bastard but I have decided to knuckle down here as it's so much cheaper to live here than England.

Just a room in a house where I used to live would be in the region of 400 quid a month so approx 16,000bt and that's just a room, no food etc, here I'm renting a house and paying all the bills for less than 9000bt. +1 for here for starters.

Going back to England now as it's heading towards winter would be horrendous, it's 25c here now and I feel chilly, last night I woke up and had to wrap the quilt around me in bed because I felt cold, imagine how I'd feel in England ?

There's other things too, my boredom level here is high but if I want to go out for a drink I can do that and not spend a great deal, that would be out of the question back home again due to costs. Same with the gym here, I'm going 5-6 times a week so it's keeping me occupied. Little chance of that in England. So another + for this place and my mental health.

So basically I'm sticking it out here, my visa finishes in June next year so I reckon by then I'll either be sold up here and ready to hop on a plane or the lunatics that are fucking up the world will have been found out and locked up themselves and tourism will be on the go again, I sound as crazy as they are now by thinking that !

Got to say this post and the opening post appear complete opposites to me.  Has something miraculous happened or have you really just found Thailand to be the better option. 

You mentioned in your OP that you were questioning reasons for staying, you missed the seasons including winter and the cold yet here now you are saying you want to avoid the cold.

I presume your location in UK would be up north where there are likely to be lockdowns that will prevent you getting a drink in a pub or visiting a gym but this is not the case all over the UK.  I am also of the opinion that as an HGV driver you would have no problem finding a job, these drivers in my area are in demand mainly because they are key workers and as such they really have not been affected as much as others during the lock downs although no doubt some companies have gone by the wayside. I myself worked as a driver for a food delivery company that went bust and I lost my job in June, our business was down due to the nature of our customer base, mainly in hospitality and corporations who had closed their doors. Still plenty of jobs if you do come back next summer though.  

I am happy that you have invested time in finding out about the UK and you make a good point about your accommodation savings so I am hopeful that you are being true to yourself and I wish you well.  If truly you are 50/50 on the situation with no leaning either way then staying put in Thailand would be the easier option. Good luck

• Great Info 1

48 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Got to say this post and the opening post appear complete opposites to me.  Has something miraculous happened or have you really just found Thailand to be the better option. 

You mentioned in your OP that you were questioning reasons for staying, you missed the seasons including winter and the cold yet here now you are saying you want to avoid the cold.

I presume your location in UK would be up north where there are likely to be lockdowns that will prevent you getting a drink in a pub or visiting a gym but this is not the case all over the UK.  I am also of the opinion that as an HGV driver you would have no problem finding a job, these drivers in my area are in demand mainly because they are key workers and as such they really have not been affected as much as others during the lock downs although no doubt some companies have gone by the wayside. I myself worked as a driver for a food delivery company that went bust and I lost my job in June, our business was down due to the nature of our customer base, mainly in hospitality and corporations who had closed their doors. Still plenty of jobs if you do come back next summer though.  

I am happy that you have invested time in finding out about the UK and you make a good point about your accommodation savings so I am hopeful that you are being true to yourself and I wish you well.  If truly you are 50/50 on the situation with no leaning either way then staying put in Thailand would be the easier option. Good luck

Yep it does appear to contradict what I said about the weather before but even so I'll stick to my guns and say I do miss the constant changes in the weather, let's compare to an ex that you had some good times with but you know that deep down although you miss her sometimes you could never go back as you'd soon get fed up with it.

Now about the driving, as I've been out of it for over 10 years there's been lots of changes in that time, first thing I need is to get a medical and from what I'm being told by other drivers is that Doctors aren't doing them, sure there are places that do them that are cheap and mobile but again from what info I'm getting is that the DVLA are clamping down on them, also current drivers are being given leeway on their medicals because of the lockdowns etc so how long would that take me to get. Then there's the CPC rules that have been brought in, in March when I was talking with my old boss he told me they were licenced to do them in house, now because of the lockdown they're being done online. 

