TM.30 Reporting

Glasseye

From what I have been led to believe (on many occasions) that it is the hotels (or landlords) responsibility to notify immigration when you are residing in their residence.  That is why they take a copy of your passport when you check in or sign a lease. 

Good, bad, or indifferent - I'm interested to hear what some of the other BM's experience is with this.

More times than not I just assume it is being done. Often I will even ask them if they are in fact going to do so. I want to be on good standing if any question was to arise about my resident status, especially in these times.

As the months roll by with various changes in locations I am discovering that on more than one occasion (and actually now looking back probably several) that the hotel or landlord never reported it (or perhaps they reported it but was never recorded by immigration).

So.... I ask.   Are they really doing it ? Are they just being lazy ? Should I always follow-up to make sure it is being done ? Are there any negative consequences immigration could hold against me with by their failure to do so ? I mean WTF ???

Any thoughts or experiences ???

8 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Should I always follow-up to make sure it is being done ? Are there any negative consequences immigration could hold against me with by their failure to do so ? I mean WTF ???

I would follow up mate, don't give Immigration an excuse to fine you cos they surely will, wifey got fined 800bht for not reporting our return to Thailand from the UK.

An interesting point was made by the IO who fined her, he said and i quote "if its the farang the fine is 2K bht but for Thai nationals its 800bht"

In Rayong, a TM30 is required every 90 days!!!. I have the form on my PC so just change the day and print it . As I am now disabled, my wife does it for me and never has a problem though we haven't left Thailand for 4 years or so.

Alan

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Surprised 1

On 10/31/2020 at 12:45 AM, fifelad55 said:

In Rayong, a TM30 is required every 90 days!!!. I have the form on my PC so just change the day and print it . As I am now disabled, my wife does it for me and never has a problem though we haven't left Thailand for 4 years or so.

Alan

I think you're talking about the 90 day report (TM47).  I live in Rayong and only had to do the TM30 twice, when I moved to Rayong and rented a place and again when we bought a house and moved there.  They even told me I didn't have to report if I stayed in a hotel in another province then returned to the same address. 

Much better than Buriram when lived there which said I had to report within 24 hours if I stayed in another province.  I think all provinces have dropped that, now.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/2/2020 at 7:55 AM, Yesitisdakid said:

in all of my dealings with Immigration never filed one of these or been asked for one.

In order to get a drivers license they say you need a residency certificate (or so I'm told), in order to get a residency certificate they say you need a copy of up to date tm.30 (or so I'm told).

50 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

In order to get a drivers license they say you need a residency certificate (or so I'm told), in order to get a residency certificate they say you need a copy of up to date tm.30 (or so I'm told).

Correct.