Sriracha

Sea-Hawks

Most people go there for the famous zoo. Tigers and elephants but scandal ridden place as they were breeding them round the back for the Chinese market. Massive place and you can also see the famous scorpion ladies.

Some BMs on here will remember the legendary Thip from Secrets ...(in Germany lesbianed up now I believe??).

She showed me pics of her body covered in scorpions. She used to work there.

Sri Racha is a nice area and Thais say best pineapples (sapparot) in the world. Also the site for the famous hot sauce.

Its in a lush verdant area but the town itself is like most small Thai towns pretty dull. One night would suffice but yes worth a side trip IMHO.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, tommy dee said:

behind robinsons, the road leads to the harbour, take the ferry to ko si chang.  its a lovely unspoilt island

so to eleaborate a little,  the ferry is a few baht, you arrive and rent a bike.  there is a cave witha buddhist background worth a a peep, and then the roard runs around the island.  on the far side are ace beaches very quiet.  and you can grab food there too.  nice for a day out , you wont be disappointed.  IMHO  way above ko larn as never made it with the chinx, mainly thai visitors even before covid

• Like 1
  • Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

It's got two good, international hospitals, Phyathai and Samitivej. Phyathai is cheap and cheerful while Samitivej is favoured by the local Jap expats in Sri Racha and so is more expensive. They both have offers on, though, I needed a scan a few years back and Samitivej did it for less than half the cost of anywhere else. Once you've sorted out your medical issues, like Tom said, head for Ko Si Chang. At busy times of the day, Sukhumvit in Sri Racha resembles a parking lot, nothing but traffic lights that are mostly red and seem very reluctant to change colour.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I went there once never again, exploitation of animals is there name of the game.

That's why I have avoided it the last 25+ years (NB: I haven't been to Thailand every year in that period, but I used to go twice a year between 1995 and 2001).

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, Toy Boy said:

It's got two good, international hospitals, Phyathai and Samitivej. Phyathai is cheap and cheerful while Samitivej is favoured by the local Jap expats in Sri Racha and so is more expensive. They both have offers on, though, I needed a scan a few years back and Samitivej did it for less than half the cost of anywhere else. Once you've sorted out your medical issues, like Tom said, head for Ko Si Chang. At busy times of the day, Sukhumvit in Sri Racha resembles a parking lot, nothing but traffic lights that are mostly red and seem very reluctant to change colour.

And a fantastic government hospital as well just ask my 13 year old replaced hips.

• Thumbs Up 2

56 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

And a fantastic government hospital as well just ask my 13 year old replaced hips.

Nothing wrong with the standard of care in government hospitals Larry, the only problem they have is overcrowding because there are not enough of them. The government is too busy buying submarines to worry about the real things that matter to the PEOPLE.

As for them f****** private bill padding hospitals.......😠

Edited by Pumpuynarak