Forum loading/posting etc incredibly slow

Krapow

1 hour ago, lazarus said:

Not worried about copying. If you put something on the internet it will be copied one way or another.

You probably don't want watermarks on some of the silly memes posted on here, too.

Agree, this might come back to bite someone.

A photo get posted on here with the idea of sharing it in a small group and is stamped as Thailand247. A rogue member post it elsewhere and any fall out comes back to bite the poster in the "real world", with a label on the source.

If an individual wants to protect their own photos, nothing to stop them from copyrighting/adding their own watermark.

Why add something that the original poster has chosen not to add?

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Sherlock said:

I still cant work out why when im trying to load photos from my phone onto a topic/post, that none of them come out in the order that I selected on my phone whilst picking the photos to post!

What I've noticed is the first one in the list to uploaded gets bumped to the end of the list when the upload finishes. All the other pics are in the correct order. FB does the same, although it seems the upload order is more random.

Another reason I use a hosting service like Flickr and then post links to the pics. I'm particular about the order I want pics presented, and having to rework the order of uploaded pics is just more unnecessary work for me.

• Like 1

the arse end of the forum is complx, noit difficult to be fair but full of stuff that you would be scared to touch.  bit like a library and u have to find the right page of the right book 🙂  these updates were needed and not doing them just causes the forum to slow slightly.  but when you do the updates, it messes a few thigs up.  think sorted now

now back to the tit pics on level 8 😉

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, mrcharliemofo said:

This is weird, I've got the back to top button on Edge but not Chrome ?? No idea at all why that would be.

Any ideas anyone ?

Try clearing the cache. In Chrome I found the easiest way to do this is use CTRL Shift I which toggles developer mode. Then Right Click on the refresh icon in the upper left and select Empty Cache and Hard Reload.

image.png

• Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1

4 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Try clearing the cache. In Chrome I found the easiest way to do this is use CTRL Shift I which toggles developer mode. Then Right Click on the refresh icon in the upper left and select Empty Cache and Hard Reload.

image.png

Couldn't find that at all but thanks for trying to help. It's not an issue as what you've never had you'll never miss.

• 11 months later...