So ok I manage to sort out a medical and the CPC and also renew my licence and apply for a new drivers card, god only knows how long that will take but it has to be done. The last work I did there when I was back there was working for mainly one agency and generally working for one or two companies, when there was no work there I'd call other agencies I was connected to and I could always find the odd day or 3 at these. Now 2 of those companies that I worked for are no more, one went bust and the other relocated ( Waitrose and Laura Ashley ), now add in that first thing any agency will ask is for employment history, mine will be good won't it, none since 2009, then add in the fact that yes agencies are advertising all around my area ( Leicestershire ) but as usual with agencies they will get you in their office, sign you up etc etc and then give you nothing.

So yes in theory it's coming up to Christmas and should be a busy time but again with all the shite going on over there no-one knows what's happening, the main agency I worked for have been honest and said yes there is work but only odd days, they wouldn't guarantee me full weeks or on-going like they used to do be able to do. Below is a screenshot from my sister in England after I asked her to ring around.

So for me the decision was made, it's cheaper to stay here than go back there and maybe have no work for however long. It's also better for my mental well being to be here where if I do start getting pissed off I can head out to any bar near me and at least have a couple of reasonably priced beers, play some pool and just get out of the house for a couple of hours, over there quite seriously that wouldn't be an option and not as much fun.

121145440_2712713572312625_9069503003920592887_n.png

Edited by mrcharliemofo
  • Like 5

18 hours ago, mrcharliemofo said:

A much more positive post than your OP, good to read.

Keep doing the gym, helps you so much, mentally and physically, i'm just back from it.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Old thread but the decision was made a couple of months back and I'm heading back to England as

A, the boredom level here for me has gone off the scale and it's hurting now

B, even if they did reopen the borders I just can't see a sustained mad rush to get back here

Now the headaches start, as I said earlier I was an HGV driver in the UK before I left and I knew that I'd have to sort things out there with regards to renewing my licence but FFS getting the correct advice is proving to be an absolute nightmare. People complain about customer service in Thailand and useless helplines but honestly I'm wondering if it's a worldwide thing as the advice I'm being given often contradicts previous advice and in some cases is just wrong. The UK government website for any sort of help is garbage although renewing my licence online was a piece of piss, why can't it all be like that ?

I've been emailing companies that are advertising the courses I need to do and in a lot of cases they just don't reply. Don't they realise they're ignoring a potential customer ? The replies I do get haven't been addressing the issues I've asked about at all and again some that actually try to answer haven't understood the question. I tried joining a forum that I found that may have some answers but for some reason it's not letting me join, again no answer from their 'contact me' page.

On top of all this is the test before I leave, booking tests in the UK, 10 days self isolation, buying a car to get around when I can't go out and all the changes that have happened since I was last in the UK.

By any chance does anyone reading this know anyone in the transport industry that isn't a moron that maybe able to give me some straight answers to questions that I have that seem pretty straight forward to me then please let me know.

The nightmare continues.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, mrcharliemofo said:

Old thread but the decision was made a couple of months back and I'm heading back to England as

B, even if they did reopen the borders I just can't see a sustained mad rush to get back here

Now the headaches start, as I said earlier I was an HGV driver in the UK before I left and I knew that I'd have to sort things out there with regards to renewing my licence but FFS getting the correct advice is proving to be an absolute nightmare. People complain about customer service in Thailand and useless helplines but honestly I'm wondering if it's a worldwide thing as the advice I'm being given often contradicts previous advice and in some cases is just wrong. The UK government website for any sort of help is garbage although renewing my licence online was a piece of piss, why can't it all be like that ?

I've been emailing companies that are advertising the courses I need to do and in a lot of cases they just don't reply. Don't they realise they're ignoring a potential customer ? The replies I do get haven't been addressing the issues I've asked about at all and again some that actually try to answer haven't understood the question. I tried joining a forum that I found that may have some answers but for some reason it's not letting me join, again no answer from their 'contact me' page.

On top of all this is the test before I leave, booking tests in the UK, 10 days self isolation, buying a car to get around when I can't go out and all the changes that have happened since I was last in the UK.

By any chance does anyone reading this know anyone in the transport industry that isn't a moron that maybe able to give me some straight answers to questions that I have that seem pretty straight forward to me then please let me know.

The nightmare continues.

