Forum Passwords

john luke

Gents

There have been several recent attempts made to log into this forum. Existing members' user names are being used and then attempts are made to identify the correct password. The forum software will automatically identify attempts to log on where an incorrect password is used on three occasions.

At the present time there is no evidence to identify any particular person or group as being responsible.

Could I please suggest that if any members here use the same password on this forum as they do (or indeed did) on any other Thailand based forums that they change their password as a matter of urgency.

Thanks.

John

• Like 1
  • Great Info 3

1 hour ago, Thai Spice said:

Usual suspects....

But who knows, in those days of boredom ? 

BTW, when you create new topics, consider amateurs like me and dont put them all in Advanced. Merçi.

Sorry Spicy, I always put them in Advanced, as the way the forum is set up, you can read anything that isn't in Advanced or higher without even joining. 

I don't agree with it, but, i'm just a mere poster ...

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, fygjam said:

It would significantly aid speculation if admin/mods provided the board names being attempted and the source IP address(es) of the hacker(s).

thats not as easy as it might look, invision is sending us the IPs as its not part of the back end.  only way I can tellis if someone reports that they have had it happen, then I can check the IPs used to try and access their account

board names arent a problem, but will leave till weekend then list as we delete them

cheers

• 4 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, fifelad55 said:

I have tried to change  my password but cannot remember my existing one - my browser logs me in automatically - I'm the only person who uses this pc - how do I proceed please?

Thanks

Alan

Can only answer of how it works for me using Chrome. If I clear the browser history, I then have to re-enter my password.

Do note though that for me this also clears out most of my passwords from other sites. I do use Google's password manager so my passwords are completely lost. Find using a password manager takes away my need to remember them, or worse write them down.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, fifelad55 said:

I have tried to change  my password but cannot remember my existing one - my browser logs me in automatically - I'm the only person who uses this pc - how do I proceed please?

Sign out manually and try to sign in again.  You should see a "Forgot your password?" prompt.  Try that and see what happens.

image.png

1 hour ago, fifelad55 said:

Thanks

Alan

new password emailed to you.  with instructions

• Like 1