A short visit to Pattaya

tko

There are enough expats living in Pattaya to support the shops catering for them, Friendship, Saimburi's and Foodmart are all at least as busy as they usually are at this time of the year, and maybe even busier. Some expats (like myself) would probably have returned home for a few months during the summer, but this year, knowing we'd have huge problems returning to Thailand, we've simply stayed put. Basically, places that depend largely on tourists are stuffed. Places, say, out on the Dark Side that cater to the local population and hardly ever see a tourist are OK. Where I live in southern South Pattaya is sort of in the middle, there are some bars and hotels that cater mainly for farang tourists, but it's primarily a residential area and there are enough expats to keep most of the local businesses ticking over, even if they're not booming.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, KWA said:

The LK Metro bar is Celona I think.  Bar Celona, almost as in the Spanish city.

I thought I was getting it wrong, so I went to kilkenny for a chicken parm and a chance to look at the bar name on the way with sober eyes.  You are correct, it is Celona.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/17/2020 at 12:34 PM, Toy Boy said:

There are enough expats living in Pattaya to support the shops catering for them,

Yea, I think so as well ... when I was there a couple weeks ago ... I think the 1st or 2nd September ... I was sitting at Prime Burger and there is a Bangkok Bank across the Soi ..

I was shocked to see the number of farangs going into the place .. and it was a constant flow for about the 2 hours while Beach gal and I was eating our food and me drinking a couple of beers ( we sat outside )

The only place where I had to put on a mask was waking into 7/11 to buy some cigs ( on Walking Street ) ... none of the bars I was in didn't care .. they were all cool .. no problems  

• Like 3

15 hours ago, tko said:

I went up stairs in KINK and went back down as quickly as I could.  I spent some time with the lookers downstairs then closed my night with the lovelies at bachelor.

This evening I'll wander soi boomerang.

Why, i think i've only heard good things about Kink?

Man, I know the quality of gals have dropped ... in Patts and BKK .. at least in the beer bars .. another story in the late night Thai clubs

I didn't see one gal when I was in Patts a couple weeks ago that I was willing to put my dick into ... maybe after about 7 - 8 hours later after pounding serious beers ( which I did ) ... but, I would still be cautious

Same in BKK ....  3 - 4 days ago .. I had to go to the US and Vietnam Embassy's .. while waiting to go to the Vietnam Embassy and after I left the US Embassy .. I stopped into Morning Night on SOi 4 .... ( Nana - lower Suk )  ,,, jeez .. all of the gals in there looked like they were  " rode hard and put away wet" .. yea .. nice smiles .. but, f**k a smile when you are looking for a quality piece of ass ... with great legs and ass ...

Guess, I am not surprised ... I know some gals here in BKK that have just gotten on line .... showing a little pussy and getting paid ... for doing nothing ..  it beats the f**k out of me why a guy would pay for on line pussy ....

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Guess, I am not surprised ... I know some gals here in BKK that have just gotten on line .... showing a little pussy and getting paid ... for doing nothing ..  it beats the f**k out of me why a guy would pay for on line pussy ....

I guess it's part of the "new world" ...

Agree with you, not many of the "princesses" on stage I would even give 500 b for....

And this goes back already a "few" years.

Beer bar girls ? Forget it. Most of them are heavier than me....😂😂😂😆😆😆😱😱😱

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Man, I know the quality of gals have dropped ... in Patts and BKK .. at least in the beer bars .. another story in the late night Thai clubs

I didn't see one gal when I was in Patts a couple weeks ago that I was willing to put my dick into ... maybe after about 7 - 8 hours later after pounding serious beers ( which I did ) ... but, I would still be cautious

Same in BKK ....  3 - 4 days ago .. I had to go to the US and Vietnam Embassy's .. while waiting to go to the Vietnam Embassy and after I left the US Embassy .. I stopped into Morning Night on SOi 4 .... ( Nana - lower Suk )  ,,, jeez .. all of the gals in there looked like they were  " rode hard and put away wet" .. yea .. nice smiles .. but, f**k a smile when you are looking for a quality piece of ass ... with great legs and ass ...

