Forum loading/posting etc incredibly slow

Krapow

28 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Yes and i miss it lol but the forum is indeed much quicker to load pages now 😀

Still noticing a few posts where the image doesn't display the first time the page is loaded. A refresh of the page usually fixes that, but the issue is another sign the hosting server for the images is perhaps getting overloaded at times.

28 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Still noticing a few posts where the image doesn't display the first time the page is loaded. A refresh of the page usually fixes that, but the issue is another sign the hosting server for the images is perhaps getting overloaded at times.

I get that all the time and it makes no difference if i refresh the page, i think it must be my Com setup.

Here's an example of what i get and when i click on the link it disappears !!!

Forum Problem.PNG

6 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I get that all the time and it makes no difference if i refresh the page, i think it must be my Com setup.

Here's an example of what i get and when i click on the link it disappears !!!

Forum Problem.PNG

It could be a slow internet connection on your end that causes the server to timeout in the middle of loading an image.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Not really a problem but the 247 logo bar being in deep blue seems to have swallowed up the sign on details as they are almost the same colour, suppose somewhere I can change the colours as luckily I can stab in the dark and click on the sign  on to get signed in.

No we cannot.

The theme's are dark or light and that deep blue is in the light theme and has swallowed up all the signs.

I would suggest going back on "The few changes at the front end" and reverse them.

If it ain't broke.......................?

Edited by Jambo
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

I am getting the same, F5 sorts the problem.

On 10/19/2020 at 4:06 PM, Horizondave said:

Not really a problem but the 247 logo bar being in deep blue seems to have swallowed up the sign on details as they are almost the same colour, suppose somewhere I can change the colours as luckily I can stab in the dark and click on the sign  on to get signed in.

fixed it, what a joke it was to find the control for that 🙂  considering pink for next week

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/19/2020 at 4:06 PM, Horizondave said:

fixed it, what a joke it was to find the control for that 🙂  considering pink for next week  and ta[atalk is disabled for now

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Why is the Logo "Thailand 24/7" at the bottom of attachments?

That could prove to be a liability if copied and posted elsewhere.

Also, my personal photographs are copyrighted (in theory as it's the internet)...yet, I do not want others to take credit for them if posted elsewhere.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, lazarus said:

Why is the Logo "Thailand 24/7" at the bottom of attachments?

That could prove to be a liability if copied and posted elsewhere.

Also, my personal photographs are copyrighted (in theory as it's the internet)...yet, I do not want others to take credit for them if posted elsewhere.

i dont see the logo on attachements but cant see why not.  the watermark means if you pics are nicked you will know if nicked from here

can u post a sample attchement

7 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

i dont see the logo on attachements but cant see why not.  the watermark means if you pics are nicked you will know if nicked from here

it just started...

I've only posted in the politics club...i know you don't want that here...

here's one of Boydeste's...(edit note: you can see that it even doubled up on the logo with the re-post)...

image.thumb.jpeg.4a976120551acfb2a9857651c103e7e7.jpeg

Edited by lazarus

Untitled-1.jpg

You can see the watermark on the above which is a jpeg file with just a white background.  

I had a discussion with Phil ages ago about watermarking.  There is obviously an option on the software to switch automatic watermarking on and off.  There was an issue with a member on here copying photographs and posting them on his own Facebook page.

It looks as though the default setting is to switch on the watermarking.

Hope this assists.

@boydeste- this should address your point on the food thread.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tommy dee said:

Water marks do very little to protect pics, in most cases you can simply crop the watermark out. For someone with @john lukeskills, he could probably still remove a watermark even if it was plastered across the middle of the picture.

That aside, if you have one as large as the one being applied to my pics, then it spoils the picture to an extent that it's not worth bothering posting a nice pic in the first place.

Edited by boydeste
  • Thumbs Up 5

I prefer no watermark.  Watermarks detract from the quality of a photo. 

Not worried about copying. If you put something on the internet it will be copied one way or another.

You probably don't want watermarks on some of the silly memes posted on here, too.

• Like 1