What Was The Last Live Gig You Went To?.

galenkia

On 11/10/2018 at 6:36 PM, boydeste said:

Last gig for me, apart from shaggng the lovely lady herself was Lionel Richie at Nottingham in 2007.

I went along to keep my partner company and thought he was brilliant.

Fook me my memory is shot, my last gig was watching Meetloaf at the O2 Arena 5 years ago.

The last at Bat tour. He was awefull but enjoyed the whole experience non the less.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, JPK said:

Think it was noel Gallagher i'm not really sure, Going to see James on Wednesday night in Glasgow, The Charlatans are the support. Looking forward to it, The Charlatans are one of my favourite bands, i go and see them a few times each year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lo1htRcvtbU

They are playing Manchester Arena next Saturday too.. both top bands

Right back

Edited by roomark
  • Like 1

Just got home from seeing Geoff Tate and his band.Fucking awesome gig,was the same set,the Operation Mindcrime album in full plus a few Queensryche classics,that they played in May,but it was so much tighter and better.Really enjoyed it.

The support band Hellion Stone,a Bulgarian metal band,were bloody good and i bought their CD from the merch stall.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Saw Queensryche in Paris at the Monsters of Rock , with the Black Crows , Metallica and AC/DC , think it was 91

They are my favourite band,been a fan since their first 4 track 12" in 1983.Seen them live many times.Geoff does his own material now and i still see him live whenever i can.Man is a legend IMO.

This year he has been touring 30 years of the Operation Mindcrime album.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, galenkia said:

They are my favourite band,been a fan since their first 4 track 12" in 1983.Seen them live many times.Geoff does his own material now and i still see him live whenever i can.Man is a legend IMO.

This year he has been touring 30 years of the Operation Mindcrime album.

Tbh I had never heard of them before the concert , I bought Empire and Operation Mindcrime straight after  

1 minute ago, Stillearly said:

Tbh I had never heard of them before the concert , I bought Empire and Operation Mindcrime straight after  

For me 'Rage For Order' is their best album.Not a filler track on it.Mindcrime is second.Empire and Promised Land are the next best.

Silent Lucidity is a stunning song.They played a brilliant version tonight.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, galenkia said:

For me 'Rage For Order' is their best album.Not a filler track on it.Mindcrime is second.Empire and Promised Land are the next best.

Silent Lucidity is a stunning song.They played a brilliant version tonight.

Silient Lucidity was always one of my favourites, will download Rage for Order , cheers

• Thumbs Up 1

spent 90mins online on saturday,trying to buy ticket for Ed Sheeran in BKK next April..

I was in the queue from 10am.. got a chance to buy a ticket all was left was 4500 upwards,and that was to stand up...

So i sacked it off,bollocks to that..

7 minutes ago, miko said:

spent 90mins online on saturday,trying to buy ticket for Ed Sheeran in BKK next April..

I was in the queue from 10am.. got a chance to buy a ticket all was left was 4500 upwards,and that was to stand up...

So i sacked it off,bollocks to that..

Some of the gigs nowadays are silly money.Looked at ZZ Top at Wembley Arena for next summer.Was between £75 to £180.Then add travel,beers,food,merch etc.

Prefer the small venues like Camden Underworld,Kentish Town Forum etc.,saturday's Geoff Tate gig was £20.Add in beers and travel and it was still about £100.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, miko said:

Probably not a lot of change from 300 notes, nearly a flight ticket to Thailand..

The days of gigs being a cheapish night out are long gone.But with people nowadays wanting to download music for free rather than buy CD's,the bands have to hike ticket prices to make money.Its people's own fault really.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

@galenkia Alan, I am going to stick my neck out on a limb here, and think you are probably a "Metal" fan here LOL! 

My Son is 28 years old, plays guitar and his "idols" Metallica are playing tomorrow night in Sacramento.  He and his buddies are completely geeked up.

I took him and his friends when they were only 14 years old, ex wife insisted I go right? OK, Godsmack opened the show, then Metallica came down one by one from "the rafters" on wires directly on to the stage. Fuck me outstanding, all the while these flashbombs were going off!  Ever see the Wizard of OZ? Dorothy is being captured by the henchemen in the castle right? They are backing all of them into a corner right?  Her, the Lion, the Scarecrow are back peddaling. As Metallica is getting on stage, they had this big huge screen. All of a sudden, the video ends,  Hetfield, Kirk Hammet, Lars, and Trujilo come on this video, they look at these guys ( the henchmen) and say " Leave Dorothy the fuck alone Mother Fuckers"  Outstanding......they launch into " Seek and Destroy"  These guys are good. 

