I'll have some of this........

Pumpuynarak

AC/DC reunite, featuring three former members

By Ben Beaumont-Thomas

1192.jpg

The re-formed lineup of AC/DC. Photograph: AC/DC /Instagram

AC/DC have announced a reunion, featuring members who had left the classic rock band in recent years.

A new post on their Instagram account depicts vocalist Brian Johnson, bassist Cliff Williams and drummer Phil Rudd, all of whom had previously departed.

Johnson had been the band’s frontman since 1980, following the death of original singer Bon Scott, but had quit in 2016 due to hearing loss; Williams retired in 2017.

It’s Rudd’s third stint in the Australian band, first playing from 1975 to 1983, then rejoining in 1994.

Full Story: https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/oct/01/acdc-reunite-featuring-three-former-members

Now what are the chances that they'll do a Bangkok venue ? I was prepared to go to Perth when they last did a tour as they did'nt have a Bangkok venue but left it late and could'nt get tickets in the end.

I would love a "last chance" to see my heroes.

• Thumbs Up 1

We'll see Cliff, ya know they tried coming to Bangkok ( Impact Arena) years ago wifey told me. The promoter at the time did not want to pay then the going rate for their show. He was run out of town I hear......ya know with the Thai media and all........well.......this is Thailand and who knows what the real truth is/was.

If I am back in Bangkok and they come to Impact....I am there. If I am here and they play locally, I will be there too.

The only thing I am NOT going to do in either place, is go to a stadium show, indoor arena only.

Chok Dee Mak Mak....

• Like 1
    • Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, roomark said:

Just need rid of a small problem named Covid 1st 🙈🙈🥴

Missing going to gigs myself now.

Had one gig cancelled 3 times now, first time was because the singer needed heart surgery, and twice due to Covid. 

2 others cancelled and one rearranged for March. 

Was meant to be at HRH weekend at Yarmouth next month. 

Really missing the live music scene. 

• Like 2
    • Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, galenkia said:

Had one gig cancelled 3 times now, first time was because the singer needed heart surgery, and twice due to Covid. 

2 others cancelled and one rearranged for March. 

Was meant to be at HRH weekend at Yarmouth next month. 

Really missing the live music scene. 

It's all getting to me now , usually graft and have a goal wether it's meeting mates , going on holiday or even buying some clobber to go out.

We're all in a massive rut the world's going mad .

• Like 1
    • Thumbs Up 2

Hang on a mo folks! 

Where's Angus? 

Im all for a re-union of one of the best rock bands the world has ever seen but without Angus I'm not so sure. 

Seen them 3 times in the past, all with Brian as front man but I'm not so sure it would be the same without Angus. 

Time will tell I suppose as I'm sure Angus was trying to put together his own version of AC-DC. 

10 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

Hang on a mo folks! 

Where's Angus? 

Im all for a re-union of one of the best rock bands the world has ever seen but without Angus I'm not so sure. 

Seen them 3 times in the past, all with Brian as front man but I'm not so sure it would be the same without Angus. 

Time will tell I suppose as I'm sure Angus was trying to put together his own version of AC-DC. 

He never ever left the band, ACDC without Angus is unthinkable.

8 hours ago, Yessongs said:

We'll see Cliff, ya know they tried coming to Bangkok ( Impact Arena) years ago wifey told me. The promoter at the time did not want to pay then the going rate for their show. He was run out of town I hear......ya know with the Thai media and all........well.......this is Thailand and who knows what the real truth is/was.

If I am back in Bangkok and they come to Impact....I am there. If I am here and they play locally, I will be there too.

The only thing I am NOT going to do in either place, is go to a stadium show, indoor arena only.

Chok Dee Mak Mak....

and looking at this i can quite understand why, we ain't as young as we used to be ehh Mike lol

If they come to Bangers mate and you're back in Thailand its a date, we'll have a blast, a night to remember (i take it you're inviting me along ? :default_crybaby: )

Edited by Pumpuynarak

15 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

and looking at this i can quite understand why, we ain't as young as we used to be ehh Mike lol

If they come to Bangers mate and you're back in Thailand its a date, we'll have a blast, a night to remember (i take it you're inviting me along ? :default_crybaby: )

Absolutely Cliff, and the wives will have to stay at home as I suspect the talent level of other girls might be worth a fun night of "oogling"  😄

• Like 1
    • Thumbs Up 1
    • Haha 1

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2020 at 11:01 AM, Pumpuynarak said:

AC/DC reunite, featuring three former members

By Ben Beaumont-Thomas

1192.jpg

The re-formed lineup of AC/DC. Photograph: AC/DC /Instagram

AC/DC have announced a reunion, featuring members who had left the classic rock band in recent years.

A new post on their Instagram account depicts vocalist Brian Johnson, bassist Cliff Williams and drummer Phil Rudd, all of whom had previously departed.

Johnson had been the band’s frontman since 1980, following the death of original singer Bon Scott, but had quit in 2016 due to hearing loss; Williams retired in 2017.

It’s Rudd’s third stint in the Australian band, first playing from 1975 to 1983, then rejoining in 1994.

Full Story: https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/oct/01/acdc-reunite-featuring-three-former-members

woke up,for a minute I thought that Malcohm and Bon would be back,

shit back to the seventies

I would be there in a heartbeat.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Saw them in Paris in 1991 , Monsters of Rock , they were the headliners , with Black Crowes , Queensryche and Metallica supporting ... just found a couple of YouTube videos of that concert , but the quality isn't that great unfortunately 

I'll bet that was good, just my cup of tea 👍 I've seen em 6 times over the years, 3 with Bon Scott and 3 with Brian Johnson, pure magic imo.

Edited by Pumpuynarak
      • Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I'll bet that was good, just my cup of tea 👍 I've seen em 6 times over the years, 3 with Bon Scott and 3 with Brian Johnson, pure magic imo.

Just out of interest Pump, who do you prefer as lead singer, Bon or Brian? 

Im just thinking that after the release of "Back in Black" ACDC never looked back and quickly became one of the best and biggest live rock bands in the world. 

3 hours ago, Aqualung said:

Just out of interest Pump, who do you prefer as lead singer, Bon or Brian? 

Im just thinking that after the release of "Back in Black" ACDC never looked back and quickly became one of the best and biggest live rock bands in the world. 

You got it in one, i loved Bon Scott with his very distinctive voice and he was as mad as a box of frogs but very entertaining on stage but for some reason BJ took ACDC to another level, i think it was the riffs/material Malcolm Young was writing, top drawer stuff imo. BJ is a very accomplished professional front man whether you like his voice or not and has a real knack of getting the crowd behind him.

Thats my take on the situation. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
      • 1 year later...

Now whats the chances of them doing a tour next year with Covid under some sort of control. I'm fast running out of time to see my heroes for the last time. The chances of then coming to Bangers is pretty remote i would think but i'm prepared to travel to OZ or back to the UK.

Here's praying they will do a tour.....

• Like 1