Which Beer?

john luke

13 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

A big step up from Watney's Red Barrel

When anyone mentions Red Barrel, I am always reminded of the ancient joke:

Why is Red Barrel like making love in a punt?

They are both fu**ing close to water. 🙂

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, nampla69 said:

Make decent tea too ....sure I've seen that ad recently ?? I do know some ropey old pubs mind so ....

You do indeed know some very ropey old pubs😉

Going out as a teen in London Guinness was my beer of choice, quickly grew out of lager.

For Bitter we had Websters Yorkshire Bitter- absolutely undrinkable. Studied up North, a mate from Leeds put me onto Tim Taylor's Landlord and I've never looked back:default_drink:

17 hours ago, Lemondropkid said:

You do indeed know some very ropey old pubs😉

Going out as a teen in London Guinness was my beer of choice, quickly grew out of lager.

For Bitter we had Websters Yorkshire Bitter- absolutely undrinkable. Studied up North, a mate from Leeds put me onto Tim Taylor's Landlord and I've never looked back:default_drink:

This post made my mind up. I'm off to have a couple of pints of Guinness in The Old Mother Redcap. Last of the truly ropey pubs round my way.

In the early 80s a famous Guardian article was headlined : "The Mother Redcap- the land where yuppies fear to tread'. Still looks rough to this day ............:default_cheers:

I'll bring me book ..... nobody stares at phones in this boozer and not a wine bottle to be seen.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, nampla69 said:

This post made my mind up. I'm off to have a couple of pints of Guinness in The Old Mother Redcap. Last of the truly ropey pubs round my way.

In the early 80s a famous Guardian article was headlined : "The Mother Redcap- the land where yuppies fear to tread'. Still looks rough to this day ............:default_cheers:

I'll bring me book ..... nobody stares at phones in this boozer and not a wine bottle to be seen.

we had a few like that back in the 60/70/80s all around the wharves but now either closed or the yuppies have taken over,no concrete covered construction lads at the bar anymore.

talking of beer, the 2 worse beer I ever tasted ,1 a pommy beer "Newcastle brown" and 1 aussie "Cairns beer" even though Resch's is close to them all shit.

I love Black beer,"Carlton Black" or Tooheys Black. but my drink of choice is "Bundy Rum and coke or straight rum with a drop of beer.the only trouble is that it now makes me fall over too often,so I've binned it well after the next session.

• Like 1

Yorkshire beers I enjoy. First and foremost Theakstones "Old Peculiar". Lovely pint. 

Secondly, John Smiths Tadcaster bitter. I mostly drank this mixed 50/50 with a decent mild beer. A pint of mixed. 

If I drank it by itself, which I did on purpose on snooker night, it produced the smelliest farts I've ever produced. Honestly, they were wrank and I was always avoided at work the following morning! 

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...