Forum loading/posting etc incredibly slow

Krapow

1 minute ago, Painter said:

Have we just been updated/upgraded/had the latest software version installed?? Format looks different... as in, different fonts

I would imagine so as there are a few differences on the PC and the phone version.

IE edit facility now on the little dots menu etc.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mrcharliemofo said:

My info at the top of the page has gone dark ?

And the rest of the page seems brighter ?

Capture 2471.JPG

There seem to be a few cosmetic changes as the software has been updated by the provider. I just had to figure out a couple of changes but everything is still there but the layout has changed slightly. The forum itself is lightening fast at my end

Just now, Krapow said:

Just back on now, as before all I had was like a vertical line. 

Was that bad I was close to calling Nigel Farage!

i blame lanza,   🙂  i press buttons but have no clue wot I am doing.  then i found this special one .. and pressed out of desparation and it all came back , like  magic.  does thart qualify me as an intenret forum whizz kid?  I think so but many may disagree.  thank f for that i can go to bed now

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

^^^ Use the force tommy :default_biggrin:

PA did the same update a couple of weeks ago. Big difference everyone noticed right away was the default theme has changed, thus the new look in background and foreground colors.

Don't know if you're using the Tapatalk plugin here, but PA had a whole host of problems until they uninstalled the plug in. Apparently Tapatalk is still working on an upgrade to work with the new version of Invision software.

With the test link below I see the update here has resulted in the same problem I'm still seeing on PA. Rather than upload pics to the forum, it's easier for me to just link to the pics on Flickr. That is no longer working with new posts. Fortunately my previous posts still show the pics using links though.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2jQ1Veq][img]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50426485246_2469dba6fd_h.jpg[/img][/url]

• Like 1

Another difference with the updated software, to see the report and share post options you need to click on the ellipses in the upper right corner of a post.

image.png

A handy shortcut for sharing a post is to right click on the time of the post and select Copy Link Address that can then be pasted into a new post.

image.png

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, tommy dee said:

so to be honest i have no idea what tapatalk is... do we even need it?  does anyone use it?

I know several forum members use it as you can read it in their posts, as far as I am concerned they can learn to post without it, just like the rest of us does.

• Thumbs Up 1