Android box for TV Why ?

Yesitisdakid

On 10/27/2020 at 10:46 AM, Yesitisdakid said:

So can anyone tell me why I would ever need a Android box ?

Well now i know. Found a cheap box on Lazada a Tx6 it has 4gb Ram 32gb storage android 9 2.4 and 5 G wifi and bluetooth the reviews have all been positive that I have found. 32 US dollars. No need for this at home but i got it for traveling. First thing I stripped out all the apps I will never need Kodi and the like and just installed the few I would need. This box is very responsive fast no lags will be perfect for travel. And for 32 Dollars can't really beat it. pair it with a wireless hand held keyboard 99 baht and Wireless mouse 64 baht from lazada as well will give it a try next week. Setting it up for what i needed it for was a 30 min job.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/29/2020 at 6:41 AM, Yesitisdakid said:

Well now i know. Found a cheap box on Lazada a Tx6 it has 4gb Ram 32gb storage android 9 2.4 and 5 G wifi and bluetooth the reviews have all been positive that I have found. 32 US dollars. No need for this at home but i got it for traveling. First thing I stripped out all the apps I will never need Kodi and the like and just installed the few I would need. This box is very responsive fast no lags will be perfect for travel. And for 32 Dollars can't really beat it. pair it with a wireless hand held keyboard 99 baht and Wireless mouse 64 baht from lazada as well will give it a try next week. Setting it up for what i needed it for was a 30 min job.

I use a Tx6 on the living room TV that the kids and TW use.  They mostly stream youtube and Thai TV, or play downloaded shows from a USB drive.  It works great for that.  I got a little wireless all in one keyboard/trackpad/entertainment function thing off Lazada for it.

I have an old tablet PC dedicated to the bedroom TV that lets me do all of the above plus any other PC stuff (spreadsheets, etc) I need to do.  That one is a "smart" TV but I prefer the PC control.  Full wireless keyboard and mouse on that one.  It's very small so I toss it and they keyboard/mouse in the car when we go to the country house and connect it to the bedroom TV there.  The other TVs up there are "smart" so I don't bother with a box for them.

10 hours ago, tko said:

I use a Tx6 on the living room TV that the kids and TW use.  They mostly stream youtube and Thai TV, or play downloaded shows from a USB drive.  It works great for that.  I got a little wireless all in one keyboard/trackpad/entertainment function thing off Lazada for it.

I have an old tablet PC dedicated to the bedroom TV that lets me do all of the above plus any other PC stuff (spreadsheets, etc) I need to do.  That one is a "smart" TV but I prefer the PC control.  Full wireless keyboard and mouse on that one.  It's very small so I toss it and they keyboard/mouse in the car when we go to the country house and connect it to the bedroom TV there.  The other TVs up there are "smart" so I don't bother with a box for them.

Well I had not been sold on the Android box as a matter of fact it's useless for me at home not needed. But for less than $40 us the tx-6 wireless mouse and a handheld wireless keyboard and I just tried this out at my hotel here and it works flawless. At the time being I'm watching news from my hometown I'm sold on the box for traveling that's for sure

25 minutes ago, misteregg said:

Had a very famous sports bar contact me Sunday morning. They couldn’t get the Tyson fight on a reliable stream. Had to put them straight.
It was on FITE.
Wasn’t it rubbish.

You should have invited them all over! :default_fun:

11 hours ago, misteregg said:

Had a very famous sports bar contact me Sunday morning. They couldn’t get the Tyson fight on a reliable stream. Had to put them straight.
It was on FITE.
Wasn’t it rubbish.

My server had no issue with the Tyson fight there were about seven different streams I could choose from came through crystal clear no issues at all but this wasn't with an Android box

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone have some filelinked codes with some good working ad free streaming apk's ?

Can't get to Pattaya to update my android box and many of my previous apk's are now obsolete - news, sport, movies, TV shows etc - whatever. Reliable or reasonably so.

Pretty please 😋 

5 hours ago, Zeb said:

Anyone have some filelinked codes with some good working ad free streaming apk's ?

Can't get to Pattaya to update my android box and many of my previous apk's are now obsolete - news, sport, movies, TV shows etc - whatever. Reliable or reasonably so.

Pretty please 😋 

@Zeb

Check out Kevin Porteous on YouTube

Edited by miko
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, misteregg said:

I’ve had two people this past month ask me details of the legal boxes I use (TrueID) as they are bored of Premier League matches getting buffering.

How much is True per month for football? 

22 hours ago, Zeb said:

Pretty please 😋 

2 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

IMMSMC its 300/400bht depending on whether you're an existing customer.

I still subscribe to HD Prime which for 380 baht per month will give you perfect HD quality TV coverage of all sports ( not just footy), news, sky channels etc etc.

I have it incorporated on my minix box and also my PC and tablet.

There was a time when buffering was a problem but has been working perfectly for me for a long time.

The 7 hour time difference is a killer when they kick off at 7.45pm in the UK. 😀

• Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, Jambo said:

I still subscribe to HD Prime which for 380 baht per month will give you perfect HD quality TV coverage of all sports ( not just footy), news, sky channels etc etc.

I have it incorporated on my minix box and also my PC and tablet.

There was a time when buffering was a problem but has been working perfectly for me for a long time.

The 7 hour time difference is a killer when they kick off at 7.45pm in the UK. 😀

Me too Jambo but as i maintain Truevisions for other channels i have two options for watching footie and TV is always my first choice for uninterrupted footie watching unless there's a storm and TV is down, thats when HDPrime comes into play.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Me too Jambo but as i maintain Truevisions for other channels i have two options for watching footie and TV is always my first choice for uninterrupted footie watching unless there's a storm and TV is down, thats when HDPrime comes into play.

Well I must say thanks to HD Prime I had a perfect medium to watch the Gooners putting the Leeds upstarts in their place last night.

Playing out from the back is all very well unless the opposition take away the options of where to pass and the Gooners pressed so very well throughout the match.

Same old Leeds in one respect with foul after foul. Not in the Giles, Hunter, Bremner, Charlton category ...............yet. 🤣

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 months later...
On 12/3/2020 at 5:36 PM, Yesitisdakid said:

Well I had not been sold on the Android box as a matter of fact it's useless for me at home not needed. But for less than $40 us the tx-6 wireless mouse and a handheld wireless keyboard and I just tried this out at my hotel here and it works flawless. At the time being I'm watching news from my hometown I'm sold on the box for traveling that's for sure

…i typically don’t watch tv from my computer…so if i want to watch NFL football from my 4k tv…i will need an android box?   Other than the box, do i need to buy/pay for anything else or pay for a streaming service??? …or is everything free after having the box?