What Was The Last Live Gig You Went To?.

galenkia

Went to the Kentish Town Forum friday before last to see some rock bands.Headliners were The Quireboys and also on were Swedish band H.E.A.T.,Aaron Buchanan And The Cult Classics,and Those Damn Crows.Really good night.

Got a few more lined up as have tickets for Level 42,Godsmack,Geoff Tate and Doro over the next few months.Can't beat a good live gig.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Went to the Kentish Town Forum friday before last to see some rock bands.Headliners were The Quireboys and also on were Swedish band H.E.A.T.,Aaron Buchanan And The Cult Classics,and Those Damn Crows.Really good night.

Got a few more lined up as have tickets for Level 42,Godsmack,Geoff Tate and Doro over the next few months.Can't beat a good live gig.

I often go to a place not far from  me called the Boom Boom club, where they have lots of live bands, many of them are tribute bands but quite good. Only a small place but its well done out and a cheap bar, 

The last major live gig I went to was at O2 to see Rod Stuart, Must be about 3 years ago now. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

I often go to a place not far from  me called the Boom Boom club, where they have lots of live bands, many of them are tribute bands but quite good. Only a small place but its well done out and a cheap bar, 

The last major live gig I went to was at O2 to see Rod Stuart, Must be about 3 years ago now. 

I saw a great Thin Lizzy tribute band called Limehouse Lizzy earlier this year.There are some really good ones about.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bigstuy75 said:

may 2017, guns n roses, slane castle , ireland

metallica have been confirmed as next years act, might have to go

Tickets go on sale this week for Metallica at Etihad Manchester stadium and Twickenham rugby ground.Not sure of prices but gonna be top dollar no doubt.Got Ghost supporting them who i like a lot.Though many will probably get snapped up by people looking to resell for silly money.

Just now, galenkia said:

Tickets go on sale this week for Metallica at Etihad Manchester stadium and Twickenham rugby ground.Not sure of prices but gonna be top dollar no doubt.Got Ghost supporting them who i like a lot.Though many will probably get snapped up by people looking to resell for silly money.

for slane tickets are usually between 85-100 euro, no support act mentioned yet but usually a good international band and one or 2 irish bands

• Thumbs Up 1

Happy Mondays and The Farm at a one day festival thing down near Balham last summer. 

There were other bands as well, though that's who I specifically went to see. 

Hit Bez with a half empty water bottle, everyone was launching them at him on stage, and he was having fun booting them back into the crowd. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

June I saw Jay Z and Beyonce at The Etihad and got upgraded to Club Carter (front stage VIP) never seen so many good looking people 😂😂🤣🤣🤣

A few weeks later I went to see Roger Waters (Pink Floyd) at The Manchester Arena I had a spare for that too, four rows from the front but no one wanted to come because it was midweek and the same day as the England game.

Both gigs brilliant.

Screenshot_20180614-104240_Gallery.jpg

20180613_202925.jpg

Edited by roomark
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Krapow said:

Happy Mondays and The Farm at a one day festival thing down near Balham last summer. 

There were other bands as well, though that's who I specifically went to see. 

Hit Bez with a half empty water bottle, everyone was launching them at him on stage, and he was having fun booting them back into the crowd. 

Saw The Mondays in 90 and 93 and I do follow their FB page, but I saw a pic of Bez now shaking his Marracas and WOW it looks like someone's Grandad up on stage trying to bounce about looked strangely wrong 🤣🤣🤣

Loved them in the day though

1 hour ago, roomark said:

Saw The Mondays in 90 and 93 and I do follow their FB page, but I saw a pic of Bez now shaking his Marracas and WOW it looks like someone's Grandad up on stage trying to bounce about looked strangely wrong 🤣🤣🤣

Loved them in the day though

He was enjoying himself thst, day, urging people to launch the plastic bottles, then booting them back. :D

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, galenkia said:

I saw a great Thin Lizzy tribute band called Limehouse Lizzy earlier this year.There are some really good ones about.

Seen them twice now Gal here in Cardiff, brilliant show. That lead singers arms are like tree trunks. There`s a great Fleetwood Mac Tribute band called Rumours of Fleetwood Mac, they tour the theatres every year.

• Thumbs Up 1

51 minutes ago, Binlid said:

Seen them twice now Gal here in Cardiff, brilliant show. That lead singers arms are like tree trunks. There`s a great Fleetwood Mac Tribute band called Rumours of Fleetwood Mac, they tour the theatres every year.

Seen them at in Belfast at Xmas about 4 years ago.

They were very good alright. My mum loves them, goes to see them all the time, and she's a proper big Mac fan.

• Thumbs Up 1

52 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Seen them at in Belfast at Xmas about 4 years ago.

They were very good alright. My mum loves them, goes to see them all the time, and she's a proper big Mac fan.

Always wanted to see Fleetwood Mac around the Tango In The Night period,they were making some top music then.

23 hours ago, galenkia said:

Went to see an 80's cover band at the weekend, great craic.

• Thumbs Up 1

Same as Roomark .....Roger Waters in Manchester . My mate has some sort of bone disease and what is normally a 5 minute walk from the car park to the venue entrance took 40 minutes . I had to have my arm around him all the way there and all the way back . We both loved the gig and when I got him home he told me he would take his walking frame next time ! Wtf ! Bit like that character played by Matt Lucas . " yea I know " .

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Aqualung said:

Same as Roomark .....Roger Waters in Manchester . My mate has some sort of bone disease and what is normally a 5 minute walk from the car park to the venue entrance took 40 minutes . I had to have my arm around him all the way there and all the way back . We both loved the gig and when I got him home he told me he would take his walking frame next time ! Wtf ! Bit like that character played by Matt Lucas . " yea I know " .

I parked on the arena itself that day pre-booked it and turned up at 3pm because someone was meant to be buying my ticket off FB he then called me to say he couldn't make it 😭😭😭

I wouldn't mind I turned down £95 on E Bay like a dick.

I asked a tout in the end and he offered me £10 so I told him to f*** off and kept it in my pocket still got it to this day lol

The concert was good, but not £220 worth haha.

• Like 1

I saw Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds and Paul Weller at Bristol Downs a few weeks ago.

I've seen the Stone twice this year, once in Cardiff and then again at Twickenham.

Seeing Dr Feelgood in three weeks of so. Yes, I know none of present players are from the original band.

Got tickets to see Blackberry Smoke in the Tramshed in Cardiff in a couple of months. If no one here has ever heard of them, they're brilliant.

• Like 3