They are currently on a 3 year tour that stared in 2016 to support "Hardwired" They came to Asia in 2016, but the promoter here sucks, they skipped Bangkok. 

They are coming your way next summer Manchester, London June 2019? Ever seen them? They are good IMO. 

How in gods name James Hetfield can sing like this for so many tours and years and night after night is amazing. 

Video from the current tour....

https://www.metallica.com/

Edited by Yessongs
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, Yessongs said:

@galenkia Alan, I am going to stick my neck out on a limb here, and think you are probably a "Metal" fan here LOL! 

My Son is 28 years old, plays guitar and his "idols" Metallica are playing tomorrow night in Sacramento.  He and his buddies are completely geeked up.

I took him and his friends when they were only 14 years old, ex wife insisted I go right? OK, Godsmack opened the show, then Metallica came down one by one from "the rafters" on wires directly on to the stage. Fuck me outstanding, all the while these flashbombs were going off!  Ever see the Wizard of OZ? Dorothy is being captured by the henchemen in the castle right? They are backing all of them into a corner right?  Her, the Lion, the Scarecrow are back peddaling. As Metallica is getting on stage, they had this big huge screen. All of a sudden, the video ends,  Hetfield, Kirk Hammet, Lars, and Trujilo come on this video, they look at these guys ( the henchmen) and say " Leave Dorothy the fuck alone Mother Fuckers"  Outstanding......they launch into " Seek and Destroy"  These guys are good. 

They are currently on a 3 year tour that stared in 2016 to support "Hardwired" They came to Asia in 2016, but the promoter here sucks, they skipped Bangkok. 

They are coming your way next summer Manchester, London June 2019? Ever seen them? They are good IMO. 

How in gods name James Hetfield can sing like this for so many tours and years and night after night is amazing. 

Video from the current tour....

https://www.metallica.com/

Saw Metallica years back before they became a stadium band.Great live band.Saw Godsmack first when their debut album came out about 1999,it was their first UK tour and they were supporting Megadeth.Seen them a couple of times since.Got a ticket to see them again in feburary,it is a rearranged date after they had to cancel the one last month.

Interesting story about Godsmack.A mate of mine has relations in Boston and his cousin went to school with 2 of the band members,and it was through him i got to hear about the band and been a fan ever since.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

Saw Metallica years back before they became a stadium band.Great live band.Saw Godsmack first when their debut album came out about 1999,it was their first UK tour and they were supporting Megadeth.Seen them a couple of times since.Got a ticket to see them again in feburary,it is a rearranged date after they had to cancel the one last month.

Interesting story about Godsmack.A mate of mine has relations in Boston and his cousin went to school with 2 of the band members,and it was through him i got to hear about the band and been a fan ever since.

Godsmack is a headliner for this show? Cool...

• Thumbs Up 1

Feel like I was at one last night and it was awful. They have recently opened an outdoor concert arena that can seat 60K people, (yes 60K) next to DCSHOW Mall on Rama 9. My living room, and 2 of the 3 bedrooms on 12th floor are in direct line, maybe 3/4 a KM  towards the Sukhumvit. Probably one of few places in downtown Bangkok now where you wouldn't have a whole bunch of glass and steel buildings between you and something 3/4 a KM away. Last night I think they had their second act at the new arena, nothing big, probably 5K pax or less attended, but with the gentle breeze blowing the right direction, sitting in my living room with the deck doors open we might as well been inside the arena. And the music was HORRIBLE!

• 3 months later...
5 minutes ago, Punter said:

Just wanted to say that I'm going to see Black Grape with Shaun Ryder in the Tramshed in Cardiff in about three hours from now.

Brilliant!

Seen them in Belfast years ago, indeed partied with them afterwards as was friends with one of the Door staff who were all invited. 

Could've went to Dublin with them the next day, but don't think my mental state would've survived it 😁

1 minute ago, Krapow said:

Brilliant!

Seen them in Belfast years ago, indeed partied with them afterwards as was friends with one of the Door staff who were all invited. 

Could've went to Dublin with them the next day, but don't think my mental state would've survived it 😁

Nice one. I want to see the Happy Mondays too if I get a chance. They were at Victorious Festival in Plymouth last summer but I couldn't make it down there. Hope I get a chance before it's too late.

I have seen many sporting events in my day, but never seen a musical act in an indoor arena, just a Woodstock type outdoor collection in 1999 called Vans Warped Tour. Have started to feel real bad about that. I have about 10 pairs of tickets for Elton John in 3 cities come next fall, I assume that will be my first concert