Jump to content

TM 30 after isolation in a hotel in Bkk


Recommended Posts

good afternoon all

 

quick question please

 

i am in a hotel in bkk, got another 5 nights to push , the question is:

 

do i need to  go to an immgration center once i finish here and do my TM 30, 

 

thank you kindly

 

paul

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have only ever done one TM30 ever and that was some considerable time ago. i.e as in several years ago.

I recently used an Agent in connection with renewing my two driving licenses and THEY had to obtain one on my behalf before Immigration would issue the residency certificate. I was not involved other than it cost me an additional 500 baht.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jambo said:

I have only ever done one TM30 ever and that was some considerable time ago. i.e as in several years ago.

I recently used an Agent in connection with renewing my two driving licenses and THEY had to obtain one on my behalf before Immigration would issue the residency certificate. I was not involved other than it cost me an additional 500 baht.

Similar to me, I needed to change my 2 driving licences in Khon Kaen and I couldn't have them issued until I offered up a TM30, a bit inconvenient but every time you leave the country you are meant to get one if you are in private accommodation where you are meant to register your stay.  One of the few times that Porn's father got a trip into town to confirm the details of my residence (our house is on family land).

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Similar to me, I needed to change my 2 driving licences in Khon Kaen and I couldn't have them issued until I offered up a TM30, a bit inconvenient but every time you leave the country you are meant to get one if you are in private accommodation where you are meant to register your stay.  One of the few times that Porn's father got a trip into town to confirm the details of my residence (our house is on family land).

I thought that requirement had changed and you now only have to complete a TM30 if you have changed address? Not that any of us are likely to be leaving in the forseeable future with the current draconian requirements on returning .

Even when I was going for trips to AC or PP I never completed a TM30 on return. A couple of times when needed to do subsequent 90 days Immigration just asked me if I was still at the same address and that was sufficient. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jambo said:

I thought that requirement had changed and you now only have to complete a TM30 if you have changed address? Not that any of us are likely to be leaving in the forseeable future with the current draconian requirements on returning .

Even when I was going for trips to AC or PP I never completed a TM30 on return. A couple of times when needed to do subsequent 90 days Immigration just asked me if I was still at the same address and that was sufficient. 

Infact, I just remembered that just before my last visit to the UK I actually asked at Immigration's reception if I needed to complete a TM30 on return and both the two staff members said in stereo "Only if you have changed address."

 

Edited by Jambo
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jambo said:

I thought that requirement had changed and you now only have to complete a TM30 if you have changed address? Not that any of us are likely to be leaving in the forseeable future with the current draconian requirements on returning .

Even when I was going for trips to AC or PP I never completed a TM30 on return. A couple of times when needed to do subsequent 90 days Immigration just asked me if I was still at the same address and that was sufficient. 

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1941048/tm30-reporting-rule-on-foreigners-eased

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Jambo said:

I thought that requirement had changed and you now only have to complete a TM30 if you have changed address? Not that any of us are likely to be leaving in the forseeable future with the current draconian requirements on returning .

Even when I was going for trips to AC or PP I never completed a TM30 on return. A couple of times when needed to do subsequent 90 days Immigration just asked me if I was still at the same address and that was sufficient. 

Not sure about changes, I have been away a while.

There have been occasions when I have never been to immigration to advise of my arrival but then again I was usually just visiting from Pattaya or Hua Hin where I was in residence. 

it was only after I left the country and then came back and needed to renew my driving licences that I found out that I should be in possession of a new residence certificate, got to keep the authorities happy.

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dennisb said:

thanks guys,,,, 

will try and do it sunday with the wife once i am out of isolation and back home..

I had mine done yesterday 6 days after i got out and all good. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...