Big Snake & Other XL Creatures

lazarus

Not bad work if you can get it...

"In his time at the sanctuary he has fathered more than 10,000 children to six of his female co-habitants."

"The world’s oldest living crocodile in captivity is Henry the Nile Crocodile, who earned a reputation as a man eater in Botswana before being captured by an elephant hunter named Sir Henry in 1903. He now resides at Crocworld Conservation Centre in South Africa, and is thought to be at least 117 years old."

. . .

One of the world's oldest and biggest crocodiles turns 120

https://www.9news.com.au/national/one-of-worlds-biggest-oldest-crocs-celebrates-birthday/cf190476-6f4b-47d9-b5b8-99755b897b9a#:~:text=One of the world's oldest and largest known crocodiles has,known Nile crocodile in captivity.

Capture1.JPG

Capture.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Surprised 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/14/2020 at 1:40 AM, boydeste said:

Glad they aren't a regular occurance on the golf course here!

I walked up within 3 feet of a rattlesnake here in Arizona last week.  He  never rattled.  Just hung from the branch.  I didn't even see him at first.  f**k.  This is why I usually don't help people look for this ball in the desert.  You hit it YOU look for it.  😀

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, lazarus said:

My friend Alan is a 'snake whisperer'...

20747969_1540093926033844_6161211468453366084_o.jpg

Your friend is insane.  That is one pissed off rattler.  And even with antivenom it's still gonna be the worst day of your life if he bites ya.  But he'd be handy sending out to look for lost balls.  🤣

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, maipenrai said:

Thankfully we don't have these creatures where I live - there are advantages to living in a cooler climate. Mind you, we do have bears...

hey, I can outrun a snake.  But of course we do have the occasional mountain lion.  Run from those and you just die tired.  🙃

Just now, SteveBC said:

Your Idaho friend needs therapy !!!!

He likes snakes. A lot of people like snakes.

If you live in this part of the world it's best to get used to them as they're all over the place in the warm months.

When I was a river guide we used to catch them and toss 'em in the river. 

• Surprised 1

It's rare to for me to see any snakes while out on jungle trail, but today while setting trail I climbed out of ravine to see a black cobra at the edge of a cassava field I was about to go into. Usually they see me, I see them, and they slither away. But not this one. Think his startle reflex kicked in as he reared up with his hood and fangs out and stayed that way while I very, very slowly backed away. After about a minute he slithered away, but paused to look back just before disappearing into the underbrush.

Not my picture, but one off the internet that is about the size of the once I encountered.
maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 1
  • Surprised 3