Jump to content

Mega Bridge to Connect Pattaya (EEC) to Hua Hin


 Share

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, nampla69 said:

As soon as Boris' bridge between Scotland and Northern Ireland is finished. Easy question ......

That won't be Boris' bridge, but yes, that bridge will be built when Scotland joins the re-united Irish republic to get back into the EU.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

They can't afford to knock down buildings, and clear the land for the now delayed high speed rail network, nevermind plotting to build what would be one of the longest bridges in the world. 

 

Chinese can build and offer finance for it.

Smart thing to do is 2 x 2 lanes for cars + dual track for train underneath.

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, biggles said:

Yes, the Chinese built a bridge from Hongkong to macau, 34 miles long so they have the experience 

Half build by the Chinese, half by the Honkies. A mix of bridge, tunnel and artificial islands.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hong_Kong–Zhuhai–Macau_Bridge

But there are several longer ones on the mainland.

 

Edited by Thai Spice
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Half build by the Chinese, half by the Honkies. A mix of bridge, tunnel and artificial islands.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hong_Kong–Zhuhai–Macau_Bridge

But there are several longer ones on the mainland.

 

Also without question there is a long term economic benefit of the Zhuhai Bridge.  Call me a skeptic but I see no real positive economic benefit to Thailand by connecting Hua Hin and Pattaya by bridge. Hi speed ferry didn't even work out and that is 1/zillionth the cost. Than again, a bridge project could line some pockets in the hierarchy so never say never.

The Chinese are scaling back on their foreign infrastructure funding, hence the delays in the Thailand hi speed train rail network. And when they are funding it is soley with intent of a default on the loan and assumption of ownership of foreign infrastructure, and just like there is no economic beneift to Thailand on a Pattaya-Hua Hin Bridge there would be no benefit to the Chinese should they become defacto owners on a bond default.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, STARGAZER said:

. . . . but I see no real positive economic benefit to Thailand by connecting Hua Hin and Pattaya by bridge.

It makes a 6 to 8 hour vehicle journey a 1 or 2 hour vehicle journey.  Combine it with the "land bridge" to the Andaman Sea and you take two weeks off the shipping time from the Eastern corridor to The West, avoiding Malacca Straits and a trip round Singapore.  Multiply that with the exports from the factories here and see if there is an economic benefit.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, KWA said:

It makes a 6 to 8 hour vehicle journey a 1 or 2 hour vehicle journey.  Combine it with the "land bridge" to the Andaman Sea and you take two weeks off the shipping time from the Eastern corridor to The West, avoiding Malacca Straits and a trip round Singapore.  Multiply that with the exports from the factories here and see if there is an economic benefit.

And this 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_Canal

Or this

https://www.maritime-executive.com/article/thailand-takes-a-step-back-from-kra-canal-proposal

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...