What Was The Last Live Gig You Went To?.

galenkia

On 9/26/2018 at 7:51 PM, Punter said:

I saw Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds and Paul Weller at Bristol Downs a few weeks ago.

Was gonna go see Liam in August with Richard Ashcroft at Manchester Cricket Club , but it was the day before my son's birthday so decided against it I wouldn't have been able to function the day after 😂

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

Just found out that Metallica will play the Etihad in Manchester . 

Just found out the ticket price plus the booking fee will be £100 + 

just decided my days of paying silly money for gigs has ended ! 

Playing Twickenham as well but i ain't paying that sort of dough.Great band but some prices are silly.Marillion played the Reading Hexagon by me earlier this year,not a big venue,but tickets still sold out at £75!.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

Just found out that Metallica will play the Etihad in Manchester . 

Just found out the ticket price plus the booking fee will be £100 + 

just decided my days of paying silly money for gigs has ended ! 

Reckon your gonna pay that for most big names now mate especially in somewhere like The Etihad (I watched JZ Beyonce there in June) 

Don't make any money from records/cd's anymore so charge fortunes for concerts.

1 minute ago, roomark said:

Yeah,most people don't wanna buy music so the only way they can make money is concerts and merchandise.I'm old school and still buy CD's as i think the artist deserves to be paid for their work.Would be like us not getting paid at work at the end of the week.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, galenkia said:

Yeah,most people don't wanna buy music so the only way they can make money is concerts and merchandise.I'm old school and still buy CD's as i think the artist deserves to be paid for their work.Would be like us not getting paid at work at the end of the week.

If it's someone I really like I'd rather have the CD..

Used to be all part of it reading the inner sleeve on the vinyl (or cd) with downloads you own nothing .

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, roomark said:

Reckon your gonna pay that for most big names now mate especially in somewhere like The Etihad (I watched JZ Beyonce there in June) 

I appreciate that Roo but Christ , these guys are multi millionaires already and the thought of me paying £100 and more for what would be standing tickets is too much. 

Added the cost of a few beers and maybe a t shirt ....that's a third of a decent priced plane ticket to bkk! , or at least 2 trips to sweden for me. 

Just now, roomark said:

If it's someone I really like I'd rather have the CD..

Used to be all part of it reading the inner sleeve on the vinyl (or cd) with downloads you own nothing .

Love the old gatefold LP's with all the great artwork and pics,lyric sheet inside.I think downloads are why music has become throwaway to youngsters as they don't get that connection through having the physical album in your hands.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

I appreciate that Roo but Christ , these guys are multi millionaires already and the thought of me paying £100 and more for what would be standing tickets is too much. 

Added the cost of a few beers and maybe a t shirt ....that's a third of a decent priced plane ticket to bkk! , or at least 2 trips to sweden for me. 

You're right of course especially if you have to stay over too add in fuel, train fair , hotel (in Manchester they charge near double when there is someone decent on in town too) 

I think it's more the promoters that have a say in the ticket prices etc too

Edited by roomark
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, galenkia said:

Love the old gatefold LP's with all the great artwork and pics,lyric sheet inside.I think downloads are why music has become throwaway to youngsters as they don't get that connection through having the physical album in your hands.

Me too ...got the Clash " I fought the law" in a gate fold sleeve and on coloured vinyl aswell. Nearly jizzed my kex when I opened it .

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Aqualung said:

Me too ...got the Clash " I fought the law" in a gate fold sleeve and on coloured vinyl aswell. Nearly jizzed my kex when I opened it .

Had a load of old picture disc singles and albums too.Reckon some would be worth a few quid now like Iron Maiden's 'Number Of The Beast' LP for example.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, galenkia said:

Had a load of old picture disc singles and albums too.Reckon some would be worth a few quid now like Iron Maiden's 'Number Of The Beast' LP for example.

Aye, I've never mind the bollocks on picture disk.

Loads of early punk vinyl, stuff like 'Love will tear us apart' original picture cover etc. No idea if they are worth anything. 

On 9/27/2018 at 7:56 PM, roomark said:

Was gonna go see Liam in August with Richard Ashcroft at Manchester Cricket Club , but it was the day before my son's birthday so decided against it I wouldn't have been able to function the day after 😂

I saw Liam at Reading last  year. Great. It got me back into Oasis after hardly listening to them since the end of the last century. Apparently Noel and Liam have been offered a massive amount to reform for one gig in Ireland. We'll see. Liam wants it despite all the insults he hurls at Noel through social media. 

I'd love to see Richard Ashcroft. I was listening to The Verve's Urban Hymns last night. I put it on as soon as I got back from work. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, galenkia said:

Back in my youth i used to (attempt to) play bass,and Mark King,along with Geddy Lee of Rush,were my bass heroes.Never seen Mark play live before and he is such a brilliant musician.

Yeah he was a brilliant bass player I'm not really into 80s bands that much because a lot of it sounds shite now, but L42 has stood the test of time no doubt.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, roomark said:

Yeah he was a brilliant bass player I'm not really into 80s bands that much because a lot of it sounds shite now, but L42 has stood the test of time no doubt.

We listen to Heart 80's a fair bit on the radio at work but you pretty much never hear a Level 42 song on there.

Go figure.