Is this just me ?

code_slayer_bkk

18 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Lazada actually has a very good system for keeping sellers honest. Once they accept an order they have a specific timeline they have to follow for delivering the item. They miss any one of the checkpoints and the system automatically cancels the order.

For the X15 order, two of the three sellers canceled the order the same day when they realized they didn't have the item in stock. One seller however strung me along for four days, even going so far as to list my item as "Packed" and awaiting delivery to Kerry. On the fourth day when they hadn't delivered the item for shipping, Lazada's system automatically canceled the order and refunded the money to my Lazada Wallet.

Same thing happened a couple of months ago when I received a defective battery tester. Seller didn't respond to my return request and after four days of no response Lazada automatically refunded my money.

Because Lazada has a strong system in place for ensuring the customer isn't cheated, I have no qualms about paying at the time I order using Wallet. I find Wallet more convenient than using COD, plus they run periodic promos that give me additional credit in Wallet.

Point taken and yes i agree Lazada has an effective system in place but like you i was f***** about from asshole to breakfast time by the supplier of an exercise bike costing 9K that i prepaid for, they sold me what they did'nt have in stock and what does Lazada do about these sellers, diddly squat from what i can see, they were still advertising the product on Lazada. I want the product not a refund and i'm more than happy to pay when i receive, ya gotta be at home when they deliver so paying for it then makes sense to me, but we're all different lol  

I have never had any problem with Lazada .... I used to pay them COD ... then I got lazy and now I use an ATM card where I transfer a little more than what Lazada charges me for the items I buy .... I have a SCB account I started just for this reason ... never keep any real baht in the account ... just for buying stuff online

11 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Never thought it would be so hard to order the X15. The first three Lazada sellers I ordered from canceled my order after a couple of days because they didn't have it in stock, even though they listed it as in stock. Even after canceling my order they still list the item as in stock. Their inventory system sucks.

Anyhoo, just finished hooking it up and the sound is great. So thanks for your post highlighting your setup. Now I'm looking at getting a 5.1 audio receiver so I can make the most of the new sound system.

Glad your happy .... seriously!

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2020 at 10:00 PM, code_slayer_bkk said:

Bro .. let me know what you decide on with 5.1 audio receiver.......

So stupid me, I order the HDMI to 5.1 decoder, package arrives, I open it, get ready to plug in, and realize all my HDMI ports are in use. Big duh moment.

I do a bit more research and decide a USB to 5.1 device might work (link). Only 290B, so cheap enough to give it try. Arrived today, made all the connections, followed these instructions (link) to configure Win 10 for 5.1 sound, and cool, it works.

Just hope now I'm not overloading my USB-C docking station with all the USB hubs and connections I have hanging off of it. That docking station is handling two UHD monitors, the too many to count USB connections, and an ethernet connection to my ISP router, all connected to my laptop via a single USB-C Thunderbolt connection. My main monitor is now blanking out on occasion, so it may be I've pushed the docking station past it's limit.

Anyhoo, I now have 5.1 surround sound, so I'm happy.

Audio-In Options for Laptops

Edited to include a pic of the wiring mess that's behind my desk. Used to be all over the floor, but spent an afternoon last week trying to organize it a bit better. Benefit is I can now stretch out my legs without getting my feet tangled in wires.

PB030001.jpg

Edited by forcebwithu
  • Great Info 1
  • Surprised 1

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

So stupid me, I order the HDMI to 5.1 decoder, package arrives, I open it, get ready to plug in, and realize all my HDMI ports are in use. Big duh moment.

I do a bit more research and decide a USB to 5.1 device might work (link). Only 290B, so cheap enough to give it try. Arrived today, made all the connections, followed these instructions (link) to configure Win 10 for 5.1 sound, and cool, it works.

Just hope now I'm not overloading my USB-C docking station with all the USB hubs and connections I have hanging off of it. That docking station is handling two UHD monitors, the too many to count USB connections, and an ethernet connection to my ISP router, all connected to my laptop via a single USB-C Thunderbolt connection. My main monitor is now blanking out on occasion, so it may be I've pushed the docking station past it's limit.

Anyhoo, I now have 5.1 surround sound, so I'm happy.

Audio-In Options for Laptops

Edited to include a pic of the wiring mess that's behind my desk. Used to be all over the floor, but spent an afternoon last week trying to organize it a bit better. Benefit is I can now stretch out my legs without getting my feet tangled in wires.

PB030001.jpg

Bro ...  I bought the same device .... everything worked great for a couple of days .. then a WIN 10 update came along and updated the RealTek driver and everything went fucking haywire .. couldn't "roll back" the driver .....

Then RealTek 5.1 driver you install on Win 10 ... I could never get to work and believe me .. I tried ... I must have downloaded and install over 20 of these fucking driver packages ...

Then I bought a 2 to 1 RCA jack to plug into my PC ... didn't work ...

Then I bought a USB 5.1 converter ( a stuid USB plug with that you then plug the jack into .. it didn't work either )...

Then I was looking at receivers to buy .. I stumbled upon this device also and said " What the f**k - try it " ... I haven't received the thing yet ...

I am not sure what to plug into what yet ... maybe you can help?   I totally suck big time with hardware shit ...  I have a software mind .. anything having to do with cables, hammers and screwdrivers, etc. .. my mind stops ....

20 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Bro ...  I bought the same device .... everything worked great for a couple of days .. then a WIN 10 update came along and updated the RealTek driver and everything went fucking haywire .. couldn't "roll back" the driver .....

Then RealTek 5.1 driver you install on Win 10 ... I could never get to work and believe me .. I tried ... I must have downloaded and install over 20 of these fucking driver packages ...

Then I bought a 2 to 1 RCA jack to plug into my PC ... didn't work ...

Then I bought a USB 5.1 converter ( a stuid USB plug with that you then plug the jack into .. it didn't work either )...

Then I was looking at receivers to buy .. I stumbled upon this device also and said " What the f**k - try it " ... I haven't received the thing yet ...

I am not sure what to plug into what yet ... maybe you can help?   I totally suck big time with hardware shit ...  I have a software mind .. anything having to do with cables, hammers and screwdrivers, etc. .. my mind stops ....

I'm pretty much lost on the hardware side too. Computer systems are complex beasts and you need to choose what to focus on. Like you, my focus is on software and DB's.

You wrote "I stumbled upon this device". What device is that?

The connections are pretty straight forward. The X15 came with a set of speaker wires that have a banana plug on one end and two RCA plugs on the other end. Those are the ones you want use to connect the USB device to the X15.

After plugging the USB connector into your computer and Windows runs through the automatic setup for a new USB device you'll get stereo sound. Follow the steps at this link for configuring Windows to output 5.1 surround sound.

On the X15 you'll also need to use the remote to select 5.1 as the input on the X15 side of things.

• 1 month later...
On 11/4/2020 at 11:17 AM, forcebwithu said:

The connections are pretty straight forward. The X15 came with a set of speaker wires that have a banana plug on one end and two RCA plugs on the other end. Those are the ones you want use to connect the USB device to the X15.

After plugging the USB connector into your computer and Windows runs through the automatic setup for a new USB device you'll get stereo sound. Follow the steps at this link for configuring Windows to output 5.1 surround sound.

On the X15 you'll also need to use the remote to select 5.1 as the input on the X15 side of things.

Bro .. I bought this thing (Aone) for I think 1800 baht ( not exactly sure ) ... from Lazada

Plugged my PC into the Aux ports and connect the X15 to the sub wof ports 

A whole new dimension of sound .. it rocks !

IMG_6165.JPG

Edited by code_slayer_bkk
  • Thumbs Up 1