I'm seeing the opposite on LK.  There are some great lookers in the open front bars, and they're friendly.  There are plenty if slags to be sure but the ratio of younger fit types is better than it's been for quite a while.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

So yesterday I planned on soi boomerang, but while starting my evening at scooters a light rain began to fall.  I just stuck to LKM.  Scooters had balloons up, which turned out to be for luke-warm sausage rolls later in the evening.  I did a couple of circuits Scooters->Celona->Bachelors, rinse and repeat.  Kevin, the boss at Celona, is apparently pretty pleased with the lady drinks I'm buying because I don't think I paid for any of my SMLs.  It was Friday and there was an obvious increase in foot traffic on LKM and in the bars.  I again had to share a table at Celona but everywhere I looked was packed.  Except billabong, it's just too big to fill these days..

Still light rain today.  I went to smokin' joes for lunch to discover they're only opening 16:00-21:00 Fri through Sun.  The Grill next door (which is apparently also happy panda?) had a promotion for a 495Baht 250g waygu steak, but when I saw the blue cheese bacon burger on the menu I went for that.  Quite good, not cheap.

We'll see what tonight brings.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, tko said:

I'm seeing the opposite on LK.  There are some great lookers in the open front bars, and they're friendly.  There are plenty if slags to be sure but the ratio of younger fit types is better than it's been for quite a while.

I was only there for 2 - 3 days ... I guess if you look around you can find ... but, I had no such luck ... guess I was only interested in getting a belly full of beer ... and said f**k it ... plus, I am pretty particular ... if not a great ass, long legs .. nice toes and lips ... then I just say no

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Last night trade was down a bit in the open front bars.  The gogos were well attended, though.  I visited the three gogos on LKM I hadn't yet.  Crystal, Queen, and Lady Love.   Queen twice ('nuf said).

As tonight will be my last night, I'm having an early onset of post-Pattaya blues.  Which is ridiculous, because I live less than an hour from here.  LOL.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

For an update, its been pissing down all day.  On a hunch, I checked and the remaining working brain cells I have left put a folding umbrella in my bag.

I headed down to beefeaters and they're still doing the Mexican buffet.  They've lowered the price 50Baht.  Its not great Mexican, but in Muang Rayong I either have to make it myself or drive over to Ban Chang if I want Mexican.

On the way back I stopped in at Lucky beer bar.  The only one open on Dianna in the day.  Grim.  The ladys there were a little hungry, but I helped out a bit.  I was the only customer there and in Rockhouse when I stopped in after an ATM run.  There's almost no day trade, but the nights on LK have been good. 

Its the last night for me tonight.  I'll probably will stick to LKM in this weather.  soi boomerang will have to wait for next trip.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

And....  the rain stopped.  I made it to soi boomerang after all.  I went to three places.

First stop was pink baby, because they were open at 5:30pm.  My happy hour SML was 49Baht.  I expressed my surprise and the waitress pulled out drinks menus and explained things.  I bought her an expensive 170Baht lady drink, made better because it made my SML disappear from my bill.  This place is essentially a single shop gogo, with the type of girls that scared me down the stairs at KINK.  At least here they had the courtesy to keep their cloths on.

The next stop was baby boom.  Another single shop gogo but with a better line up.  I had a nice chat with the owner, a Dutch guy from Friesland.  He said he made good money off the LBs in the past, but switched to girls when the tourists vanished.  I bought a cutie a drink and enjoyed my time there.

Final stop was Golden TIme.  It is huge, and also a gogo.  Lots of girls.  I was the only customer in the first two places, as it was early, but there were many guys in Golden time,   and there was still a 5:1 ratio of girls:guys.  While talking to some of the girls, we started in on where I had lived in Thailand.  After I named the small village upcountry where I had lived, one cute dancer said "what's your wife's name?"  I told her and then she told me TW's parent's names.  I realized that she was one of the kids I bought ice cream for 10+ years ago.

We came to an agreement that neither of us had seen each other, and certainly not in Golden Time.  But anonymity was blown.  I needed say good bye to my regulars on LKM anyway, so down the road I went.  Soi boomerang, is worth a visit.  I'll go there again.

I wrapped up my night at my regular places and some road side pizza.  Britishop has called to say they can get my order to me before my taxi gets here, Yay!  Time to pack.

That's the travelogue.  I'll editorialize in a bit.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 2