What Was The Last Live Gig You Went To?.

galenkia

Went to see this band for the umpteenth time last year,the best Mac Tribute band on the planet, just an incredible group of musicians.All the way back to the Peter Green era to present day.

Edited by Binlid
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Last concert I went to must have been Cradle of Filth in Aarhus, either at Voxhall or Train. At least 10 years ago.

Never been much of a concert goer. Most of the concerts I have been to was back when I was still at university. Mostly metal. 

Besides Cradle of Filth, I have seen Paradise Lost (3 times), King Diamond, Henry Rollins Band, HIM, Fear Factory, Nina Hagen, Carpark North, Type O Negative, Rockbitch (no I didn't get the golden condom), The Rasmus, Katatonia, Einherjer, Konkhra, Illdisposed.

10% chance I go see Amon Amarth in december.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lirchenfeld said:

Last concert I went to must have been Cradle of Filth in Aarhus, either at Voxhall or Train. At least 10 years ago.

Never been much of a concert goer. Most of the concerts I have been to was back when I was still at university. Mostly metal. 

Besides Cradle of Filth, I have seen Paradise Lost (3 times), King Diamond, Henry Rollins Band, HIM, Fear Factory, Nina Hagen, Carpark North, Type O Negative, Rockbitch (no I didn't get the golden condom), The Rasmus, Katatonia, Einherjer, Konkhra, Illdisposed.

Henry Rollins Band is the only one I've heard from all of that. lol

Edited by Glasseye

On 9/1/2019 at 5:04 PM, Binlid said:

Went to see this band for the umpteenth time last year,the best Mac Tribute band on the planet, just an incredible group of musicians.All the way back to the Peter Green era to present day.

Saw FM live twice back in the 80/90's at Wembley Arena, just brill. I too share your views on some tribute bands, they are so good, even look like the real thing.

On 9/3/2019 at 3:03 AM, Lirchenfeld said:

On 9/3/2019 at 3:12 AM, Glasseye said:

Henry Rollins Band is the only one I've heard from all of that. lol

I've never heard of any of em, but i was never into metal bands so no surprise.

• 3 weeks later...

Got an email to say the gig i was due to go to mid October featuring Saxon,Girlschool,Diamond Head and Krokus has been cancelled.Saxon singer Biff Byford needs a heart operation so a new date has been set for late March.

Gutted,but you forget how old these band members are.Most are 60's upwards so are getting on a bit and the rock star life takes its toll.

Get well soon Biff.👍

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

6 hours ago, Tj916 said:

God that makes me feel old.

Saw Saxon on the wheels of steel tour and the first monsters of rock at Donnington.

I was still at school.

Get well soon Biff.

👍👍👍

Saw them first on the Denim and Leather tour.Loudest band i had ever heard,could not hear for about 3 days.

Gigs don't seem anywhere near as loud these days as they used to be.Guess health and safety have had their say on noise levels.

6 hours ago, galenkia said:

Saw them first on the Denim and Leather tour.Loudest band i had ever heard,could not hear for about 3 days.

Gigs don't seem anywhere near as loud these days as they used to be.Guess health and safety have had their say on noise levels.

Yeah I think everyone was trying to outdo Motörhead at the time.

I think Hawkwind funnily enough was the loudest for me. Same as you couldn’t hear a thing for days.

• Like 1

On 9/25/2019 at 1:22 AM, galenkia said:

The loudest (and I believe first and only concert I've left early) was Quicksilver Messenger Service. At the Arie Crowne Theatre Chicago Illinois, early 70's. So loud it hurt.

Was supposed to go see Elton tonight, the tickets were not selling well on StubHub. But concert is in Edmonton 180 miles away and we just got our first snowfall, would not have been a fun drive, especially the return. Just as I woke up checked my email and they had sold, still doubled my money. So I’m sad but happy at the same time.

The ticket business can be very strange. There were less than 200 pairs of tickets left a week ago, but the better seats just were not selling. I’ve seen events where 3,000 seats are up for grabs and my seats sold 4 months out. Oh well, people came to their senses and realised sellers weren’t going to drop their prices any more. 

Have a free Cineplex ticket that’s only good for today, think I’ll go see Rambo

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Was supposed to go see Elton tonight, the tickets were not selling well on StubHub. But concert is in Edmonton 180 miles away and we just got our first snowfall, would not have been a fun drive, especially the return. Just as I woke up checked my email and they had sold, still doubled my money. So I’m sad but happy at the same time.

The ticket business can be very strange. There were less than 200 pairs of tickets left a week ago, but the better seats just were not selling. I’ve seen events where 3,000 seats are up for grabs and my seats sold 4 months out. Oh well, people came to their senses and realised sellers weren’t going to drop their prices any more. 

Have a free Cineplex ticket that’s only good for today, think I’ll go see Rambo

The way Elton travels.... he ought to just set up a Vegas show like Britney Spears. Shit, the guy must be about 80.

• Haha 1

Off to this with a mate next month,booked it a few months back.£220 for 3 nights accommodation including tickets..Gutted to see ex Twisted Sister singer Dee Snider has been replaced with fucking Brit Pop band Reef!!!.

Before that have Kissin' Dynamite at the Camden Underworld on the 18th of this month.

HRHXIII-Lineup-LR-Blank.jpg

Edited by galenkia

• 2 weeks later...