Is this just me ?

code_slayer_bkk

1 hour ago, Esco said:

It costs money to run YouTube and their service is continuously improving so I'm perfectly happy to pay a small monthly fee to enjoy their content and to get rid of the ads, unlike some who think everything on the internet should be free for all lol. 

Yea Bro ... I don't mind paying a negligible fee either  .... I totally know it takes some serious money to run all the servers they have .... but, they are making a shit load of money as well .. the least I expect is them providing a good music stream .. which I know for sure I am NOT getting ...seems to me 50/50 ... and it pisses the f**k out of me when the left speaker has no sound ... and I know for sure it is not my equipment ...

Edited by code_slayer_bkk

7 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Yea Bro ... I don't mind paying a negligible fee either  .... I totally know it takes some serious money to run all the servers they have .... but, they are making a shit load of money as well .. the least I expect is them providing a good music stream .. which I know for sure I am NOT getting ...seems to me 50/50 ... and it pisses the f**k out of me when the left speaker has no sound ... and I know for sure it is not my equipment ...

I think it's to do with the recording and settings of the content being streamed, not YouTube our your speaker. 

Ive had this in the past with discmans and MP3 players as well. You needed to have both ear plugs in to listen to the music because you had instrumentals coming out of one and vocals out of the other. 

40 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

I play a lot of YouTube music through a decent amp and speakers optically linked to the TV. 
I’ve never noticed any channel drop out on the free or paid version. 

If you play YouTube on your phone with headphones on does the same happen ?

2 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

I oppose entering their game.

Of course they bombard me, hassle me with shit ads, I just close my eyes, and 5 seconds pass quickly.

If everybody gives in, they win, and next step they will double the monthly subscription.... and as everybody will be hooked, guess what is the next step ? 

It’s a couple of dollars, not something I can be concerned about for what I consider is a good service. They can do what the f**k they like with my data as long as they don’t steal any money from me or impact my life in any meaningful way. 

Market forces, if they get too expensive another service will soon be along to fill the space. 

Edited by Scotty

1 hour ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I have considered it as i'm a regular user and the adverts are so annoying during a song, they take away the moment for me.

I’m sure you can sign up for a free trial and see if you think the improvements are worth the cost. 

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

It’s a couple of dollars, not something I can be concerned about for what I consider is a good service. They can do what the f**k they like with my data as long as they don’t steal any money from me or impact my life in any meaningful way. 

Market forces, if they get too expensive another service will soon be along to fill the space. 

It's not a matter of money, it's more about the principle / concept.

21 hours ago, Scotty said:

I play a lot of YouTube music through a decent amp and speakers optically linked to the TV. 
I’ve never noticed any channel drop out on the free or paid version. 

If you play YouTube on your phone with headphones on does the same happen ?

When I play on my phone .. seems everything is ok ... I can't be 100% sure though ... you know the speakers on a phone .....

Me being me ... I said f**k it  ... I never give up ... I bought a new system .... I plugged it in and it works perfectly ... this MicroLab system I had I think I "blew" out the left speaker ... we will see .... I sure hope not because the last 2 days I have been crazy without a system that can rock and roll ....

BTW .. I subscribed to the Deezer .. it kinda sucks .. same problem I was having with you tube ... and they only had 1 Red Hot Chili Peppers song on it ... or at least that was what I found on it .....

On 10/12/2020 at 9:39 PM, code_slayer_bkk said:

Me being me ... I said f**k it  ... I never give up ... I bought a new system .... I plugged it in and it works perfectly ... this MicroLab system I had I think I "blew" out the left speaker ... we will see .... I sure hope not because the last 2 days I have been crazy without a system that can rock and roll ....

BTW .. I subscribed to the Deezer .. it kinda sucks .. same problem I was having with you tube ... and they only had 1 Red Hot Chili Peppers song on it ... or at least that was what I found on it .....

Tell me about this system. 

Do you plug it into your lap top and it cranks out good ? How is the bass ?

How much ? Do you have a link ?  I may have to look into something like that.

Believe or not I usually just use one of those little jbl portable jobs and it does fairly well. And lately (I have my first LG smart TV) I crank a lot of youtube through it and it sounds pretty damn good. Surprisingly good actually.

• Like 2

Bro ....

I bought this thing from Lazada for about 6K baht ... I used to have a Microlab x3 .. was great before I blew out the left channel ...

This thing rocks ... the bass is great .....

I simply plug the speakers into the Microlab unit .... and there is a two pronged plug that you plug into the audio portion on the back of the Microlab unit .... the two pronged cable turns into a single audio jack that you plug into the microphone / audio jack on your PC .... ( all of the cables are included in the MircoLab - except the HDMI cable )

Also, I installed a really good sound driver on my PC ... named Coxeant Smart audio

To get the TV to work with my PC .. I simply plugged in an HDMI cable in the back of my TV and the other end of the HDMI cable into the HDMI port on my PC ..... 

The audio I get blows away the audio generated from the TV .....

Screenshot_2020-10-15 Microlab X15 Speaker 5 1 ลำโพงซับวูฟเฟอร์ Lazada co th.png

this is how it plugs into my PC ... 

IMG_5820.JPG

• Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Bro ....

I bought this thing from Lazada for about 6K baht ... I used to have a Microlab x3 .. was great before I blew out the left channel ...

I simply plug the speakers into the Microlab unit .... and there is a two pronged plug that you plug into the audio portion on the back of the Microlab unit .... the two pronged cable turns into a single audio jack that you plug into the microphone / audio jack on your PC .... ( all of the cables are included in the MircoLab - except the HDMI cable )

Also, I installed a really good sound driver on my PC ... named Coxeant Smart audio

To get the TV to work with my PC .. I simply plugged in an HDMI cable in the back of my TV and the other end of the HDMI cable into the HDMI port on my PC ..... 

