Why do the posts on the forum look so faded now...

fforest

30 minutes ago, fforest said:

I sure its not my computer.....The letters and words look faded to me since the last upgrade.... 

Screenshot 2020-10-23 at 09.00.32.png

Good Morning 

On your computer go to the bottom of the page and click on the little down arrow at the side of Theme.  Select 247 dark and see if this addresses your problem.  I am set on the Bright Default theme, whilst I find that some of the background colours are a little flat, posts and photographs etc are OK with plenty of contrast.  See how it goes.

John

The colours got screwed up after it was mentioned it was difficult to make out the info at the top of the screen.

On 10/18/2020 at 1:17 PM, mrcharliemofo said:

My info at the top of the page has gone dark ?

And the rest of the page seems brighter ?

Capture 2471.JPG

I use the High Contrast extension for Chrome. Works great on the Increase Contrast setting to make the text on a page really stand out. Here's what your post looks like without increased contrast
Without High Contrast.JPG

And with it turned on
With High Contrast.JPG

There are two idiosyncrasies with High Contrast that are easily resolved by temporarily turning off the extension. One is some photos with a dark background become too dark to see. Another is a recent issue, and that is YouTube videos don't play correctly when the extension is running.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

just been told "earth colours" and the in thing right now,  😉

Maybe there a simple way to change the boldness of the text to blacken it. If not then upping the font to the next size up may help those that are struggling. 

Edited by boydeste

3 hours ago, tommy dee said:

Christ ona  bike its just a different colour scheme.  the old navy, dark blue and similar is swapped for a more trendy light glue, green etc. 🙂

on the new version you moaned that you couldnt read the top header line, and were correct.  that colour was used to varying degrees throughout.  I simply switched it to a colour that is easy to read with in a pc, tablet and phone

if you check a dulux book, and send me the colour code you prefer, we can have a vote on it like married couples, then argue, i will go down the pub, you will go and stay with your mother, the kids will become delinquents, we will divorce as I wll be shagging the bar maid, we will split the proceeds of the house sale, I will move to thailand, ....

🙂

When do you think the move will be?Congrats BTW.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, tommy dee said:

Christ ona  bike its just a different colour scheme.  the old navy, dark blue and similar is swapped for a more trendy light glue, green etc. 🙂

on the new version you moaned that you couldnt read the top header line, and were correct.  that colour was used to varying degrees throughout.  I simply switched it to a colour that is easy to read with in a pc, tablet and phone

if you check a dulux book, and send me the colour code you prefer, we can have a vote on it like married couples, then argue, i will go down the pub, you will go and stay with your mother, the kids will become delinquents, we will divorce as I wll be shagging the bar maid, we will split the proceeds of the house sale, I will move to thailand, ....

🙂

You f****** tell em Tommy 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

I use the High Contrast extension for Chrome. Works great on the Increase Contrast setting to make the text on a page really stand out. Here's what your post looks like without increased contrast
Without High Contrast.JPG

And with it turned on
With High Contrast.JPG

There are two idiosyncrasies with High Contrast that are easily resolved by temporarily turning off the extension. One is some photos with a dark background become too dark to see. Another is a recent issue, and that is YouTube videos don't play correctly when the extension is running.

Forcebwithu I just installed the High-rez extension on Chrome and this fixed my problem.....Boy did it ever fix it......Very dark type now......Thank you very much...

The light gray type was unpleasant and making me work to hard to read....

Edited by fforest
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, tommy dee said:

🙂

Sounds like you were describing your personal experience's but you were probably already shagging the bar man

• Surprised 1

11 minutes ago, fforest said:

Forcebwithu I just installed the High-rez extension on Chrome and this fixed my problem.....Boy did it ever fix it......Very dark type now......Thank you very much...

The light gray type was unpleasant and making me work to hard to read....

I still think it would be better if Tommy changed the font colour/size if that's possible. 

Edited by boydeste

29 minutes ago, boydeste said:

I still think it would be better if Tommy changed the font colour/size if that's possible. 

This light gray type thing is being rolled out on a very high level somewhere....I have noticed it on other forums recently...I would guess its being forced on forums when they upgrade....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, fforest said:

This light gray type thing is being rolled out on a very high level somewhere....I have noticed it on other forums recently...I would guess its being forced on forums when they upgrade....

It's set by the default font that Invision includes with the forum software.

As happens too often with developers, they can't leave well enough alone and insist on tinkering and "improving" things with every upgrade. Worst case is when the developer thinks they know what is best for the end user, without any end user feedback.

For a bit of insight on the "I'm the developer and know what's best" mindset, have a look at the Invision Community topic on Why aren't posts numbered within a thread?. The  Chief Software Architect decided post numbering was "just meaningless clutter". So rather than make it a configuration option, or include it under the new three dots "...", he made the decision to remove post numbering in the latest update. That guy must be a real joy to work with.

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

Woul it be too far out of order to suggest putting the colours back to how they have been for the last two years?

On 10/23/2020 at 5:06 PM, forcebwithu said:

For a bit of insight on the "I'm the developer and know what's best" mindset, have a look at the Invision Community topic on Why aren't posts numbered within a thread?. The  Chief Software Architect decided post numbering was "just meaningless clutter". So rather than make it a configuration option, or include it under the new three dots "...", he made the decision to remove post numbering in the latest update. That guy must be a real joy to work with.

Guys keeping themselves in a job by making up things to do.  Security updates and functional ones requested by users are OK, not change to justify continued employment.

15 minutes ago, KWA said:

Woul it be too far out of order to suggest putting the colours back to how they have been for the last two years?

Guys keeping themselves in a job by making up things to do.  Security updates and functional ones requested by users are OK, not change to justify continued employment.

yes it would.  we, inadmin, discussed colour chaning about 6 months ago.  you , as a board, complained that in the old colour scheme ytou couldnt read the titles againstt he back ground.

could I suggest just enjoying the board and not being a moaner.  it truly doesnt help.  and the updates had to be done, and the updates changed the original colours too.

lets draw a line here.  thanks

• Surprised 1