Shelby just broke the production car speed record - 331 MPH

Shaksey

On 10/20/2020 at 5:57 PM, biggles said:

It seemed very stable and easy to control despite the amazing speed

That was exactly my thoughts but of course these cars are something special in terms of design. Try driving at 150mph in a TVR, you won't want to do it too often lol    

10 hours ago, bob lt said:

Did you say Citroen 🙂

2cv orange.jpg

My dad had several of those many years ago, the last one he bought was when he was 85!

It had huge, hand painted daisies on each front door. 
He wrote it off when a tree jumped out in front of him. 🤣

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/22/2020 at 1:52 AM, Pumpuynarak said:

That was exactly my thoughts but of course these cars are something special in terms of design. Try driving at 150mph in a TVR, you won't want to do it too often lol    

Or ever again. 

I know (knew) three lads who died in TVR's.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Shaksey said:

Or ever again. 

I know (knew) three lads who died in TVR's.

My sister had a new TVR in Tasmania, but not for long though, as it burst into flames halfway up Mount Wellington  and was a total right off.
Actually, she was glad it got burned out, as the damn thing was forever in the garage getting “fixed”. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KhunDon said:

My sister had a new TVR in Tasmania, but not for long though, as it burst into flames halfway up Mount Wellington  and was a total right off.
Actually, she was glad it got burned out, as the damn thing was forever in the garage getting “fixed”. 

Me being Canadian, know nothing of TVR except Travolta’s in Swordfish......definitely a head turner 20 years ago. Heard they’re real cheap now in the UK

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Golfingboy said:

Me being Canadian, know nothing of TVR except Travolta’s in Swordfish......definitely a head turner 20 years ago. Heard they’re real cheap now in the UK

I used to work with the lady who now owns that exact car.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, KhunDon said:

Yes they did have a bit of a reputation for unreliability (electrics were a well known problem) thats why i bought the Chimera, probaly the most reliable TVR for everyday use and in 3 years i never had a single problem with the car. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Yes they did have a bit of a reputation for unreliability (electrics were a well known problem) thats why i bought the Chimera, probaly the most reliable TVR for everyday use and in 3 years i never had a single problem with the car. 

Agreed, couldn't go wrong with the old school Rover V8 in it. Apart from sitting in traffic in hot weather, lol, did get a bit hot then, like.

The AJPV8 and Speed Six engines were nothing but trouble.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Shaksey said:

Agreed, couldn't go wrong with the old school Rover V8 in it. Apart from sitting in traffic in hot weather, lol, did get a bit hot then, like.

The AJPV8 and Speed Six engines were nothing but trouble.

Bingo, TVR's own engines were never up to much, the Rover/Buick V8 was a proven power unit that just kept on going relentlessly, a truly great engine.

• Like 1