Android box for TV Why ?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Others have tried to convince me this is the way to go when wanting to see TV from around the world. I have seen boxes all over the place all difference prices and IPTV service as well at all differen

Consistently good internet is something you need to have my connection is here somewhere. I shit you not this is the true box in my building

Got a couple of those firesticks with IPTV in my condo in Bangkok, Brilliant for sport and all the football and you get loads of movies and Tv series on it as well. The guy I get mine from has a teleg

Posted Images

56 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

In order to stream NFL online without cable, you must first purchase a streaming device.

He is  incorrect your PC is all you need

Technically your PC is a streaming device. 

On 10/27/2020 at 10:46 AM, Yesitisdakid said:

So can anyone tell me why I would ever need a Android box ?

Well now i know. Found a cheap box on Lazada a Tx6 it has 4gb Ram 32gb storage android 9 2.4 and 5 G wifi and bluetooth the reviews have all been positive that I have found. 32 US dollars. No need for this at home but i got it for traveling. First thing I stripped out all the apps I will never need Kodi and the like and just installed the few I would need. This box is very responsive fast no lags will be perfect for travel. And for 32 Dollars can't really beat it. pair it with a wireless hand held keyboard 99 baht and Wireless mouse 64 baht from lazada as well will give it a try next week. Setting it up for what i needed it for was a 30 min job.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 11/29/2020 at 6:41 AM, Yesitisdakid said:

Well now i know. Found a cheap box on Lazada a Tx6 it has 4gb Ram 32gb storage android 9 2.4 and 5 G wifi and bluetooth the reviews have all been positive that I have found. 32 US dollars. No need for this at home but i got it for traveling. First thing I stripped out all the apps I will never need Kodi and the like and just installed the few I would need. This box is very responsive fast no lags will be perfect for travel. And for 32 Dollars can't really beat it. pair it with a wireless hand held keyboard 99 baht and Wireless mouse 64 baht from lazada as well will give it a try next week. Setting it up for what i needed it for was a 30 min job.

I use a Tx6 on the living room TV that the kids and TW use.  They mostly stream youtube and Thai TV, or play downloaded shows from a USB drive.  It works great for that.  I got a little wireless all in one keyboard/trackpad/entertainment function thing off Lazada for it.

I have an old tablet PC dedicated to the bedroom TV that lets me do all of the above plus any other PC stuff (spreadsheets, etc) I need to do.  That one is a "smart" TV but I prefer the PC control.  Full wireless keyboard and mouse on that one.  It's very small so I toss it and they keyboard/mouse in the car when we go to the country house and connect it to the bedroom TV there.  The other TVs up there are "smart" so I don't bother with a box for them.

10 hours ago, tko said:

I use a Tx6 on the living room TV that the kids and TW use.  They mostly stream youtube and Thai TV, or play downloaded shows from a USB drive.  It works great for that.  I got a little wireless all in one keyboard/trackpad/entertainment function thing off Lazada for it.

I have an old tablet PC dedicated to the bedroom TV that lets me do all of the above plus any other PC stuff (spreadsheets, etc) I need to do.  That one is a "smart" TV but I prefer the PC control.  Full wireless keyboard and mouse on that one.  It's very small so I toss it and they keyboard/mouse in the car when we go to the country house and connect it to the bedroom TV there.  The other TVs up there are "smart" so I don't bother with a box for them.

Well I had not been sold on the Android box as a matter of fact it's useless for me at home not needed. But for less than $40 us the tx-6 wireless mouse and a handheld wireless keyboard and I just tried this out at my hotel here and it works flawless. At the time being I'm watching news from my hometown I'm sold on the box for traveling that's for sure

11 hours ago, misteregg said:

Had a very famous sports bar contact me Sunday morning. They couldn’t get the Tyson fight on a reliable stream. Had to put them straight.
It was on FITE.
Wasn’t it rubbish.

My server had no issue with the Tyson fight there were about seven different streams I could choose from came through crystal clear no issues at all but this wasn't with an Android box