What Was The Last Live Gig You Went To?.

galenkia

Just now, Punter said:

Nice one. I want to see the Happy Mondays too if I get a chance. They were at Victorious Festival in Plymouth last summer but I couldn't make it down there. Hope I get a chance before it's too late.

Yea, seen the Mondays a few times, mostly at festivals, though not in their 'hay day'. 

He's done well has Shaun, sorted himself out well. 

1 minute ago, Punter said:

Nice one. I want to see the Happy Mondays too if I get a chance. They were at Victorious Festival in Plymouth last summer but I couldn't make it down there. Hope I get a chance before it's too late.

Loved The Mondays back in the day and still like them now , but let's be honest Bez at the front stage now bouncing round with his Marakas looks like someone's grandad jumped up on stage nowadays 🤣🤣🤣

Just now, roomark said:

Loved The Mondays back in the day and still like them now , but let's be honest Bez at the front stage now bouncing round with his Marakas looks like someone's grandad jumped up on stage nowadays 🤣🤣🤣

I know. I've seen stuff on YouTube and they do look a bit ridiculous but I never saw them back in the day and regret it now.

Just now, Punter said:

I know. I've seen stuff on YouTube and they do look a bit ridiculous but I never saw them back in the day and regret it now.

I'll be honest it was organised chaos , shite live but just one massive party.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, roomark said:

I'll be honest it was organised chaos , shite live but just one massive party.

Yea, I remember it was like footie practice at one festival, Bez encouraging people to throw plastic water bottles at them on stage, and he'd boot them back.

Chaos, but all in good spirit, just a big party as you say.

51Jz7%2Bzra4L._SX321_BO1,204,203,200_.jp

I read this a couple of years ago. It makes Keith Richards seem like choir boy, which he actually was at one time.  The story of The Mondays playing in Glastonbury in 1990 is absolutely mind blowing.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I think my first real live gig and my last may well have both featured The Rolling Stones.

The first was at the Crawddady  in Twickenham a zillion years ago when I was still at School and the last when they performed in Bangkok.

I was being taken to both the Crawdaddy and Eel Pie Island where a local geezer called Rod Stewart was playing guitar for the Steam Packet.

16 hours ago, Punter said:

Just wanted to say that I'm going to see Black Grape with Shaun Ryder in the Tramshed in Cardiff in about three hours from now.

I must be  getting old (actually am old) as I have never heard of anybody you have just mentioned.

7 minutes ago, Jambo said:

I think my first real live gig and my last may well have both featured The Rolling Stones.

The first was at the Crawddady  in Twickenham a zillion years ago when I was still at School and the last when they performed in Bangkok.

I was being taken to both the Crawdaddy and Eel Pie Island where a local geezer called Rod Stewart was playing guitar for the Steam Packet.

Eel Pie Island, the start of many a big band.

Had a walk around there a few months back, very eclectic bunch of properties still there. I did see the Edgar Broughton band in '69 but never got to see other bigger bands.

Great place to start a walk along the tow path to Richmond especially when with the wee one feeding the ducks and swans.

Last band I saw live was AC/DC at the O2, must have been 10 years back.

• Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, Jambo said:

That's really something special.

Black Grape at the Tramshed, Cardiff, last night.

IMG_20190315_200603057.jpg

Not the best photo I've ever taken

IMG_20190315_201155593.jpg

The support band were quite good but I was thinking the 90s is a hard act to follow.

IMG_20190315_210915758.jpg

In the name of The Father and The Holy Ghost. Why is there always somebody six inches taller me standing right in front of me at gigs?

IMG_20190315_212035779.jpg

Jesus was a black man. No Jesus is Batman.

IMG_20190315_211637754.jpg

Say no more.

IMG_20190315_212034237_BURST001.jpg

E used to be a raver. Now E's a vaper.

IMG_20190315_220237355.jpg

It all got a bit 1970s Rock God at the end.

IMG_20190315_220636802.jpg

It was all over by 10 in time for Shaun's beauty sleep. Three pints of lager and I was home by 11. Great gig though.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Got tickets for Alice in Chains at Wembley Arena in May. Saw them twice before in 1993 with Lane Stayley on vocals they were awesome. Looking forward to seeing them with James Duval. Also got tickets for Hawkwind seen them Approx 50 times.

• Like 1

For me, that would be Plum Busby at the Hideaway in Streatham about three months ago.  I've known the lead singer for longer than a lady would want to admit.  Actually, they are good fun and well worth a visit if you can get there easily..  The Sunday Lunch is  good, too.

My last gig was the Small Fakers doing Ogdens Nut Gone Flake at the 100 Club in Oxford Street a few months ago.They're a superb Small Faces tribute band.

Going to see Savoy Brown in Putney & Tedeschi Trucks Band at the London Palladium later this month.

My first gig was Pink Floyd & the Edgar Broughton Band in a free concert in Hyde Park in 1970.

There's been a lot in between.

Edited by coxyhog
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Scottie said:

I saw Small Faces years ago in Birmingham.Lead singer Rod Stewart.

Second act was Roy Orbison.Fantastic.

With Rod Stewart they were The Faces,different group.

Roy Orbison I'd have loved to see.

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 8:16 AM, Binlid said:

Besides Tribute bands and pub cover bands Paul Carrick would have been the last proper gig I went to at St Davids Hall here in Cardiff.

Damn, he is good. What a great song.

Thanks for posting that.

• Thumbs Up 1