Good luck!

I think Covid is an excuse for a lot of bad customer service at the moment.

Is Thailand on the red list?  Tests are easy in the UK, every c**t is offering them, nevermind the NHS ones.

The nightmare continues.

Hope it works out for you. On a positive note, you are picking a much better time to return to the UK than last winter🙂

Know zero about the transport industry- sorry. Have you tried the much decried YouTube. A simple search on HGV Drivers UK seems to bring back all the content you could ever want.

Your smart enough and have the experience I'd say to filter through all the chaff to find someone who knows what they are talking about.

Edited by Lemondropkid

8 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Good luck!

I think Covid is an excuse for a lot of bad customer service at the moment.

Is Thailand on the red list?  Tests are easy in the UK, every c**t is offering them, nevermind the NHS ones.

I have to have a test prior to flying and also book 2 tests in the UK via the government website, more expense I could do without. Thailand's not on the list due to there being no covid here ( allegedly ).

Oh and I got put onto a place down south that I called and they've explained everything to me, it was like a breath of fresh air talking to someone who knew the answers.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

Hope it works out for you. On a positive note, you are picking a much better time to return to the UK than last winter🙂

Know zero about the transport industry- sorry. Have you tried the much decried YouTube. A simple search on HGV Drivers UK seems to bring back all the content you could ever want.

Your smart enough and have the experience I'd say to filter through all the chaff to find someone who knows what they are talking about.

It was part of my plan to head back for the summer as more work available. Apparently the course I do isn't a pass or fail it's just a learning thing which to be honest I think I'll need to do as I've been out of it for a while now

The nightmare continues.

I have a good mate who was a HGV driver and recently retired. If you post a list of questions I will ask him if he can give you an answer.

Just now, boydeste said:

I have a good mate who was a HGV driver and recently retired. If you post a list of questions I will ask him if he can give you an answer.

Cheers but I'm pretty certain I've been given the answers I needed to know now and it seems quite simple, I hope !

33 minutes ago, mrcharliemofo said:

I have to have a test prior to flying and also book 2 tests in the UK via the government website, more expense I could do without. Thailand's not on the list due to there being no covid here ( allegedly ).

Oh and I got put onto a place down south that I called and they've explained everything to me, it was like a breath of fresh air talking to someone who knew the answers.

Via the Government website?   If it's NHS, they'e free. Though if it's test to release, which i think you mean, yea have to pay for now, will change probably May 17th onwards if on the green list, which Thailand will be on.

As said above, thinks are starting to open up here, we're gonna have a good Summer, not a bad time to come back

1 minute ago, Krapow said:

Via the Government website?   If it's NHS, they'e free. Though if it's test to release, which i think you mean, yea have to pay for now, will change probably May 17th onwards if on the green list, which Thailand will be on.

As said above, thinks are starting to open up here, we're gonna have a good Summer, not a bad time to come back

So true about everything changing and that's mainly the reason I'm not booking anything yet. End of this month I'll start getting serious and will get my flight booked and courses booked online to do here before I travel.

great post, and i for one couldnt see myself going back to the UK. Hope you find what your looking for in life. 

Covid has hit my wifes business hard, but im supplementing that with my money at the moment. 

I cant wait until borders reopen and i can travel for work. 

10 minutes ago, Chappo said:

great post, and i for one couldnt see myself going back to the UK. Hope you find what your looking for in life. 

Covid has hit my wifes business hard, but im supplementing that with my money at the moment. 

I cant wait until borders reopen and i can travel for work. 

I was talking to a mate in the UK earlier and he told me that his lady that has a very successful business here ( non sex related but very much tourist related ) and her business is down to around 3% of what it was this time last year and it won't be improving anytime soon.

• Thumbs Up 1

yup - our massage shop (not a sex shop but Thai massage) in Pattaya is down 80% on number of customers

pre-covid average daily customers was around 55-60

now we average 10 - 15 - its been increasing monthly as more foreigners can come in.

1 hour ago, mrcharliemofo said:

Pretty sure you're aware that flights that transit through red list countries (At April 2, Oman. Qatar, U.A.E.) require paid hotel quarantine.