E-Bike Review

forcebwithu

Last week ordered a Lulae V9 e-bike from Lazada for my lady to use for running errands around Pattaya. Cost with promo discounts was 8,571B. Shipping was quick, arrived two days after placing the order.

Some assembly was required. Needed to attach the handle bar assembly, basket, front brake cable, and rear fender bracket. There's also a set of handle bar mirrors that need to be attached, but the mounting brackets included with the bike had holes that were too small for the mirror support arms. Sent a message to the vendor about the problem and 10 minutes later had a reply they'll ship replacement parts. So plus marks to the vendor for dealing with the problem very quickly. One negative though, no assembly instructions were provided, but it was easy enough to figure out what needed to go where.

After assembling the bike I took it out for a test ride. While the motor is on the small size, 350W, it had enough power to move my 85kg up the small incline on our soi at 25kph, and down the incline at 30kph. With my lady riding and me pillion, it still had adequate power to move us along at a comfortable speed. The battery capacity is 48V 12A and cruising range is advertised at 65km.

While I won't be giving up my mtn and road bikes just yet, for my lady to use for running errands, the Lulae e-bike is a good choice.

PA050003.jpg

Edited by forcebwithu
  • Like 3
  • Great Info 2

I have two Ebikes.  Reise and Muller. Both excellent and with the hills where I live in Stroud it makes an enormous difference. Three hours to charge and range of 50 miles.   It does make you fit because you can choose the level of assistance.

For some older folk with physical issues it makes the difference of getting out in the fresh air, or being marooned in a house.

3 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Last week ordered a Lulae V9 e-bike from Lazada for my lady to use for running errands around Pattaya. Cost with promo discounts was 8,571B. Shipping was quick, arrived two days after placing the order.

Some assembly was required. Needed to attach the handle bar assembly, basket, front brake cable, and rear fender bracket. There's also a set of handle bar mirrors that need to be attached, but the mounting brackets included with the bike had holes that were too small for the mirror support arms. Sent a message to the vendor about the problem and 10 minutes later had a reply they'll ship replacement parts. So plus marks to the vendor for dealing with the problem very quickly. One negative though, no assembly instructions were provided, but it was easy enough to figure out what needed to go where.

After assembling the bike I took it out for a test ride. While the motor is on the small size, 350W, it had enough power to move my 85kg up the small incline on our soi at 25kph, and down the incline at 30kph. With my lady riding and me pillion, it still had adequate power to move us along at a comfortable speed. The battery capacity is 48V 12A and cruising range is advertised at 65km.

While I won't be giving up my mtn and road bikes just yet, for my lady to use for running errands, the Lulae e-bike is a good choice.

PA050003.jpg

That looks perfect for use around Pattaya, do you need any form of licence to ride it?

Edited by boydeste

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

Currently, no license required. That may change as they become more popular.

I also don't think you need a license plate ..... I was told by a Thai a number of years ago that motorbikes under a certain motor size don't need a license .... I don't know if true or not .. but, I see a bunch of very small motorbikes in the South without plates ....

Cute looking thing, but can't see myself going to the supermarket or beach bar on one of those.

Hell, they would put me immediately in the 80+ Aussie pensioner categorie....

PA050003.thumb.jpg.d7105ac9e8bd0f023223457c17fccc76.jpg

Not compatible with my macho Latin lover image ! 

And if I asked the Miss to hop on the back seat...🙈🙈🙈 she has a sense of humour, but not sure it's going that far 😱😱😱

Now if they made some that have a bad biker look, maybe ?

Edited by Thai Spice
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, biggles said:

Philippine Dept of Transport announced last week that they intend for E bikes to require a licence. Its started, road tax and insurance next

Always the same thing. As long.its a minority it flies under the radar, once it starts to become the new thing, government will intervene.

Same will happen for electric cars. Now governments give subsidies, wait till 30% of cars are electric... no more subsidies, and probably a new tax. Probably will call it a "battery recycling tax" or so ...

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

Always the same thing. As long.its a minority it flies under the radar, once it starts to become the new thing, government will intervene.

Same will happen for electric cars. Now governments give subsidies, wait till 30% of cars are electric... no more subsidies, and probably a new tax. Probably will call it a "battery recycling tax" or so ...

Ditto,

the same happened here with the price of diesel, it was very cheap until manufactures produced economical engines with high performance.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Ditto,

the same happened here with the price of diesel, it was very cheap until manufactures produced economical engines with high performance.

Same happened in France. Diesel used to cost about half of petrol, as government wanted to help the business and transport industry and taxed diesel much lower.

When modern, quiete, efficient diesel engined were developped many people started to buy diesel cars. A few years ago half of personal cars were diesel.  Then.the government gradually drove up the taxation on diesel, and it is now nearly at the same price as petrol. Add to that a good campaign "diesel is an awfull polluter" and hop...nearly everybody switches to petrol.

Taxes represent close to 60% of the price of 1 L of.petrol.

Edited by Thai Spice
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Same happened in France. Diesel used to cost about half of petrol, as government wanted to help the business and transport industry and taxed diesel much lower.

When modern, quiete, efficient diesel engined were developped many people started to buy diesel cars. A few years ago half of personal cars were diesel.  Then.the government gradually drove up the taxation on diesel, and it now nearly at the same price as petrol. Add to that a good campaign "diesel is an awfull polluter" and hop...nearly everybody switches to petrol.

Taxes represent close to 60% of the price of 1 L of.petrol.

Very similar to here, but we are even worse and diesel prices are now higher than petrol by a few pence per litre.