Is this just me ?

code_slayer_bkk

1 hour ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

I have a super good speaker system connected to my PC ... it seems like all the speaker connections are good ... but, the left speaker I have just comes off and on when I use with you tube listening to music .. It makes me a little crazy .....

Does you tube do this on purpose ?

A search on Google shows a number of posts relating to sound issues when playing Youtube.  A few similer problems to the one you highlight.  The main suggestion seems to be to go into the browser settings and then advanced settings.  I hope this assists.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

I have a super good speaker system connected to my PC ... it seems like all the speaker connections are good ... but, the left speaker I have just comes off and on when I use with you tube listening to music .. It makes me a little crazy .....

Does you tube do this on purpose ?

Does YouTube do the same on other stereo devices you own ?

Do other music formats play ok on your computer ie MP3 ?

Do other music websites accessed through your browser play ok ?

The answers to those 3 should at least localise the problem 😎

Edited by Scotty
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Scotty said:

Does YouTube do the same on other stereo devices you own ?

Do other music formats play ok on your computer ie MP3 ?

Do other music websites accessed through your browser play ok ?

The answers to those 3 should at least localise the problem 😎

Other devices .. I don't have or use

Yea, the videos all are crystal clear , other web sites work great ...

This is the weird part .. a lot of other news , music that I play on you tube ... both speakers work great ... but, it seems to me also a lot of the videos only come through with only 1 channel ....

I have checked the wiring a shit load of times because it drives me crazy ..... nothing wrong ...

I am certain it has to be you tube ... which sucks

20 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Other devices .. I don't have or use

Yea, the videos all are crystal clear , other web sites work great ...

This is the weird part .. a lot of other news , music that I play on you tube ... both speakers work great ... but, it seems to me also a lot of the videos only come through with only 1 channel ....

I have checked the wiring a shit load of times because it drives me crazy ..... nothing wrong ...

I am certain it has to be you tube ... which sucks

Have you tried a bit of WD40 on it, fixes most things 😎

10 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Bingo imo, i'm fed up with their adverts, they even show/play their adverts during the middle of a song WTF !!!

Use an ad blocker. I use Ublock Origin in Chrome. Haven't seen a YouTube ad in years, are they any good..

Edited by fygjam
  • Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, fygjam said:

Use an ad blocker. I use Ublock Origin in Chrome. Haven't seen a YouTube ad in years, are they any good..

The adverts are shit, they turn up the volume and they're in Thai lol. Now how do i use an ad blocker on my Android box, do i have to download one to the box ?

27 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

The adverts are shit, they turn up the volume and they're in Thai lol. Now how do i use an ad blocker on my Android box, do i have to download one to the box ?

yeah.... drive me through the roof when they come on. Loud as f**k too.   lol

Don't get me wrong... I love youtube, but with so many devices it's difficult to get all the settings right.  Now I have the t.v., computer, two phones. Pain in the ass. I'm working on getting them all synched. Heck of a learning curve and most days you just don't want to f**k with it.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Bingo imo, i'm fed up with their adverts, they even show/play their adverts during the middle of a song WTF !!!

I pay for the Premium YouTube, it’s only about 99 or 129 baht per month and seems more content, especially Music and no adverts. 

• Great Info 2

3 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I pay for the Premium YouTube, it’s only about 99 or 129 baht per month and seems more content, especially Music and no adverts. 

I oppose entering their game.

Of course they bombard me, hassle me with shit ads, I just close my eyes, and 5 seconds pass quickly.

If everybody gives in, they win, and next step they will double the monthly subscription.... and as everybody will be hooked, guess what is the next step ? 

• Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Same here but dearer in Holland. Will see if I can change my subscription to the Thai price. Cheers 

25 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I have considered it as i'm a regular user and the adverts are so annoying during a song, they take away the moment for me.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

I oppose entering their game.

Of course they bombard me, hassle me with shit ads, I just close my eyes, and 5 seconds pass quickly.

If everybody gives in, they win, and next step they will double the monthly subscription.... and as everybody will be hooked, guess what is the next step ? 

Good for you Don Quixote. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I have considered it as i'm a regular user and the adverts are so annoying during a song, they take away the moment for me.

It costs money to run YouTube and their service is continuously improving so I'm perfectly happy to pay a small monthly fee to enjoy their content and to get rid of the ads, unlike some who think everything on the internet should be free for all lol. 

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I pay. worth it to me. Music just too important to me.   Especially on those night I get into a long jam session and hit the sauce. Last thing I want to hear is some squaking thai ad.

Song of the year for me.....just about says it all

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

25 minutes ago, Esco said:

Same here but dearer in Holland. Will see if I can change my subscription to the Thai price. Cheers 

Bloody dual pricing.

$AU15/month if I subscribe from Australia.

$AU7.35/month if I subscribe from Thailand.

Fuk 'em.

Edited by fygjam
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Esco said:

Good for you Don Quixote. 

23 minutes ago, Esco said:

It costs money to run YouTube and their service is continuously improving so I'm perfectly happy to pay a small monthly fee to enjoy their content and to get rid of the ads, unlike some who think everything on the internet should be free for all lol. 

F.F.S., you're in the I.T. world ?   

You know they belong to Google and  I "pay" them already with giving them access to my data that they "mine" without shame and resale ?

So, f**k them.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

F.F.S., you're in the I.T. world ?   

You know they belong to Google and  I "pay" them already with giving them access to my data that they "mine" without shame and resale ?

So, f**k them.

Google makes money with selling ads. 

You don't want the ads you buy the subscription. It's a fair trade imo. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Esco said:

Google makes money with selling ads. 

You don't want the ads you buy the subscription. It's a fair trade imo. 

Nope. That's not Google's business model.

Google sells data.

Then then added an add revenue.

Then they became greedy and want you to pay them to avoid the ads. So, they receive money for  the advertiser AND from you...

I repeat, f**k them.

And if they push it, somebody else will launch something similar. It already exists BTW.

13 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Nope. That's not Google's business model.

Google sells data.

Then then added an add revenue.

Then they became greedy and want you to pay them to avoid the ads. So, they receive money for  the advertiser AND from you...

I repeat, f**k them.

And if they push it, somebody else will launch something similar. It already exists BTW.

Not Google's model lol stop it mate 🤣

Google-Revenue-Breakdown-FY-2019.jpg