What Was The Last Live Gig You Went To?.

galenkia

• 4 months later...

Off to the Camden Underworld this afternoon to see Geoff Tate again.First gig in a fair few months,not really been anything on i fancied.

Then back there again saturday evening to see Blaze Bayley as its my birthday sunday,so an early birthday night out.

@Krapow will be pleased to see me back out with the Camden goth gang.😀

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Off to the Camden Underworld this afternoon to see Geoff Tate again.First gig in a fair few months,not really been anything on i fancied.

Then back there again saturday evening to see Blaze Bayley as its my birthday sunday,so an early birthday night out.

Happy Birthday for Sunday.

Post a photo of you with the goth gang. 🤣

• Thumbs Up 1

43 minutes ago, galenkia said:

38 minutes ago, Jambo said:

Happy Birthday for Sunday.

Post a photo of you with the goth gang. 🤣

He'll be hard to miss, wearing his favourite boots!

81kFsKUlfSL._SR500,500_.jpg

• Haha 2

This summer Tears For Fears ..

Going to Liam Gallagher in November in Liverpool (would have preferred Manchester but missed out)

Tried to get tickets this morn for his concert next month at The Ritz Manchester (small venue) not a sniff sold out in seconds.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, roomark said:

This summer Tears For Fears ..

Going to Liam Gallagher in November in Liverpool (would have preferred Manchester but missed out)

Tried to get tickets this morn for his concert next month at The Ritz Manchester (small venue) not a sniff sold out in seconds.

Tried to get tickets for Sleep Token at the Camden Underworld but sold out straight away,only a 500 capacity venue.On the wait list but doubt i'll get a ticket as they don't play that often so tickets are like gold dust among fans.

56 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Tried to get tickets for Sleep Token at the Camden Underworld but sold out straight away,only a 500 capacity venue.On the wait list but doubt i'll get a ticket as they don't play that often so tickets are like gold dust among fans.

Best concerts the small venues, though I do like the new Arenas now too if you end up with decent seats / standing.

Edit...

Didn't really know anything about Sleep Token , but just had a quick look on YT ..

Gotta say first listen that's pretty fucking good...

Edited by roomark
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, misteregg said:

Jerry Sinefeld, 2011 o2 arena

I thought it was just music but I saw Dara o'Briain in 2011, absolutely brilliant,he doesn't even have an act, he just talks to his audience and takes the piss out of it. The guy is a genius, watch him on YouTube

• Like 1

8 hours ago, roomark said:

Best concerts the small venues, though I do like the new Arenas now too if you end up with decent seats / standing.

Edit...

Didn't really know anything about Sleep Token , but just had a quick look on YT ..

Gotta say first listen that's pretty fucking good...

That's a fairly typical sounding song of theirs,but they do some great ballads as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think the only band I would pay good money to see nowadays is Tool. All my past faves have either retired or split up or are just touring for the money. 

And my fave of all time Kate Bush won't ever go north of Hammersmith feckin Odeon. Plus she's a fat cnut now so I'll stick to her earlier wankworthy stuff kop khun khrap. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, misteregg said:

Understand. I don’t think I’ve been to any concerts in about 15 years or so. Don’t like live music. Think the last was Barry White in early 2000’s.

The only ones I've been to recently are Legends gigs - such as  Spandau , Frankie , Marc Almond , Five Star , Human League ... was fun though 

i saw rammstein at milton keynes in july.just got tickets to see the metallica s/m2 concert in local cinemas around the world on 9th october.but also got slipknot ozzy osbourne babymetal and rammstien again in june on my birthday at coventry rest are in manchester.

• Like 1

Some good gigs you all have been to see recently......Yes, Asia and John Lodge was in July ( yeah I know, old progressive music is for hacks like me LOL!) 

Taking Rachanee to see the final Kiss tour Sept 16th here.....should be good, the critics hate them, but their farewell show looks outstanding. 

My Son is going to see Metallica Sept 8th here at the new Chase Center San Francisco. Eric Clapton, The Who, Elton John are all coming to the new Warriors Arena also. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Some good gigs you all have been to see recently......Yes, Asia and John Lodge was in July ( yeah I know, old progressive music is for hacks like me LOL!) 

Taking Rachanee to see the final Kiss tour Sept 16th here.....should be good, the critics hate them, but their farewell show looks outstanding. 

My Son is going to see Metallica Sept 8th here at the new Chase Center San Francisco. Eric Clapton, The Who, Elton John are all coming to the new Warriors Arena also. 

Last saw Kiss when the original members reunited for the Psycho Circus album and tour,was '99 i think.

Been a fan of theirs for nearly 40 years.They get slated by critics as you say,but they always put on a great show and its great entertainment.

• Like 1