Screenshot_2020-10-15 Microlab X15 Speaker 5 1 ลำโพงซับวูฟเฟอร์ Lazada co th.png

this is how it plugs into my PC ... 

IMG_5820.JPG

Ah man, thanks, because of your post my wallet is now going to be 6k lighter. :chogdee It's about time I upgrade my cheap ass Microlab M-108 speakers with something decent.

Is this the model you have? Microlab X15 speaker with 5.1 system subwoofer

40 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

BTW .. I am looking at this thing as a blue tooth speaker for my Phone ( carry around with me ) ... but it is 14K baht and I think a little expensive .. I will wait a little while .... A friend  of Beach Gals has one and this thing puts out great sound ......

marshal.jpg

Wow..... A marshall box for the phone. It would be like having the Allman Brothers jamming in my living room.

**** The microlab.......   It looks like I would need the microphone port, the hdmi port, and one (or two ?) usb ports. plug it into the system and go to town.

Is that hdmi a standard size (same plug on both ends) or a micro (one small and one large plug) ?

I have a small pc - 1 power port, 1 micro port, 1 usb, 1 hdmi, and 1 jack for the mouse chip (not sure what that is called)

Also --- where did you get ? Do you have a link for any good sources for research (possibly look at over systems, etc.) on-line ?

Thanks for taking the time to post !

49 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Wow..... A marshall box for the phone. It would be like having the Allman Brothers jamming in my living room.

**** The microlab.......   It looks like I would need the microphone port, the hdmi port, and one (or two ?) usb ports. plug it into the system and go to town.

Is that hdmi a standard size (same plug on both ends) or a micro (one small and one large plug) ?

I have a small pc - 1 power port, 1 micro port, 1 usb, 1 hdmi, and 1 jack for the mouse chip (not sure what that is called)

Also --- where did you get ? Do you have a link for any good sources for research (possibly look at over systems, etc.) on-line ?

Thanks for taking the time to post !

I have heard these Marshall boxes a couple of times ... they rock !

It sounds like your PC has everything you need ... an HDMI port and an audio / microphone port ( it is a small circular port on the side of your PC ) ...

The HDMI cable has the large connectors on both ends .... so just plug it into the HDMI port on the PC and the other end into an HDMI port on your TV ...

Just take the single of the audio cable  ( the other end has 2 connectors to plug into the audio ports of the Microlab ) and plug it into the audio / microphone port of your PC ..

You may have to go to your TV and select the HDMI port ( setup ) to get your TV to work with your PC .... my TV automatically recognizes

That is all your need to do ....

Another pretty good audio system in the Microlab X3

I think these Microlab systems are a lot better than Soundbars ... I bought a pretty expensive Soundbar but I didn't like the sound it put out ...

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/microlab-x15-51-i1633896164-s4509342225.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlistcategory.list.44.6dc8126b9Ll3fE&search=1

Just do a search for Microlab in Lazada .... there are all kinds to select from ....

7 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

I have heard these Marshall boxes a couple of times ... they rock !

It sounds like your PC has everything you need ... an HDMI port and an audio / microphone port ( it is a small circular port on the side of your PC ) ...

The HDMI cable has the large connectors on both ends .... so just plug it into the HDMI port on the PC and the other end into an HDMI port on your TV ...

Just take the single of the audio cable  ( the other end has 2 connectors to plug into the audio ports of the Microlab ) and plug it into the audio / microphone port of your PC ..

You may have to go to your TV and select the HDMI port ( setup ) to get your TV to work with your PC .... my TV automatically recognizes

That is all your need to do ....

Another pretty good audio system in the Microlab X3

I think these Microlab systems are a lot better than Soundbars ... I bought a pretty expensive Soundbar but I didn't like the sound it put out ...

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/microlab-x15-51-i1633896164-s4509342225.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlistcategory.list.44.6dc8126b9Ll3fE&search=1

Just do a search for Microlab in Lazada .... there are all kinds to select from ....

Thanks big time bro...!.  I'll let you know what I end up doing.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/15/2020 at 11:18 AM, code_slayer_bkk said:

Bro ....

Never thought it would be so hard to order the X15. The first three Lazada sellers I ordered from canceled my order after a couple of days because they didn't have it in stock, even though they listed it as in stock. Even after canceling my order they still list the item as in stock. Their inventory system sucks.

Anyhoo, just finished hooking it up and the sound is great. So thanks for your post highlighting your setup. Now I'm looking at getting a 5.1 audio receiver so I can make the most of the new sound system.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Pumpuynarak said:

Pisses me off no end and thats why i won't prepay for anything, COD or goodbye Lazada. 

Lazada actually has a very good system for keeping sellers honest. Once they accept an order they have a specific timeline they have to follow for delivering the item. They miss any one of the checkpoints and the system automatically cancels the order.

For the X15 order, two of the three sellers canceled the order the same day when they realized they didn't have the item in stock. One seller however strung me along for four days, even going so far as to list my item as "Packed" and awaiting delivery to Kerry. On the fourth day when they hadn't delivered the item for shipping, Lazada's system automatically canceled the order and refunded the money to my Lazada Wallet.

Same thing happened a couple of months ago when I received a defective battery tester. Seller didn't respond to my return request and after four days of no response Lazada automatically refunded my money.

Because Lazada has a strong system in place for ensuring the customer isn't cheated, I have no qualms about paying at the time I order using Wallet. I find Wallet more convenient than using COD, plus they run periodic promos that give me additional credit in Wallet.