What Was The Last Live Gig You Went To?.

galenkia

If I forget about tribute bands and pub gigs the last gig I went to was 7 years ago at St Davids Hall, Cardiff,to see the underrated Paul Carrack ,ex Squeeze and Mike and the Mechanics

Edited by Binlid

I saw Dr Feelgood in The Globe in Cardiff on Friday. Yes, I know they're not the original players. It was a great night made even better by the barmaid who I did my best to chat up. I thought the tickets were a bit steep at £18 and a pint of Guinness was a fiver. I'll have to get down the Globe more often. There's gigs down there about two or three times a week. We walked all the way to Caroline Street after for a curry and chips. Just like old times all those years ago.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just perusing the net as to what gigs I might just be intersted in seeing . 

Not much to be honest but one gig stood out amongst the rest . Not because of who they were but for the cost of tickets . 

Slash , ex guns n roses at Manchester Apollo early 2019.  Almost sold out according to the website I looked at . Here we are are at a small inner city venue ,total capacity about 3500.... And the cheapest ticket I can see is £147. That is for standing. Up in the circle it's £200 +! 

Fuck me ! I'm I reading this wrong or something . The same group are playing an arena in stockholm on the same tour and the tickets are about £50. 

Just wondering why the Manchester tickets are so expensive ?  

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Aqualung said:

Just perusing the net as to what gigs I might just be intersted in seeing . 

Not much to be honest but one gig stood out amongst the rest . Not because of who they were but for the cost of tickets . 

Slash , ex guns n roses at Manchester Apollo early 2019.  Almost sold out according to the website I looked at . Here we are are at a small inner city venue ,total capacity about 3500.... And the cheapest ticket I can see is £147. That is for standing. Up in the circle it's £200 +! 

Fuck me ! I'm I reading this wrong or something . The same group are playing an arena in stockholm on the same tour and the tickets are about £50. 

Just wondering why the Manchester tickets are so expensive ?  

Maybe the website you are looking at mate?

Try the actual venue website itself or official ticket sellers..

Loads of re-sell sites sell them for fortunes

Edit:

I just looked for you and it's officially sold out that's why they are fortunes on some sites it's completely wrong but allowed to go on the big sites buy them in bulk and re-sell at stupid money.

Try the Slash Facebook page sometimes real fans sell at face value 

Edited by roomark
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I saw American southern rockers, Blackberry Smoke, in the Tramshed in Cardiff last night. The place was packed out. Good set by a great band. I couldn't help thinking though that the crowd looked very old and crusty, like they had been dug up just for the occasion. 

• Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, Punter said:

I saw American southern rockers, Blackberry Smoke, in the Tramshed in Cardiff last night. The place was packed out. Good set by a great band. I couldn't help thinking though that the crowd looked very old and crusty, like they had been dug up just for the occasion. 

Love a bit of Southern Rock Myself.Blackfoot,Molly Hatchet and Lynyrd Skynyrd are faves of mine.Though not really up to date with current bands.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Punter said:

21 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Love a bit of Southern Rock Myself.Blackfoot,Molly Hatchet and Lynyrd Skynyrd are faves of mine.Though not really up to date with current bands.

Great Southern rock band, think they're from Georgia

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, galenkia said:

I saw Blackfoot at Donnington in the early 80s .great band .

always had a soft spot for Hatchet also and loved their album covers .especially " Flirtin with Disaster " . 

6 hours ago, Aqualung said:

I saw Blackfoot at Donnington in the early 80s .great band .

always had a soft spot for Hatchet also and loved their album covers .especially " Flirtin with Disaster " . 

I saw them live at Hammersmith Odeon when they were playing support over here.Forget who the headliner was,maybe Saxon or Scorpions.It was the tour they recorded for the 'Highway Song:Live' album.They were not too well known here until that album.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, galenkia said:

Love a bit of Southern Rock Myself.Blackfoot,Molly Hatchet and Lynyrd Skynyrd are faves of mine

Back in the day (1981) I went to this concert at JFK Stadium in Philly called "The Round Up." It started early in the morning and ended that late night. It featured Southern Rockers  The Outlaws, Molly Hatchet, 38 Special, Charlie Daniels Band, Marshall Tucker and The Allman Brothers. 90,000 people were there and it was unreal. 

Saw Lynyrd Skynyrd at JFK in 1977- 4 months before the plane crash. Saw Blackfoot open for Judas Priest in a small venue in 80, I think? ( my ears were ringing for 3 days) 

Synryrd and the Allman Brothers (Seen them live 14 times) are my top faves.

Don't listen to much of Southern Rock anymore, but like to every now and then. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1