Big Snake & Other XL Creatures

lazarus

12 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

Unreal that this whole infestation started with a couple people letting their pets escape years ago.....

more to the story...

"...most experts believe the pythons established a reproducing population in the Everglades sometime after Hurricane Andrew—a category 5 storm that devastated the state in August 1992. It was during that storm that a python breeding facility was destroyed, releasing countless snakes into the nearby swamps..."

https://www.history.com/news/burmese-python-invasion-florida-everglades

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • lazarus changed the title to Big Snake & Other XL Creatures
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, lazarus said:

Florida fisherman chased by 11-foot alligator in Everglades and it was caught on camera
Viral video shows a 22-year-old fisherman being followed by an alligator at sunrise

https://www.foxnews.com/great-outdoors/florida-fisherman-chased-11-foot-alligator-everglades

He's braver than me, I would have legged it out of there the first time it came out of the water.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, boydeste said:

He's braver than me, I would have legged it out of there the first time it came out of the water.

"Legged"? Way too slow. Those damn critters can run faster than men.

Edited by Freee!!

Yellowstone regulations state that tourists, who are responsible for their own safety, must remain at least 100 yards from bears and wolves. This woman had been warned by a number of people that she was too close and should return to her car…

22 minutes ago, lazarus said:

Yellowstone regulations state that tourists, who are responsible for their own safety, must remain at least 100 yards from bears and wolves. This woman had been warned by a number of people that she was too close and should return to her car…

She was very lucky the bear was only playing.

• Thumbs Up 1